Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:32 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
So you want to change the official, accepted definition in order to try to say that Al and Jessie are the official voice of black people.

Again, why are these the only names some white people want to throw out as mouth pieces for the entire black culture??

Why are they even mentioned in the context of this post.

I made the statement earlier and say it again, it was only a matter of time before some white person got on the board and insinuated that black people in general would lend support, excuses, or otherwise try to mitigate and/or protect these criminals simply because they were black.

We don't need Jessie to tell us some hoodlums need to be put in jail, why do you??
My only point was that guys like that will try to protect criminals. There are no comparably reputable white spokespeople who would take the same position. Name one please. And David Duke is not comparably reputable. Not even close.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Everyone is reputable to a certain extent. I'm "reputable" to a certain extent. But to imply that David Duke is as reputable as Al Sharpton is insane and intellectually dishonest.
Take that view over to Stormfront and get back with me on the number of posters who support your viewpoint..

Old 06-26-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Because David Duke plainly and loudly says he speaks for ALL white people.

As if you didn't know that...
Do I give a **** what he says? He doesn't. You're grasping at straws.

Go find me a white leader comparably reputable to Al Sharpton who sticks up for white criminals on the basis of race. I'll be waiting.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Take that view over to Stormfront and get back with me on the number of posters who support your viewpoint..
Are you arguing with me? Is David Duke as nationally reputable as Al Sharpton? Yes or no?

Old 06-26-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Do I give a **** what he says? He doesn't. You're grasping at straws.

Go find me a white leader comparably reputable to Al Sharpton who sticks up for white criminals on the basis of race. I'll be waiting.
What you think about him is irrelevant, that doesn't make him less of a spokesman than Al or Jessie!!

Everyone doesn't agree with the President but if he signs a bill into law, your disagreement is nothing but dust in the wind, untill that law is changed.

Sorry but you seem to be drowning in a sea of logic and facts.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Are you arguing with me? Is David Duke as nationally reputable as Al Sharpton? Yes or no?
Again, I plainly gave you the definition of a spokesperson, "nationally reputable" turned up exactly where in that definition???

Old 06-26-2011, 05:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson about as much of "representatives" of Black Americans as David Duke and Rush Limbaugh are "representatives" of White Americans.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
What you think about him is irrelevant, that doesn't make him less of a spokesman than Al or Jessie!!

Everyone doesn't agree with the President but if he signs a bill into law, your disagreement is nothing but dust in the wind, untill that law is changed.

Sorry but you seem to be drowning in a sea of logic and facts.
It makes him a less reputable spokesman. To the same extent that the new black panthers are less reputable spokespeople. So they are less relevant. Common sense dude.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:41 PM

Why don't we just get back on topic, Sam.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Who cares what format they use???..

You claimed there are no white people that present themselves as spokespeople for white people!!

I just named you three of them, sorry but the stutter and deflect dosen't work!!!
I never wrote "there are no white people that present themselves as spokespeople for white people". You are misquoting because your argument has been deflated.

I wrote: "White people don't have self-appointed racial spokespeople."

Or in other words, "White mainstream America hasn't gathered around and thrown support to one or two people who claim to speak for White America." But you knew that.

You tried but failed. I can't say I blame you, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies