Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
As usual, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The Barrett Light .50 (M82) was designed in 1980 and in production since 1982. There were no automatic weapons at the Mount Carmel compound, unless the ATF or FBI brought them.
That's bull, you can see it firing through the siding on the wall at the ATF agents. The fact that there were illegal automatic weapons was the reason for the warrant. But if you want to side with Domestic Terrorists over Law Enforcement line up with MOVE and the Symbionese Liberation Army. When they come for you I'll be cheering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 09:06 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Maybe you should start up an investigation.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The fact that it was McVeighs reason for attacking ties them together forever, just as the presence of shells from Lon Horiuchi's rifle at Mt Carmel ties it to Ruby Ridge.

I've never heard of the other bombs through any credible source but I can see how it would tie in to O'Bama and the IRA
No it doesnt. I have yet to hear how McVeigh, actions, justifies Waco's actions.. All you are doing is making excuses and changing the subject..

Again, the topic is how did they get away with the siege at Waco, not what was the reaction of the public to Waco.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
That's bull, you can see it firing through the siding on the wall at the ATF agents. The fact that there were illegal automatic weapons was the reason for the warrant. But if you want to side with Domestic Terrorists over Law Enforcement line up with MOVE and the Symbionese Liberation Army. When they come for you I'll be cheering
Spare us the nonsense that if you disagree, you are siding with domsetic terrorists.... Thats like defending someone planting a gun on a "criminal", to justify a copy shooting..

A complete list of weapons found..
Guns Recovered at Branch Davidian Compound

I dont know 1 thing about guns, but personally, I've got no problem at all if people want to park a tank in their driveway.

It does seem that they had legal weapons, that were modified to work illegally, but they wouldnt have known that until AFTER a raid..

Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Ruby Ridge...

I don't think ANYONE condones what happened there.
The man in charge of that operation was promoted afterwards.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I have yet to hear how McVeigh, actions, justifies Waco's actions.
You never heard McVeigh say anything. You only heard what the government says he said, right up to the end.

Last edited by Bideshi; 05-23-2011 at 09:57 PM..

Old 05-23-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It does seem that they had legal weapons, that were modified to work illegally, but they wouldnt have known that until AFTER a raid..
All evidence was destroyed and the entire area bulldozed flat before any independent investigation could be done. No one associated with the compound, some of whom voluntarily left the compound alive before the final assault, have ever been heard from again to the best of my knowledge*. Even their lawyer had a gag order placed on him. You can convict anyone of anything in a closed trial.

*PLS correct me if I am wrong. I would like to hear from anyone who was inside the compound before the final assault, other than a news reporter.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
All evidence was destroyed and the entire area bulldozed flat before any independent investigation could be done. No one associated with the compound, some of whom left the compound alive before the final assault, have ever been heard from again. Even their lawyer had a gag order placed on him. You can convict anyone of anything in a closed trial.
There were also more than a few reports of the full auto parts in the allegedly illegally converted weapons appearing pristine while the rest of the weapon suffered major fire damage.

The reality is we will never know what actually happened there but there are more than enough questions to call the government account suspect.

At a minimum it was a botched raid that resulted in the deaths of a substantial number of women and children.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:05 AM

Wow. Talk about a thread coming to a sudden halt. There is so much fear in our society today that we are afraid to even discuss such events. How sad for our country..

Time published the pictures of the 25 children under the age of five that died in the assault. My daughter was that age at the time and I carried that page folded in my wallet for a long time after that. Reports were that almost everyone in the compound had been shot execution style in the back of the head, including the children and Koresh. It seems clear that no one was meant to come out of that compound alive.

Last edited by Bideshi; 05-24-2011 at 06:13 AM..

Old 05-24-2011, 06:34 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
The fact that there were illegal automatic weapons was the reason for the warrant.
Based on the link above, no one had the proper licenses for 21 suppressors and 13 auto sears. Add in the 46 weapons converted to full auto and things are really bad. Am I taking up for them? No. Was the ATF justified in their response? No.

But the ATF is well known in the gun circles for being aggressive in their tactics. This is one of the more recent events where they prosecuted the owner of a malfunctioning AR-15 because it fired a few rounds with a single trigger pull Malfunctioning AR15 becomes a machine gun? « Totalrecoil . It only took the ATF months of test firing ammo that was out of spec (very light primers) before they could re-create the situation.

I don't trust the federal government. I sure don't trust part of the government that has no Constitutional power behind its existence. In a truly free country Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms would be the name of a store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies