Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times

Advertisements

Sucking up to Israel isn't free:

YouTube - ‪5.8 million Israelis Get 100 Billion In US Tax Dollars While American States Are Falling Apart‬‏

Old 05-21-2011, 10:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
obama doesn't deserve any respect, he hasn't earned it.

I'll stand with Israel over the fool in the white house anyday of the week.
I'll stand with AMERICA over Israel any day....

Old 05-21-2011, 10:48 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I agree

So patriotic

Old 05-21-2011, 10:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Evenstar.......How quickly people forget:
President Bush, whose administration at first refused to take any active part in the Middle East process has now, committed itself to peace in the Middle East through the creation of Palestinian State. This is unprecedented. No American President has ever made such a serious and decisive commitment to the Palestinian cause ever before.

This is the first time that an American leader has risked his own credibility and political future and the prestige of America in such a way. The Middle East is a dangerous place to place bets on peace. President Bush deserves credit, commendation and support for displaying such courage. Both Israelis and Palestinians must realize that their best hope for peace and a negotiated settlement is through the brokerage of the US.
No, not all Americans agreed with President Bush either. This is part of why he lost in ratings. Americans don't forget, just some choose to ignore evil, even, when it's coming from their side.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'm with ya on that. I'd like to say "Look, there is a patriotic American on this thread and not another self loathing conservative!" but I'd be wrong.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What I find ironic is the fact that he proclaimed himself as being able to bring peace.

Why is the world exploding around us?

Could it be his naive foreign policy? Or more likely his inexperience in diplomacy?

Nobel peace Prize winner, huh?

Smartest man on earth, huh?
I believe it would be ALL of the Above!! Except for Smartest man on earth........I would put "Thinks He is The"..............

Old 05-21-2011, 11:18 AM

Default Israel is not our enemy

We support other countries also, why is it you and others pick out Israel, over let's say Pakistan............... who held Bin Laden all these years.

There are far more reasons for protecting Israel, than religious reasons..................

F L A M E : Aid to Israel: Does the U.S. get its money's worth?
Only a fraction of the aid given stays in Israel. By far the largest share remains with American defense contractors. Peter McPherson, former administrator of the Agency for International Development, estimated that every billion dollars of aid to Israel creates 60,000 to 70,000 jobs in the United States.

There are many other benefits that the U.S. military derives from Israel. Israel is the only country that has gained battlefield experience with U.S. weapons. This experience is immediately conveyed to the U.S. Enormous quantities of captured Soviet weapons and defense systems were turned over to the U.S. military for analysis. Israel, in the light of its experience, continually modifies U.S. weapons systems.

For instance, Israeli scientists have made over 200 improvements in the F-15 alone and similar improvements, mostly in avionics, in later-generation planes. It would be more in line with reality if military aid to Israel were classified as part of the defense budget, rather than as “aid”. Israel is truly America’s unsinkable aircraft carrier in the Middle East.

Former President Reagan put it well: “The fall of Iran has increased Israel’s value as perhaps the only remaining strategic asset in the region on which the United States can fully rely.” American aid to Israel is a two-way street. Aid to Israel is America’s greatest defense bargain.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:23 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,271,444 times
Let's see, after insisting Israel become even more vulnerable and miniscule than it already is what can we tell them to give up to those whose charter is to wipe them off the map other than their very lives the next time the muslim world erupts? I agree with another poster on another thread who said this is extortion. The O was showing his adherence to the muslim stance yet again and I don't believe out of naivite.

Bibi knows all too well what is at stake here.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:50 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
A. How much American paycheck money do we give to Taiwan?

B. How many American soldiers have died protecting Taiwan over the last 30 years?
How many American soldiers have died to protect Israel?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
How many American soldiers have died to protect Israel?
Zero..

Many have given their lives protecting muslims, however.

This fact is absolutely lost on the left.

What REALLY gets me is the fact that so many American Jews are willing to stick their necks out to protect islam, but will throw Israel to the wolves.

They will be the 1st to be executed. Again. The Holocaust was allowed to happen because of the liberalism of the Jews.

They're at it again. Marching themselves into the ovens.

Liberalism is truly a mental disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies