Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,333,240 times

Advertisements

I think there is less segregation between guys and gals, especially witht those under 30. They have different relationships with each other on a friendship basis than would have been considered "proper" in days past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 12:38 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,747,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You fail to see the role of feminism in "all this" because you have no knowledge of the history of feminism .....it didn't all start the day you were born....

If it wasn't for "feminism" (sexual equality) your choices and options wouldn't have such a broad scope.

Would you like to go back to the day you couldn't vote?

You wouldn't be allowed to discuss business with men?

Have only three career choices, houseslave, teacher, prostitute?

Be told you're so incompetent you can ONLY get married and have babies, it's your ONLY role in life??

Be paid significantly less than men doing the same work because your employer thinks single women don't need as much as men???

The list is endless....don't knock feminism 'til you KNOW what it is!
Most people don't have a CLUE what feminism is! What really gets me is that so few of the MEN who are complaining about it have an inkling of just how much feminism has done for THEM! As far as I'm concerned, men have benefitted more from feminism than women have. sure, it's made some of them weaker, but then there have always been weak men. Women just have more power to protect themselves from those weak men. The complainers are simply ticked off because they can't oppress and abuse women freely, like they use to.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,911,079 times
Femiminism would relieve me of the duty to protect them except I like to protect women. Some of the most liberated like to be protected.

2,208 posts, read 1,840,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Are you telling me that feminism did not set the stage for women to be ashamed of being housewives? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
It didn't. That's not even a disagreement, that's just a blatantly wrong analysis of something that you admittedly stated you know little of.

6,734 posts, read 9,360,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Has feminism destroyed relationships and marriage for those under 30 in the U.S. I don't think all aspects of feminism are bad. However I do think that since the definition and ideology is so broad, that much of feminism actually ended up hurting us.
It has to do more with technology more than anything. At work or at home, people under 30 communicate through texting and email.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:51 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,655,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Has feminism destroyed relationships and marriage for those under 30 in the U.S. I don't think all aspects of feminism are bad. However I do think that since the definition and ideology is so broad, that much of feminism actually ended up hurting us.
I agree. I understand women having rights and all, but that does not mean that men should be imasculated (sorry if I spelled wrong) in the process.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:16 PM

218 posts, read 148,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I agree. I understand women having rights and all, but that does not mean that men should be imasculated (sorry if I spelled wrong) in the process.
How are men "imasculated" by feminism? Specifics please.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,194,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
If a man loses his "masculinity" because PEOPLE have equal rights , he had NO masculinity to start with.

AND that leads to the silly discussion of what IS masculine and what isn't.....and it's all in the brain of the individual.

Beating your wife is no longer legal....so if a man thinks it's "masculine" to beat his wife well, TOO BAD!

Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,655,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
How are men "imasculated" by feminism? Specifics please.
Have you seen one of my threads talking about the Cosmo mags? Someone put a post that said that in NY, men are taught in magazines to be feminine little flowers while women are taught to be b*tchy.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,299,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
Bastiat, Franklin, Voltaire, Hume and Mill give me all the reason I need to love the past and hate the postmodernist present.
That's fine. The only 6 reasons i have to go back to the past are Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, John Coltrane, Thelonius Monk, and Clifford Brown.

Outside of that, there are no God's for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies