Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Instead of writing nonsense maybe you should read other stories on Obama and his econ. council buddies and all the jobs they're sending overseas but I guess the truth hurts to much..I repeat again..

"Do as I say,not as I do"
GOP blocks bill to deny tax break for outsourcing jobs: the roll call
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You forgot to mention "leading the US into one of it's most prosperous decades EVER!"

Ken
He was in the right place at the right time (the Internet boom). That doesn't change the fact about the huge blunders he made.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He was in the right place at the right time (the Internet boom). That doesn't change the fact about the huge blunders he made.
Speaking of "huge blunders": who's watch did 9-11 happen on again?

Ken

Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times

Your joking right???
Actually this is pretty sad on your part and the Dems when they tried to push it...
Dems control everything for a few yrs and could have passed it anytime they wanted(why didn't they bring it up..guess they didn't care about the American workers)but waited till just before election time (LOL) and thought it would swing votes toward them....NOPE,guess it did'nt work.

Pure political pandering..

If this is your best shot...didn't work.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think most liberals on this board have been trying to tell conservatives for quite some time that Obama is no liberal. It's the conservatives that choose not to listen.
you are right, obama is no liberal, at least not like hubert humphrey was. obama is a marxist plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
No, he's a businessman as all presidents are and have been. Molly Ivins is a progressive. Obama is not.
businessman? obama? are you serious? obama has NEVER run a business in his life. he has never had to meet a payroll, or pay creditors, and do that while keeping customers as happy as possible. to call obama a businessman is like calling microsoft an automaker.

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but I think folks that ARE Liberal know who's Liberal a LOT better than Wingnuts do - and THOSE folks will tell you outright that Obama is NOT a Liberal.

The fact is - despite the GOP attempts to paint him as such - Obama is NOT a Liberal. He is and always has been a Left-leaning Centrist much like Clinton was. In fact, Liberals are a bit unhappy with Obama because he HAS NOT pushed their agenda. For example:

Liberals want a single-payer health care system - Obama didn't push for that.
Liberals want assault weapons banned - Obama didn't push for that.
Liberals want out of Afghanistan - Obama RAMPED up Afganistan.
Liberals want Cap and Trade - Obama's not pushing Cap and Trade.

In politics one side ALWAYS tries to paint the Presidential candidate on the other side as "far extreme" in an effort to scare voters into voting for "their" guy. The Democrats do it and the GOP does too. That's why it's ONLY folks like YOURSELF (ie on the "other" side) that consider him a Liberal. REAL Liberals don't consider him to be a Liberal at all - just as REAL Conservatives didn't consider GW Bush to be a Conservative.

Obama is not, and never was a "Liberal" - that's part of why I like him. He's a Left-leaning Centrist - same as me (and Bill Clinton).

NationalJournal.com - Liberals Unhappy With Obama's Business Outreach - Monday, February 7, 2011

Obama appeals to unhappy, impatient liberals: 'Keep up the fight' in November | cleveland.com

Liberals frustrated with President Obama; angry their issues took back seat to health care reform - New York Daily News

Obama's Battle With the Liberal Wing of the Democratic Party - US News and World Report

As you can see, TRUE Liberals are not thrilled with Obama. He's DEFINITELY preferred to the GOP alternatives, but he's not really "one of them".

Ken
obama himself said that when he was in college he sought out the marxist professors, the chicanos, and other radicals. obama didnt push for the entire progressive platform because he knew that the people would never go for it. i will give him credit for fooling many people about his real political ideals, but the outrage from the progressives is false outrage. they are claiming that obama is not one of them, but the reality is that they know he is, and they are giving obama cover.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Your joking right???
Actually this is pretty sad on your part and the Dems when they tried to push it...
Dems control everything for a few yrs and could have passed it anytime they wanted(why didn't they bring it up..guess they didn't care about the American workers)but waited till just before election time (LOL) and thought it would swing votes toward them....NOPE,guess it did'nt work.

Pure political pandering..

If this is your best shot...didn't work.
Which doesn't answer the question of "Why did the GOP block it?" - or why didn't THEY try to pass such a law when THEY controlled both houses of Congress for most of the Clinton/Bush Presidencies?

Ken

Old 05-23-2011, 03:17 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Quote:
Which doesn't answer the question of "Why did the GOP block it?" - or why didn't THEY try to pass such a law when THEY controlled both houses of Congress for most of the Clinton/Bush Presidencies?

Ken

Hmm maybe because the economy was actually O.K. back then...
Point is...Dems claim the high moral ground on "loving the American worker" and its all B.S. on the dems part...

Pal your not going to on up me so forget it

Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
obama himself said that when he was in college he sought out the marxist professors, the chicanos, and other radicals.
Sure - and GW Bush as a DRUNK when he was in college (by his OWN ADMISSION) - but you want to KNOW something? We didn't ELECT a college student - not one that was falling down drunk nor one that was a radical. I don't think ANY adult would want to be judged by the dumb stuff they did when they were KIDS.

Ken

Old 05-23-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Hmm maybe because the economy was actually O.K. back then...
Point is...Dems claim the high moral ground on "loving the American worker" and its all B.S. on the dems part...

Pal your not going to on up me so forget it
Really?
The economy was "actually OK" last September?
You're just avoiding answering the question of "Why did the GOP block the bill?" I mean, here you are COMPLAINING about jobs being shipped overseas and blaming the Democrats for that - and yet JUST LAST YEAR the GOP blocked a bill aimed at trying to STOP THAT. Where's your anger against the GOP?

THEY are the ones' who STOPPED the bill.
If THAT'S not a case of your "Do as I say, not as I do" - then I sure don't know what is?

Ken

Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Sure - and GW Bush as a DRUNK when he was in college (by his OWN ADMISSION) - but you want to KNOW something? We didn't ELECT a college student - not one that was falling down drunk nor one that was a radical. I don't think ANY adult would want to be judged by the dumb stuff they did when they were KIDS.

Ken
and obama was a drug user in college. so what? you are pushing a double standard here. the left excoriated bush for his alcohol and drug use in college, but virtually ignored obama doing the same thing. the difference is that bush was NOT a radical like obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies