Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,416,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and obama was a drug user in college. so what? you are pushing a double standard here. the left excoriated bush for his alcohol and drug use in college, but virtually ignored obama doing the same thing.
Kind of like YOU ignoring Bush's college issues and excoriating Obama for his?
Is THAT the "double standard" you are talking about?

People who live in glass houses...

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,611,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Really?
The economy was "actually OK" last September?
You're just avoiding answering the question of "Why did the GOP block the bill?" I mean, here you are COMPLAINING about jobs being shipped overseas and blaming the Democrats for that - and yet JUST LAST YEAR the GOP blocked a bill aimed at trying to STOP THAT. Where's your anger against the GOP?

THEY are the ones' who STOPPED the bill.
If THAT'S not a case of your "Do as I say, not as I do" - then I sure don't know what is?

Ken
Pointless to talk with you...

Stick with one point.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,416,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Pointless to talk with you...

Stick with one point.
In other words, you can't defend or explain the GOP blocking of the bill so you're just going to IGNORE IT.

OK, I understand - the old "ostrich" tactic. That's fine. I can leave the discussion at at - but I gotta say, you sure didn't prove your point. I mean, wasn't the WHOLE POINT of this thread your claim that the Democrats are shipping jobs overseas - and that folks on the Right seem OK with that when it Democrats doing it? And wasn't the bill blocked by the GOP aimed at removing tax breaks for those companies that ship jobs overseas? So why are you so angry with the Democrats for jobs sent overseas when you are willing to give the GOP a pass on the issue?

More to the point though - isn't that YOU doing the very thing you're accusing folks on the Left of doing (ie excusing YOUR side while criticising the OTHER side for doing virtually the SAME thing")?

It's a FAIR question.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-23-2011 at 03:51 PM..

Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,602,202 times
Quote:
Were is all the liberal media outrage over this???

Boy I remember all we ever heard was "Bush/haliberton" blah blah blah and in the end it was pretty much a non story but the hypocracy of the liberal left elite is sickening!

Obama Adviser GE Shipping Jobs and Profits Overseas - General Electric - Fox Nation

Keep sending those jobs overseas Obama
I don't care for any politicians of any political party to pander to businesses over the country's general welfare.

Happy now!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,071,144 times
Quote:
Were is all the liberal media outrage over this???

Boy I remember all we ever heard was "Bush/haliberton" blah blah blah and in the end it was pretty much a non story but the hypocracy of the liberal left elite is sickening!

Obama Adviser GE Shipping Jobs and Profits Overseas - General Electric - Fox Nation

Keep sending those jobs overseas Obama
You WON'T hear any screaming, from the Left or the media.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,347,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel. View Post
American Liberals still back the Death Penalty for crying out loud.
Yeah, but only for fetuses.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:42 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,519,304 times
[LEFT]"As a group, multinational companies with current or former chief executive officers on Obama's jobs council have, over the past four years, almost doubled the cumulative amounts they've reinvested overseas, according to data compiled by Bloomberg."

Obama's been president for 4 years? Missed that one. I also didn't know Obama had control in business people on advisory committees. But anyway, in teabaggerland, Obama is responsible for everything perceived as negative and has nothing to do with anything perceived as being positive. I tell you, if the guy was as bad as advertised on Fox, I would think every possible publican candidate would be licking their chops to challenge him, but they aren't. They too busy getting foxnews checks.
[/LEFT]

Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 PM

764 posts, read 598,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You missed the point entirely. Just because a POTUS is either a Conservative or Liberal, they can't just pass EVERYTHING that their base wants. They just can't do it without being a King or Dictator. There are other people to take into consideration, not just your base. So if a POTUS doesn't do EVERYTHING that you want him to, does NOT mean he is not a Conservative or Liberal. How you judge that is look at what they DO do and what they BELIEVE. With all of that taken into consideration, GWB was no Conservative and Obama is no Centrist. They are BOTH Progressives, one a little lighter than the other and I DON'T mean skin color!
He had 58 Democratic Senators in the Senate, with two Independents caucusing with the Dems. One of those Independents was one of the most liberal in the Senate. He had a huge majority in Congress, with major support for a Public Option. Despite the fact that the Republicans didn't care one bit about the country, and spent two years blocking up the whole system, he and the Democrats could have got it through. He only really needed 51 votes and yet, Wall Street and the banks are still free to do the things THEY DID (not NPR, or Planned Parenthood, or the Unions, or whatever bull**** the right is talking about) to cause most the economic problems we are facing in this country. Tax cuts for the rich have continued. We have no Public Option.

His record shows that he has no governed as a liberal. Not that anything like that has ever stopped the delusional right...

Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,430,842 times
Gee,... is this information available on any other news site other than FOX? I was unable to find a link to this slant of the story in any other place except for FOX. I'm curious as, I posted a link to a video of a politician speaking recently and was was rebuffed as the link led to MSNBC, (even though it was a video of that politician). I guess anything from that news site is considered dubious to some.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,369,321 times
I think it's disgusting and more proof that Obama is in the bag for big business. He is a corporatist.

BTW, this isn't a Fox story...they posted it from Bloomberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies