Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:11 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,330,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Obama knows NOTHING OF BUSINESS...tell me how many pay rolls he had to meet LOLOL lord..

The most inexperience Pres. in HISTORY and you people try and make it not so.....Remember "Lips stick on a pig"....Well right back at you OBAMA,you know nothing of business and that is why this country is doomed if he's re-elected!
Yeah, that Bush had plenty of experience running businesses into the ground. That worked out so well now didn't it?

Seriously, Obama could take taken a business from $2 to $2 billion a year in profits and you'd hate his guts, and you know it!

I doubt this country is doomed as things are slowly looking better, but it was Republicans and their deregulation and tax cuts for millionaires and an illegal war that got us here. DON'T you forget THAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,804,662 times
Quote:
Were is all the liberal media outrage over this???

Boy I remember all we ever heard was "Bush/haliberton" blah blah blah and in the end it was pretty much a non story but the hypocracy of the liberal left elite is sickening!

Obama Adviser GE Shipping Jobs and Profits Overseas - General Electric - Fox Nation

Keep sending those jobs overseas Obama
Let me get this straight. You're faulting Obama and the Left for neglecting to do what the Republicans would vociferously argue in foam-flecked rage GE has every right to do?

uh huh.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,416,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I'll tell you what he is, just like Clinton was. A Progressive. He even says so himself. Now I'll tell you what he's not. He's not KING! He can't just enact anything he wants if the people don't want it. Only 20% in this country identify as Liberals. If he was to do everything that Liberals wanted, he would have to be Dictator or King.
I don't see him acting like a King. In fact, I've not seen ANY President - well maybe aside from Nixon - who seemed to think he was King.

Regarding what Obama calls himself - it's no more relevent than what Bush called himself. Bush called himself a Conservative, but most Conservatives didn't seem to think so.

Again, Obama is a Centrist - always has been and likely always will be - that's why the REAL Liberals - or Progressives or whatever you want to call them - are not exactly thrilled with him. Most will still vote for him because he gives them MORE of what they want than a GOP President would, but he certainly doesn't pass their litmus test for being a "Liberal" - despite what the GOP spinmeisters would have folks believe.

Ken

Old 05-23-2011, 02:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,496,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I don't see him acting like a King. In fact, I've not seen ANY President - well maybe aside from Nixon - who seemed to think he was King.

Regarding what Obama calls himself - it's no more relevent than what Bush called himself. Bush called himself a Conservative, but most Conservatives didn't seem to think so.

Again, Obama is a Centrist - always has been and likely always will be - that's why the REAL Liberals - or Progressives or whatever you want to call them - are not exactly thrilled with him. Most will still vote for him because he gives them MORE of what they want than a GOP President would, but he certainly doesn't pass their litmus test for being a "Liberal" - despite what the GOP spinmeisters would have folks believe.

Ken
You missed the point entirely. Just because a POTUS is either a Conservative or Liberal, they can't just pass EVERYTHING that their base wants. They just can't do it without being a King or Dictator. There are other people to take into consideration, not just your base. So if a POTUS doesn't do EVERYTHING that you want him to, does NOT mean he is not a Conservative or Liberal. How you judge that is look at what they DO do and what they BELIEVE. With all of that taken into consideration, GWB was no Conservative and Obama is no Centrist. They are BOTH Progressives, one a little lighter than the other and I DON'T mean skin color!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 PM

40,048 posts, read 34,715,773 times
Quote:

Boy I remember all we ever heard was "Bush/haliberton" blah blah blah and in the end it was pretty much a non story but the hypocracy of the liberal left elite is sickening!
On the other hand, it's hilarious that you can misspell so many words--including even "where," but not, strangely enough, "liberal."

Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,416,870 times
Quote:
You missed the point entirely. Just because a POTUS is either a Conservative or Liberal, they can't just pass EVERYTHING that their base wants. They just can't do it without being a King or Dictator. There are other people to take into consideration, not just your base. So if a POTUS doesn't do EVERYTHING that you want him to, does NOT mean he is not a Conservative or Liberal. How you judge that is look at what they DO do and what they BELIEVE. With all of that taken into consideration, GWB was no Conservative and Obama is no Centrist. They are BOTH Progressives, one a little lighter than the other and I DON'T mean skin color!
LOL
Only someone on the far far far far Right would consider GW to be a "Progressive" - certainly REAL Progressives don't think of him as such. I don't think there is much of ANYTHING that Progessives share with Bush.

I suspect you are just trying to dump your "garbage" President over the fence to the "other side" because he was such an embarrassment.

Toooooooo funny.

Ken

Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,385,404 times
Quote:
ok, I'm glad you know more about Obama than he does. He said himself he is a Progressive. Take it up with him.

Oh, I forgot to laugh at this:

"No, he's a businessman"

A business man who never held a private sector job or ran anything in his life? OK!!!!!!
Wait a minute!

You're forgetting that job he had at the ice cream parlor back in Hawaii.....back before he got a SS number.......

Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,066,050 times
Quote:
ok, I'm glad you know more about Obama than he does. He said himself he is a Progressive. Take it up with him.
Because obviously a politician would NEVER try to sell himself by telling people that he's something that he's honestly not.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,203,244 times
Quote:
Contrary to what you liberals think, the President doesn't really directly create jobs. He also doesn't have the ability to directly move them overseas.

He hired a guy who runs the most well respected company in the country to lead up his effort. Who should be complaining about that?

All big companies move jobs overseas. It's not up to the companies to keep jobs in the US. That's the role of government. If it were more profitable to move every single job to another country, every CEO in the country would be doing that.

In terms of Obama, he seems to have done pretty well with his trade missions to drum up more business for US companies has he not?

Stop thinking of the government as the panacea for everything. They're not as powerful as you think.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:33 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,165,140 times
Quote:

Obama Adviser GE Shipping Jobs and Profits Overseas - General Electric - Fox Nation

You are comparing standard globalized business (GE) with starting a war to bring money to the ultimate war contractor Haliburtan? Jesus Christ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies