Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econ101 View Post
But other politicians aren't accused of encouraging violence like Palin was after the Tuscon shooting.

There is the difference.
The old "that's different".

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...democrats.html

House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) angrily lashed out at Democratic leaders for their handling of reported threats against members of Congress Thursday, accusing them of "dangerously fanning the flames" by blaming the GOP and confiding that he has also been the recipient of threats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 09:56 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
LOL. You wish. Have you been reading any of the Palin threads on C-D? She brings out the vile nature of the left in a manner that is unreal. I thought BDS was bad, Palin leaves you folks foaming like rabid animals. But keep it up, the public needs to see the ugly side of liberalism.
You apparently didn't read or cross any of my posts regarding the Palin email issue.

I didn't approve when news broke that they were to be released. I thought it might backfire and I thought since she's broken no law and isn't under investigation that the media and us have no business prying through her emails. If she were under investigation for something illegal, that's different. As it is, I think this is an invasion of privacy.

I don't even like Palin, but I do believev this has been a witch hunt, and I don't like it.

There! Keep calling us liberals names. It makes you look so smart, and grown up.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:58 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,247,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Oh Man!!!...The left wingnuts have finally got her!!!...WOW!!!

...Who the hell is she to act like a decent person?

This is your day - you finally got her!!!

Lets not be nice about this...let's list these despicable sins of hers!!!

The Bridge to Nowhere....The left-wingnuts rallying cry...She actually discussed the fact that she thought it was overpriced, and a lower alternative should be found...I guess the left-wing media forgot to ask her for her opinion all these years...they were too busy trying to blame her for it all...
I guess that makes them what everyone has always thought...Pure BullS### Media Outlets.

I think we've got to dig up that idiot that was her daughter's boyfriend...We need him now!...What happened to him anyway?...Is he the guy that finally married Chelsea Clinton?...

...Whoops!!!..We're not allowed to say her name...
If you do a tiny little bit of research, you will find that your statement is true. It is also true, however, that she had the road built to where the Bridge to Nowhere would have started that is currently only used by caribou and moose since it is easier walking than the woods. It is also true that instead of returning the monies appropriated for the Bridge to the Treasury, Sarah spent them on other projects as she saw fit. It had nothing to do wth the expense of the Bridge, but of what Sarah wanted. (MEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!!)

I think that since Clinton left office way over a decade ago it is probably OK to say "Chelsea" now. Where IS Deadbeat Dad Levi, BTW? Did he ever get a GED or a real job of any type, or is he still trying to emulate the Palins?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 AM

16 posts, read 8,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The old "that's different".

44 - Eric Cantor accuses Democrats of 'fanning flames' on member threats

House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) angrily lashed out at Democratic leaders for their handling of reported threats against members of Congress Thursday, accusing them of "dangerously fanning the flames" by blaming the GOP and confiding that he has also been the recipient of threats.
The thread is not about Eric Cantor.

And the media and liberals specifically blamed Sarah Palin for the Tuscon shooting. Even though there was no evidence of this.

Now we find out that liberals were threatening to kill Mrs. Palin. That is different.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No big score yet, the local paper said the only thing found is that she is protective of her family, gee sounds like a good thing to me.
I think they are finding a bit of a difference between the early mail and the later mail. One thing, early on she was espousing to her staff to be open and transparent. It seems some of them took her at her word, and Sarah learned to dislike that transparency. But that is pretty standard, Pols feel transparency is OK, up to the point of it actually happening.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
The thread is not about Eric Cantor.

And the media and liberals specifically blamed Sarah Palin for the Tuscon shooting. Even though there was no evidence of this.

Now we find out that liberals were threatening to kill Mrs. Palin. That is different.
I was giving an example of a Republican accusing Dems of encouraging violence, something you said only poor widda Sawah has been accused of. It's "damned if you do" (provide a link) and "damned if you don't" (provide same) with you guys!

How do you know any of these death threats were sent by "liberals"? Please elaborate and be specific.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:16 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Proves that hate mongering attracts hateful people.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I was giving an example of a Republican accusing Dems of encouraging violence, something you said only poor widda Sawah has been accused of. It's "damned if you do" (provide a link) and "damned if you don't" (provide same) with you guys!

How do you know any of these death threats were sent by "liberals"? Please elaborate and be specific.
Never said Palin was the only one accused of this. I said she was accused by the media and liberals for the Tuscon shooting with ZERO evidence.

They were sent by liberals because all Republicans think exaclty alike and they all are in love with Sarah Palin.

Everyone knows this. Don't you watch MSNBC?

Basically I think it's funny that the media is in such a rush to find dirt on Palin and it turns out there is nothing there.

Sort of like when all the newspapers ran to Florida to recount the votes after the 2000 election and everyone of them discovered George Bush won fair and square.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Never said Palin was the only one accused of this. I said she was accused by the media and liberals for the Tuscon shooting with ZERO evidence.
Oh, yes you did!

Quote:
But other politicians aren't accused of encouraging violence like Palin was after the Tuscon shooting.

There is the difference.
Quote:
They were sent by liberals because all Republicans think exaclty alike and they all are in love with Sarah Palin.
Then surely you can prove it!

Quote:
Everyone knows this. Don't you watch MSNBC?
No

Quote:
Basically I think it's funny that the media is in such a rush to find dirt on Palin and it turns out there is nothing there.

Sort of like when all the newspapers ran to Florida to recount the votes after the 2000 election and everyone of them discovered George Bush won fair and square.
Not the subject of the thread, but also not true! BTW, the newspapers weren't who recounted the votes, the government did.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Oh, yes you did!

No I didn't.

Then surely you can prove it!

I said just watch MSNBC.

No

Not my concern

Not the subject of the thread, but also not true! BTW, the newspapers weren't who recounted the votes, the government did.
I'm talking about after the election was over. The Miami Herald, Cleveland Plain Dealer, NY Times and USA Today all recounted the votes. Everyone one of them found that George Bush won the election fair and square. Everyone one of them.

But the same people screaming about Palin inciting violence are the same people that still say Bush stole the election. Since they lie about Bush why should we believe them about Palin???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies