Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
You apparently didn't read or cross any of my posts regarding the Palin email issue.

I didn't approve when news broke that they were to be released. I thought it might backfire and I thought since she's broken no law and isn't under investigation that the media and us have no business prying through her emails. If she were under investigation for something illegal, that's different. As it is, I think this is an invasion of privacy.

I don't even like Palin, but I do believev this has been a witch hunt, and I don't like it.

There! Keep calling us liberals names. It makes you look so smart, and grown up.
Unfortunately, one voice of reason in a crowd of lunacy gets drowned out. At least here on CD you are clearly in a very small minority on the left who doesn't froth at the mouth at any chance to smear Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Proves that hate mongering attracts hateful people.
Agreed, that paints an accurate picture of the far left wing of the Democratic party. Birds of a feather flock together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 11:01 AM

288 posts, read 350,150 times
For as happy as I am that the media and the left are standing around with egg all over their faces, this has also been rather sad. Sad to get a glimpse of the governing Sarah, doing her best for her state, as she promised to do, then stepping into the spotlight and being descended upon by a pack of rabid dogs. For NO GOOD REASON, PERIOD. Shame on the media and left for this.

Tb

Old 06-12-2011, 11:02 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
As long as Palin opens her mouth and feels she is in a position to be critical of others, people will be critical of her.... Its really quite simple.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
For as happy as I am that the media and the left are standing around with egg all over their faces, this has also been rather sad. Sad to get a glimpse of the governing Sarah, doing her best for her state, as she promised to do, then stepping into the spotlight and being descended upon by a pack of rabid dogs. For NO GOOD REASON, PERIOD. Shame on the media and left for this.

This is the same Sarah Palin that QUIT, right?

Would you surmise she was, "Doing the best for her state" then?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post

YES. Quitting also was a decision she made for the best interest of her state. Spin it however you care to.

Tb

Old 06-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
YES. Quitting also was a decision she made for the best interest of her state. Spin it however you care to.

Tb
So quitting being Governor was best for her state, but some truly believe that her being President would be best for our country...

I'd really like to watch someone attempt to reconcile this line of thinking...

Spin it however YOU care to.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:16 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
Quote:

She actually did someting the left wouldn't understand. She took the high road and quit so the states business could get done. This latest charade by the left just proves that they were hounding her so badly that she couldn't get her work done.

I won't be voting for Palin unless that is the only option I have to get the current administration out of office but the left has stooped to a new low here.

It is sickening to see the feeding frenzy that the left is so proud of. Now the world knows exactly what they are made of. And the Times has lost all credibilty. Too bad, at one time it was a great newspaper. I guess it's karma.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:24 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You have no proof that any of those death threats were sent by liberals. Virtually every politician of national rank gets death threats. Why, I'd bet some are even sent by Republicans!
Here is the first paragraph in the story - The release of 24,000 pages of Sarah Palin's emails shows that she received a barrage of abusive emails including death threats in the run up to the 2008 presidential race.

Sarah Palin emails: Enemies sent a series of death threats - Telegraph

So you genuinely believe a bunch of crackpot Republicans decided to start sending death threats after McCain picked her to run?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So quitting being Governor was best for her state, but some truly believe that her being President would be best for our country...

I'd really like to watch someone attempt to reconcile this line of thinking...

Spin it however YOU care to.

It's easy. If she put her state first. Stands to reason that she'd put the country ahead of herself too. Sounds like a great president to me.

Tb

Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You have no proof that even one of those death threats was sent by a "liberal".

It is incredibly naive to think that Sarah Palin is the only politician who ever received a death threat, in fact, they all do.
No one really can complain after all the horrible treatment Palin has had to put up with. It's all grade school stuff in comparison.

I understand in the movie about her coming out soon, the first 3 minutes will be a compilation of all the nasty stuff she has thrown at her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies