Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 PM

513 posts, read 581,086 times

Advertisements

For some reason or another I was thinking about the Waco Siege earlier today. I mean on the one hand David Koresh and his posse were nothing, if not religious weirdos and cultists, but that hardly justifies locking a bunch of women and children in a church, pumping it full of teargas, and burning it to the ground. I mean grenade launchers, snipers, armored vehicles, really? Shooting women and children dead? I know there were unsubstantiated rumors that the children were being molested, but even so, the government response was anything but appropriate. I think we all know the real reason for the Waco Siege... law-abiding Christian white men with guns, the biggest threat to liberal tyranny.

Not gangbangers, not illegal aliens, not drug mules, not Islamic terrorists, but armed white men. When does the government ever ambush gangbangers, illegal aliens, drug mules, or Islamic terrorists the way they ambushed the Davidians at the Mount Carmel Center? Mass murders and terrorists are treated way better than the Davidians were at Waco. The Waco Siege makes the slaying of Osama bin Laden look like child's play.

Let me put it another way, in terms of a hypothetical situation.

Let's say for instance, under George Bush, the FBI locked a bunch of Muslim women and children in a mosque, pumped it full of poison gas, burned it to the ground, and of course if any of the Muslim children attempted to escape, they were picked off by snipers. Don't you think if that happened, liberals would be demanding that George Bush be publicly executed?

Moreover liberals blamed 9/11 on our own government for inciting Islamic hatred towards the U.S. Well by that logic, wouldn't the government under Bill Clinton be responsible for the Oklahoma City Bombing, since they incited Timothy McVeigh with the siege at Waco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 07:25 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
when the cops say "come out with your hands up" and you don't do it, then kiss your a$$ good bye
same thing happened 25 years ago to MOVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOU5fqRU6Kg

Old 05-21-2011, 07:33 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
He got away with it because he wasn't a republican.. Just ask Elian Gonzalez what happened to him...

Old 05-21-2011, 07:36 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Clinton was inaugurated on Jan 21, 1993
The Waco siege began on February 28, 1993
The Waco case issues were down low in the FBI up until that day

Cluster-f-uck happens

Old 05-21-2011, 07:38 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
so, i guess we can blame everything on Bush I, didn't he start it all with Ruby Ridge?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
For some reason or another I was thinking about the Waco Siege earlier today. I mean on the one hand David Koresh and his posse were nothing, if not religious weirdos and cultists, but that hardly justifies locking a bunch of women and children in a church, pumping it full of teargas, and burning it to the ground. I mean grenade launchers, snipers, armored vehicles, really? Shooting women and children dead? I know there were unsubstantiated rumors that the children were being molested, but even so, the government response was anything but appropriate. I think we all know the real reason for the Waco Siege... law-abiding Christian white men with guns, the biggest threat to liberal tyranny.

Not gangbangers, not illegal aliens, not drug mules, not Islamic terrorists, but armed white men. When does the government ever ambush gangbangers, illegal aliens, drug mules, or Islamic terrorists the way they ambushed the Davidians at the Mount Carmel Center? Mass murders and terrorists are treated way better than the Davidians were at Waco. The Waco Siege makes the slaying of Osama bin Laden look like child's play.

Let me put it another way, in terms of a hypothetical situation.

Let's say for instance, under George Bush, the FBI locked a bunch of Muslim women and children in a mosque, pumped it full of poison gas, burned it to the ground, and of course if any of the Muslim children attempted to escape, they were picked off by snipers. Don't you think if that happened, liberals would be demanding that George Bush be publicly executed?

Moreover liberals blamed 9/11 on our own government for inciting Islamic hatred towards the U.S. Well by that logic, wouldn't the government under Bill Clinton be responsible for the Oklahoma City Bombing, since they incited Timothy McVeigh with the siege at Waco?
Why don't you give us a post of yours taking Bush to task for his illegal expansion of government powers, and assaults on civil liberties?

That way we would know you are not some typical right winger who only takes up the cause of the Constitution when the GOP is out of power?

You'd really have allot of credibility then.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Why do right-wing anti-government types want to protect criminals?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 PM

nice history rewrite, but the government, BUSH I's government was actively investigating Koresh and the Davidians for a while. Waco siege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in fact trouble at the compound goes back to 1987....

Quote:
After the death of Lois and probate of Lois' estate in January 1987, (Koresh) attempted to gain control of the Mt Carmel center by force. George Roden had dug up the casket of Anna Hughes from the Davidian cemetery and had challenged (Koresh) to a resurrection contest to prove who was the rightful heir to the leadership. (Koresh) instead went to the police and claimed Roden was guilty of corpse abuse. By October 31, 1987 the county prosecutors had refused to file charges without proof and so on November 3, 1987 (Koresh) and seven armed companions attempted to access the Mt. Carmel chapel with the goal of photographing the body in the casket. George Roden was advised of the interlopers and grabbed an Uzi in response. The sheriff's department responded about 20 minutes into the gunfight. Sheriff Harwell got (Koresh) on the phone and told him to stop shooting and surrender. (Koresh) and his companions, dubbed the "Rodenville Eight" by the media, were tried on April 12, 1988; seven were acquitted and the jury was hung on (Koresh)'s verdict. The county prosecutors did not press the case further.[6]
to say nobody was watching them until clinton was in office is disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Clinton was inaugurated on Jan 21, 1993
The Waco siege began on February 28, 1993

Cluster-f-uck happens

Old 05-21-2011, 08:04 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
nice history rewrite...
to say nobody was watching them until clinton was in office is disingenuous.
if that's how you've interpreted my off the cuff comment... oh well.

But I'll still stand by my statement:

That at only 5 weeks into his presidency...
a) Clinton had (probably) never even heard the mans name before that day, and
b) Reno (probably) had only seen it as the name on an active case file that a deputy two or probably ten levels down was dealing with.

That make you feel better?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:09 PM

FYI, ATF was the lead on the weapons investigation and lead the raid, not the FBI.

and yet, they had undercover agents living across the street watching for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
if that's how you've interpreted my off the cuff comment... oh well.

But I'll still stand by my statement:

That at only 5 weeks into his presidency...
a) Clinton had (probably) never even heard the mans name before that day, and
b) Reno (probably) had only seen it as the name on an active case file that a deputy two or probably ten levels down was dealing with.

That make you feel better?
sure, to blame Clinton or Reno for the investigation or FIRST raid is BS. How would they have a heads up on what everyone was doing. They were executing a seach warrant, nobody expected what followed.

Now the final raid, is up for debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies