Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:58 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
And you left out the number of crimes they commit. Do you not see the hole in your logic?
No, I don't.

I wasn't trying to make a statement about the number of total crimes committed by blacks or the percentage of crimes committed by blacks that are characterized as hate crimes.

I was refuting the claim that black people aren't charged with hate crimes in this country.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
That was a stupid statement, send David Duke, Hal Turner, and James Edwards an email and tell them you fired them!!!...
Yeah, you see those guys on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC all the time.

They are often quoted in the New York Times, Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times, too.

And they are also guest columnists for the Huffington Post as well.

They are totally all over the mainstream mass media.

Great comeback!

Any more political celebrities on the forefront of American discourse you wish to add? lol.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:01 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Same thing I posted in another thread applies to this one, as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
In Illinois? The perpetrators call it "polar bear hunting" here. Chicago's attacks have been in the news, as well. They are absolutely racially motivated hate crimes.
The New Urban Sport…’Polar Bear Hunting’ » UrbanGrounds

Old 06-26-2011, 05:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yeah, you see those guys on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC all the time.

They are often quoted in the New York Times, Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times, too.

And they are also guest columnists for the Huffington Post as well.

They are totally all over the mainstream mass media.

Great comeback!

Any more political celebrities on the forefront of American discourse you wish to add? lol.
Who cares what format they use???..

You claimed there are no white people that present themselves as spokespeople for white people!!

I just named you three of them, sorry but the stutter and deflect dosen't work!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:06 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No, I don't.

I wasn't trying to make a statement about the number of total crimes committed by blacks or the percentage of crimes committed by blacks that are characterized as hate crimes.

I was refuting the claim that black people aren't charged with hate crimes in this country.
Nobody said they were never charged though. They said they weren't charged an equal amount relative to the number of hate crimes that they commit. You haven't proven otherwise.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Who cares what format they use???..

You claimed there are no white people that present themselves as spokespeople for white people!!

I just named you three of them, sorry but the stutter and deflect dosen't work!!!
By your logic I could be one of the spokesman for white people.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
By your logic I could be one of the spokesman for white people.
Yes you could, and your point is???

Old 06-26-2011, 05:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Nobody said they were never charged though. They said they weren't charged an equal amount relative to the number of hate crimes that they commit. You haven't proven otherwise.
What are you basing your numbers on regarding the number of "hate crimes" that are committed? Where are you stats? A White person who kills a Black person and vice versa is not automatically commiting a hate crime.

You have not proven your point.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Yes you could, and your point is???
I'm obviously not, because I have very little reach to the public. You're declaring white people that pretty much no one pays attention to to be the spokesmen for white people. You might as well declare all white people as such.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What are you basing your numbers on regarding the number of "hate crimes" that are committed? Where are you stats? A White person who kills a Black person and vice versa is not automatically commiting a hate crime.

You have not proven your point.
If you would actually read my previous posts you would see that I'm not trying to prove anything. What I'm saying is that those stats posted earlier do not prove anything either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies