Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to be facetious, I'd like to hear some real answers. I know we give them a generous amount of aid, but what do we get in return? They sure haven't put any boots on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan. And apparently they've been doing some technology/defense dealings with China.

Concrete examples preferred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 12:20 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,947 times
...yes you are...!

Old 05-21-2011, 12:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Well, to be fair, they can't put boots on the ground in those places you listed, or the coalitions will fall apart.

Still though, i haven't a clue as to what we get out of our relationship with them. Maybe we get the privilege of feeling good for supporting them or something. Hell, i couldn't tell you. Frankly, no one has ever given me a satisfactory answer to the question yet. Something about them being the "only Democracy in the Middle East" blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

I've got nothing against Israel. I believe strongly in their right to exist. They can only pull our strings as far as we let them. If you don't pledge your undying love for their country and completely slobber over all things Israeli, you must hate Jews. It is what it is....i don't care anymore.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:41 AM

29 posts, read 90,542 times
I think that they contribute in military tacticals.. for sure in medical advances.. I read an article the other day about a machine that they have created that can actually smell disease.. specifically cancers.
I think that the question that you are asking, however is a bit rediculous. What have we done for them? What have we really done for Iraq? I think that it is only right to stand with a country that desires peace and democrocy. The countries surrounding tiny Israel are absolutely not for thier people, they are a dictatorship..
These people have a history of struggle, and millions of them have been murdered in the Holocaust.. well yes we are dealing with them today- but we cannot forget our past otherswise we will repeat it in our future. They need a place to be, to survive and thrive. No one wanted that land in the first place, why else would the UN give it to them? think about it. Did you know there were pools of maleria? It was inhabitable.. and now it truely is a land of milk and honey. And the people are genuinely nice. Thats my two bits.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:57 AM

265 posts, read 945,559 times
Israel has done a lot for us. They have conspired false flag operations against the United States like the Lavon Affair, and they bombed the USS Liberty.

Great allies.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:50 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm not trying to be facetious, I'd like to hear some real answers. I know we give them a generous amount of aid, but what do we get in return? They sure haven't put any boots on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan. And apparently they've been doing some technology/defense dealings with China.

Concrete examples preferred.
You Ready?

First of all .. Why not question Why we give billions in annual aide to Egypt, an enemy of Israel and Jews worldwide and billions to Saudi Arabia .. also, an enemy of Israel and Jews worldwide?

Why does this Administration want to give billions in advanced jet fighters and other weaponry to Egypt, home of the Muslim Brotherhood , and to Saudi Arabia, home for fifteen of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers?

Aide to Israel is one of the most cost-effective investments that Americans make in support of their international interests.

They are the ONE country that actually pays us back annually on the "LOANS"!
Not only that .. $1.325 of the $1.8 billion annual military aide Must, by law, be spent in the United States, creating tens of thousands of American jobs.

$80 to $112 billion is estimated to go directly or indirectly to support our European allies in NATO and is many times the size of the aide to Israel.

The aide given to Israel should be measured against the major threat to Israel's security from Iran, Syria, the Palestinian organizations and militant Islam. Why?

Well compare the cost of deploying 40,000 American troops at the DMZ on the Korean Peninsula to the annual aide to Israel.

Mobilizing U.S. forces in Europe twice in the past century, once against Nazism and then against communism could be considered foreign aide (protection of Europe) and was the largest amount of money ever spent .. to date.

Americans, at that time understood that the fall of Europe could bring about the same fate in the United States.

This should help to explain the reason for American support of Israel against extreme Islamists.

The difference is that Israel has never asked for foreign troops to defend it!
(Another reason aide is supported by the American public.)

Israel has the only democratic country in the Middle East, and is the most effective ally in the entire world to halt the expansion of radical Islam.

Israel is our ONLY reliable ally in the Middle East.
It is the only nation that publicly declares it's support for America.

Remember the time when we were able to intercept a falling satellite and destroy it .. proving the validity of a missile defense system? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_(missile)

Guess who developed the technology to do that?
Israel!

Israel worked with the US in developing the Arrow anti-missile system.

They also worked with us on the Boost Phase Intercept program and the Tactical High Energy Laser program. http://www.spacedaily.com/news/laser-00g.html

The high-energy laser beam mounted on an airplane can be used to knock out incoming missiles.

Have you heard of our "Secure Border Initiative?"
This is the latest attempt by our government to use technology to secure its borders, stop smuggling, and prevent illegal immigration.
(Well .. The Illegal Alien part? .. Not so much)

The project was open to bidders around the world.
Homeland Security gave the bidders total freedom to create new ideas of how to apply both new and old technology to secure the US borders.

Guess who won the rights to build it?
(Who knows more about protecting its borders against terrorist attacks?)

Kollsman Inc. won!
An AMERICAN subsidiary of Elbit, an Israeli company.

There are hundreds of other technological modifications and improvements in weapons systems that Israel has supplied to American armed forces, including those operating in Iraq.

What do our other, alleged allies in the Middle East offer us?

Look at another Middle Eastern country that the US bankrolls: Pakistan.
Pakistan's quality of life index is somewhere south of Haiti's.

But we still rewarded their government with a 45,000 percent increase in US aide since 2001 and is "Five Times" the amount that Israel receives!

Can you say for sure that Pakistan helped us to find Bin Laden or were they hiding him? (Billions going there)

Not that long ago, Bush canceled a $1 billion debt that Pakistan owed to the U.S. and instituted a new $3 billion military and economic assistance package to them.

Right now, at least 17 of the worst Sunni terror groups banned by the US and the UN have been allowed to operate openly in Pakistan.

These groups launch recruitment drives, using phony cover-names, and operate within sight of the Pakistan military.

Pakistan's unsecured nuclear arsenal becomes increasingly more vulnerable as terrorists continue to gain ground in Islamabad.

Did you know that the Pentagon considers Pakistan to be a greater nuclear threat to the world than is Iran?

So maybe the next time you want to question Why we give aide to Israel .. You might want to look a little closer .. Elsewhere!?

Last edited by MrClose; 05-21-2011 at 02:03 AM..

Old 05-21-2011, 01:54 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You Ready?

So maybe the next time you want to question Why we give aide to Israel .. You might want to look a little closer .. Elsewhere!?
Cancel financial aid to all nations everywhere.

[problem solved]

Old 05-21-2011, 02:00 AM

587 posts, read 1,135,535 times
Egypt acknowledged Isreal's right to exist and made peace with Isreal in 1979....remember President Carter, Isreali Prime Minister Menachum Begin and Egypt President Anwar Sadat at Camp David.....that acknowledgement led directly to Sadat being assainated by members of his own military in 1981, which led to Hosnai Mubarki being president of Egypt...I think Mubarki is sitting in an Egyptian jail right now after he was forced to resign earlier this year......Egypt and Isreal are still at peace.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Cancel financial aid to all nations everywhere.

[problem solved]
I'm guessing that you didn't Read my first post?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
Egypt acknowledged Isreal's right to exist and made peace with Isreal in 1979....remember President Carter, Isreali Prime Minister Menachum Begin and Egypt President Anwar Sadat at Camp David.....that acknowledgement led directly to Sadat being assainated by members of his own military in 1981, which led to Hosnai Mubarki being president of Egypt...I think Mubarki is sitting in an Egyptian jail right now after he was forced to resign earlier this year......Egypt and Isreal are still at peace.
I'm tired and have already made One very long post this morning.

Let me just say this: Your 'musings' are so far off the chart .. known as Reality that it would take me Another hour to rebuke the ramblings.

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone else will come along to straighten things out for you!?
(Then again .. maybe not)

Oh well .. Real facts are easy to look up and I'd suggest that you do .. just that!

BTW: It's spelled .. ISRAEL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies