Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 06:12 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Score one for freedom.
"It does not take a majority to prevail.... but rather an irate, tireless minority,keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men"

Samuel Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The sale of cigaretts should have been banned years ago.
You are exactly right sir!!!! That way, it creates an illegal black market for them, jails can be even more overcrowded than they already are, and teens can kill one another in the streets just to get a hold of one.... Smart plan

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Whatever someone else does that has the liklihood of imparing my health and causing me harm. That's where I draw the line.
I uess you are keen on banning anyone from getting behind the wheel of a car then aren't you? Both because they may hit you in the street, or because the toxic fumes may affect your ealth.

Quote:
I should be able to shoot such persons if they come within range of me. No different than I should be able to shoot a home intruder/rapist/burglar.
There are a lot of people who walk among us in society that I believe we should be able to shoot, sadly, it's prohibited

Out of curiosity, where do all these smokers approach you? Could it be in a PRIVATE owned business like a bar or diner that permits it's atrons to smoke? Hmmmm......

Quote:

cause the nation billions of dollars a year in unnecessary health care costs, and cause the unnecessary illness to millions of unsuspecting persons ... should be sent to re-hab so that you're cured.

Yep. That's what I think.
Idiotic drivel..... lol. Yep thats what I think.

This person has no idea what they are talking about. Smokers cost the nation NOTHING in healthcare costs. Thats just more lies spread by special interest groups both to make it easier to pass bans, and encourage people to quit smoking so that they rrush out and by the medication to aid them to do so. Ever hear of the Master Settlement Agreement? Of course you haven't. That would mean you were actually educated on the subject, and it's obvious you are ignorant of the facts. Smokers more than pay for whatever costs their smoking habit may cost the government later in thier lives. Every time they purchase a pack of cigarettes, the government makes millions upon millions of the outrageous tax foisted upon the individual smoker.

General rule of thumb is, you should atleast eduacte and familiarize yourself with the basics of whatever you are talking about before engaging in conversation. You can start by looking up the Master settlement Agreement. Otherwise, you just end up looking like a fool, much like the way this ended for you here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies