Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Parenting skills had nothing to do with the deaths of these children. Their deaths were caused by an over zealous AG. If they wanted Koresh, all they had to do was wait for him in town and picked him up. He wasn't hiding in the compound. He was out and about.
I disagree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 12:02 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nope, that would be a different topic. I don't think the idiots in Waco were victims. Though in all honesty, I don't really care, this is a story from the early 90's on a thread from 2011...
If you didn't care then you would have never responded to the thread. I can understand your taking the side of the government, but all that really means is that you support murderers. Ideology will always cloud the judgment of those who worship big government. Since both major parties support big government, I subsequently oppose them. Democracy exists to inhibit change.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I disagree with you.
You disagree that the feds could not have arrested Koresh without burning 79 people, including 20 children(14 of which were at or under the age of 6) to death?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:05 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
If you didn't care then you would have never responded to the thread. I can understand your taking the side of the government, but all that really means is that you support murderers. Ideology will always cloud the judgment of those who worship big government. Since both major parties support big government, I subsequently oppose them. Democracy exists to inhibit change.
I commented because I felt like it, either way, have fun reminiscing on this cult that got itself killed.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I commented because I felt like it, either way, have fun reminiscing on this cult that got itself killed.
They were killed because of the actions of the federal agents under the direction of Bill Clinton and Janet Reno.

The massacre could have been avoided had the federal government complied with the Constitution.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:09 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
I disagree with you.
Then you would be wrong. Plain and simple. It is well known that Koresh was frequently out in the community along with several of the other leading male followers. Supplies were limited within the compound. The government had several options if they wanted to make arrests, that would not have resulted in the deaths of anyone, but they intentionally and willingly killed everyone inside, and did so in the most brutal way imaginable. Worship at the alter all you want, but you can't change the facts.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:16 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,653,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
when the cops say "come out with your hands up" and you don't do it, then kiss your a$$ good bye
same thing happened 25 years ago to MOVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOU5fqRU6Kg
#2 post in thread has the answer. When the FBI, et al, says come out and you don't - you are being your own worst enemy. It's just stupid.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:19 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
#2 post in thread has the answer. When the FBI, et al, says come out and you don't - you are being your own worst enemy. It's just stupid.
So that authorizes the government to execute children? Really?

Old 04-22-2015, 03:30 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Stunning. Usually when one hears about atrocities like these, its the handiwork of an oppressive dictator in a far away land.
I suppose there were those who rationalized Saddams gassing of the Kurds as well.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:48 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why do right-wing anti-government types want to protect criminals?

how was koresh a criminal?

the cops and social workers were out at his ranch the week before f-troop decided to invade their property and found nothing illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies