Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Most people don't have a CLUE what feminism is! What really gets me is that so few of the MEN who are complaining about it have an inkling of just how much feminism has done for THEM! As far as I'm concerned, men have benefitted more from feminism than women have. sure, it's made some of them weaker, but then there have always been weak men. Women just have more power to protect themselves from those weak men. The complainers are simply ticked off because they can't oppress and abuse women freely, like they use to.
How does PEOPLE having equal rights make some other people "weak" ??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,137,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Femiminism would relieve me of the duty to protect them except I like to protect women. Some of the most liberated like to be protected.
And have their hair pulled when...well never mind.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM

218 posts, read 148,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Have you seen one of my threads talking about the Cosmo mags? Someone put a post that said that in NY, men are taught in magazines to be feminine little flowers while women are taught to be b*tchy.
So "Cosmo mags" are now the authority on masculinity?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel
Most people don't have a CLUE what feminism is! What really gets me is that so few of the MEN who are complaining about it have an inkling of just how much feminism has done for THEM! As far as I'm concerned, men have benefitted more from feminism than women have. sure, it's made some of them weaker, but then there have always been weak men. Women just have more power to protect themselves from those weak men. The complainers are simply ticked off because they can't oppress and abuse women freely, like they use to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The problem with this topic is, one group defines feminism as only equal rights for women (mostly women and a few men). The other group's definition of feminism in these threads are the negative tenets of radical feminism (mostly men).

Most of the 2nd group is complaining about the radical feminism problems, while the 1st group is accusing them of being against equal rights. Because of this, both of you are talking around each other instead of getting to the heart of the OP, which is the effects of radical feminism. Very few men here seem to be speaking against against equal rights for women, so there's no need to keep debating that aspect.

Until you guys reconcile the definition, you will keep butting heads.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,520,378 times
no.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
All of my wife's friends are very unhappy being single, complain constantly about not finding the right guy. Most are uber-feminists or overly assertive. Maybe when they're 40 and their hopes for a family dwindle into nothing, they can feel content knowing they compromised their happiness out of principle.

My wife even mentioned that when she gave up that stupid religion, she finally found happiness.

(In before the *******s say I'm brainwashing her)

Old 06-16-2011, 01:37 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,731,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Feminism didn't "make" them weak, what I was trying to say is that they were weak to begin with. The difference is, instead of beating and berating their wives because they got to stay home and do NOTHING all day, they sit back on their butts and let their wives do the homework AND hold down full-time jobs. Weak men used to abuse their wives & children, because they resented having to marry and support them and the kids. These days, they simply knock them up and then leave them behind, in pursuit of their "freedom" and a new "better" model.

Feminism didn't MAKE men weak...it just made it more obvious who the real "weak" ones were. Real men take responsibility for their actions, while weak men sit back and blame feminism for everything that's wrong with this world.

As for the sweet poster who thinks feminism immasculates men. No, it doesn't. Some men are just weak and as I said above...they simply use "feminism" as an excuse for their weakness and laziness.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:43 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,731,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
The problem with this topic is, one group defines feminism as only equal rights for women (mostly women and a few men). The other group's definition of feminism in these threads are the negative tenets of radical feminism (mostly men).

Most of the 2nd group is complaining about the radical feminism problems, while the 1st group is accusing them of being against equal rights. Because of this, both of you are talking around each other instead of getting to the heart of the OP, which is the effects of radical feminism. Very few men here seem to be speaking against against equal rights for women, so there's no need to keep debating that aspect.

Until you guys reconcile the definition, you will keep butting heads.

You are absolutely right. For the most part, we're talking about the same thing...LOL

Old 06-16-2011, 01:49 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Look, there are double standards in life. Women who give it up too often are looked down on, while that is not true for men. That's life. Women also get more drinks bought for them than men do. Do you see men complaining about that? Women also get their dates paid for, even though they make more money than men (childless single women under 30 indeed make more than men). Women get paid later in life because they lose seniority by their CHOICE to raise a family.

Double standards exist, deal with it.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:52 PM

218 posts, read 148,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
All of my wife's friends are very unhappy being single, complain constantly about not finding the right guy. Most are uber-feminists or overly assertive. Maybe when they're 40 and their hopes for a family dwindle into nothing, they can feel content knowing they compromised their happiness out of principle.

My wife even mentioned that when she gave up that stupid religion, she finally found happiness.

(In before the *******s say I'm brainwashing her)
and what does this anecdote prove ^^^^^?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies