Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 09:10 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
So Kenny Rogers, a local resident also interviewed in this article, actually corroborated most of the original account. He confirmed a mob, stopping traffic, running into yards/porches, letting people know it was their hood. They only thing he didn't hear was the mob yelling kill all the white people. You have a quote from a council woman, who apparently was not there at the time, otherwise it would have said she was. She simply tries to discredit the original source. The police try to downplay this incident as well, but yet have an anti-riot van parked on the very street the next day.

A couple of things are clear. Some incident with a mob of young black males acting in a threatening manner occured in Peoria. Some people are more interested in burying the story than finding out what really happened.
Some (bigoted) people think that 3 Black men who are simply buying paper towels and fruit roll-ups at Target is a "threatening" Black mob so the source is an important factor.

What I find quite interesting is that some people are refusing to accept the truth about this incident either not occurring or being greatly exaggerated. Why are these people so desperate to have a mob of Black people chanting "Kill the White people"? People make false racial allegations and when they are exposed as such we should breathe a sigh of relief and move on. This case is just like the Duke lacrosse case but its interesting that some White people desperately want the mob incident to be true.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Some (bigoted) people think that 3 Black men who are simply buying paper towels and fruit roll-ups at Target is a "threatening" Black mob so the source is an important factor.

What I find quite interesting is that some people are refusing to accept the truth about this incident either not occurring or being greatly exaggerated. Why are these people so desperate to have a mob of Black people chanting "Kill the White people"? People make false racial allegations and when they are exposed as such we should breathe a sigh of relief and move on. This case is just like the Duke lacrosse case but its interesting that some White people desperately want the mob incident to be true.
It embarrasses you so much that you wish it wasn't true. Why do you deny truth in every thread that involves bad behavior from your race but have a quick finger on the trigger when you talk about whites being racist? Me thinks you have an agenda to push.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It embarrasses you so much that you wish it wasn't true. Why do you deny truth in every thread that involves bad behavior from your race but have a quick finger on the trigger when you talk about whites being racist? Me thinks you have an agenda to push.
Why would it be an embarrassment to me personally? Are you personally embarrssed by the actions of ALL White people?

Why are you so desperate to have this story be true? Are you that desperate to have a "race war" type scenario?

If I have an agenda, it woulod be that I wish people would not make false allegations, racial or otherwise. What's your agenda?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:24 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,557 times
This is only going to continue to get worse under the racist Obama Justice Department and the Racebaiter-in-chief. They will not address issues that threaten whites - it will be just like the Black Panther case.

We have a so called "President" and administration that refuses to protect the borders from illegals, uses a preferential form of justice and won't uphold any laws they don't like. Federal judges are chipping away at our freedoms at a frightening pace.

The Obama administration can't come to an end quickly enough.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times
Quote:
Since you were there, what was the mob saying? You were there, right? Because if you weren't there, how do you choose to believe certain people over others? Is it because some are government hacks, so they are to believed more so than some commoner?

Only a very, very small group of people have been interviewed and given statements to the media. One is claiming racist statements were made. One or two others are claiming there were no such statements. Then we have agents of the state, an elected "leader" and the armed enforcers, claiming "nothing to see here, move along."

How anyone can make a judgement on what did or didn't happen without being an eye and ear witness to the entire thing, from start to finish, is beyond me.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:28 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Why would it be an embarrassment to me personally? Are you personally embarrssed by the actions of ALL White people?

Why are you so desperate to have this story be true? Are you that desperate to have a "race war" type scenario?

If I have an agenda, it woulod be that I wish people would not make false allegations, racial or otherwise. What's your agenda?
Why do automatically go to "false allegations" with these stories? Were you there? Were you involved? If you ask me, the evidence shows that someone who automatically goes to "false allegations" when "their" race is involved, but have a quick trigger finger to rant on and on about racism from the "other" side, are the desperate ones looking for a race war.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
This is the tell: "...police recommended residents stay inside and keep their doors locked."

How often does a police department recommend that action? Recommend residents be captives in their own homes?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
What I find quite interesting is that some people are refusing to accept the truth about this incident either not occurring or being greatly exaggerated.
Here's the problem. Although we don't perhaps know the truth about what happened, the only evidence we have is that something happened that involved a fairly large group of young black males. Police were called.

We have zero evidence that nothing at all happened.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Since you were there, what was the mob saying? You were there, right? Because if you weren't there, how do you choose to believe certain people over others? Is it because some are government hacks, so they are to believed more so than some commoner?

Only a very, very small group of people have been interviewed and given statements to the media. One is claiming racist statements were made. One or two others are claiming there were no such statements. Then we have agents of the state, an elected "leader" and the armed enforcers, claiming "nothing to see here, move along."

How anyone can make a judgement on what did or didn't happen without being an eye and ear witness to the entire thing, from start to finish, is beyond me.
This "incident" looks/sounds/smells like a hoax.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Here's the problem. Although we don't perhaps know the truth about what happened, the only evidence we have is that something happened that involved a fairly large group of young black males. Police were called.

We have zero evidence that nothing at all happened.
So a group of young Black men walk down a street and it automatically has to be a mob?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies