Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 05:21 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Isn't the first impulse of the parent to call 911 if they do not know CPR techniques?
I know this isn't the point, but any chance we have to teach/learn should be taken advantage of.

Even if you know CPR the first thing that you should do is call 911. Otherwise you could end up doing CPR until you are exhausted, then you are right back where you started only you've wasted 10 minutes.

CPR Instructions - CPR Guidelines - How to Perform CPR

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread discussing something not nearly as important as knowing what to do should you ever find yourself in position to save a life
[/off-topic]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 05:22 PM

288 posts, read 167,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have not been arguing that the jury did not follow the letter of the law, I'm infuriated, as others are, that the justice system allowed a loophole in the case which allowed her to escape responisbiltiy. Whether it be the overreach of the prosecution in seeking the death penalty or the way that the evidence was presented, the end result is a miscarriage of justice which will allow her to walk away with a relative smack on the wrist in comparison to what she deserves. It sets an ugly precedent and I hope future prosecuters learn from this.
There was no "loophole"..........none. The State did NOT HAVE EVIDENCE beyond a reasonable doubt that she murdered her child. That's the bottom line. I agree with the verdict. I listened to the testimony on TV. I agreed that the state did not prove their case. That's the way teh system works in all trials. It's interesting that you never heard this kind of ourcry when the system wrongfully convicts someone. This was not a miscarriage of justice at all. I totally disagree with you on that. You're listening to emotional arguments by people who are thinking only with there emotions. Not, this verdict does not in any way set an "ugly precedent." However, I join you in your hope that prosecutors are more careful about charging the death penalty for POLITICAL REASONS. State Attorneys are ELECTED. This case was made so high profile that IMO the State Attorney's Office felt they had to charge death penalty crimes! Amazingly, that sort of thing happens in lots of death penalty cases, they are overcharged, because the elected official gets mileage out of those cases at election time.

Please tell me how YOU know that this woman was guilty of any of the charges against her.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:29 PM

288 posts, read 167,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I really hope there isnt anyone that actually believes in some drowning story.

They would expect us to believe that her daughter drowns. So instead of instinct kicking in and calling 911, you "panic" or are "intimidated" by your father as the defense said and decide that you cant tell anyone. Youll just say she was kidnapped. So you end up burying her with duct tape on her nose and mouth.

When did we first hear of this "drowning story" anyways? Trial?

So people are looking for your daughter for weeks. The police start to question you as they find out youre lying over and over again. And not once, from the time of questioning to being charged do you think its a good time to "tell the truth", what you say is "truth" anyways, and explain that she drowned and you freaked out???!!! It never dawns on you when the body is found and youre charged with capital murder to tell people what your defense ended up saying happened? Not at anytime before trial??!!

Sorry, that is a load of bull and anyone who doesnt see that is insane. Im not saying the prosecution didnt prove their case with enough evidence but there cant be anyone sane that believes in a drowning story.

There are only two ways Caylee died (one way if you have common sense). She either drowned or her mother killed her. EVERYTHING points to her being killed. If she indeed drowned, that story wouldve came out a long, long time ago. Before trial. Before the body was found. I am sick of hearing people talk about this now saying "I sure hope we find out what really happened" We already know what happened and she is never going to confess.
You're simply wrong.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Justice was served. Someone was charged with her murder, there was a six-week trial by a jury, the jury deliberated and came to a verdict, and THAT IS JUSTICE. They found her not guilty of the CRIMES CHARGED.

Just because I stated the facts does not mean that I would advocate NOT pursuing people for murder. Nothing could be further from the truth. See, you guys are thinking from a completely emotional standpoint. You're saying there was no justice, yet justice was served within our system of justice.

Your post alone proves that justice, within the only system we have, was served....you said "it might have been at the hands of her mother"........"it might have been"

I think the public should say, "I am outraged"........not pull on heartstrings by claiming that the little girl did not get justice. I've never understood why people want "justice" for the dead person. Clearly that person has moved on and whatever is on the other side, I certainly hope it has nothing to do with wanting revenge back in this world!!! My sister was killed, and someone was charged with vehicular homicide. Thank God the jury found him not guilty! Accidents happen. People die every day.

It is moral justice that people feel was not served...don't you get that?

If you read my previous posts, I never said that they should have found her guilty of first degree with the death penalty. But the shame of it all is the way it was prosecuted. She might have been found "not guilty" but she sure as hell is not innocent as her actions from the onset clearly displayed. No matter how you slice it, Casey Anthony did not do what was morally or legally expected of her as a mother. Who covers up their child's drowning accident? OMG...even elephants do right by their dead relatives. Hey, as long as it's just an accidental death...no need to report it, just throw the remains in the nearest dumpster.

If your sister's death was caused by someone doing something irresponsible while operating a vehicle, then they were guilty as sin. If you do not see it that way, that is your perogative.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:33 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,015 times
Quote:
Your last paragraph is far too simplistic an analysis of the case.
Maybe you missed the sarcasm.

And meanwhile CD'ers are spitting mad over a Toronto mayor who chose not to attend a Gay Pride parade.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
There was no "loophole"..........none. The State did NOT HAVE EVIDENCE beyond a reasonable doubt that she murdered her child. That's the bottom line. I agree with the verdict. I listened to the testimony on TV. I agreed that the state did not prove their case. That's the way teh system works in all trials. It's interesting that you never heard this kind of ourcry when the system wrongfully convicts someone. This was not a miscarriage of justice at all. I totally disagree with you on that. You're listening to emotional arguments by people who are thinking only with there emotions. Not, this verdict does not in any way set an "ugly precedent." However, I join you in your hope that prosecutors are more careful about charging the death penalty for POLITICAL REASONS. State Attorneys are ELECTED. This case was made so high profile that IMO the State Attorney's Office felt they had to charge death penalty crimes! Amazingly, that sort of thing happens in lots of death penalty cases, they are overcharged, because the elected official gets mileage out of those cases at election time.

Please tell me how YOU know that this woman was guilty of any of the charges against her.
If you can explain how covering up the death of one's child while one partys hardy and gives authorities misinformation reeks of innocence, I'll concede.

BTW..the unintended loophole was the very charge itself...the overreach was the escape hatch for Casey Anthony.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 PM

After thinking about it and giving this woman full benefit of the doubt...don't her actions merit an intensive psychiatric evalution in a comprehensive mental health facility before her and her reproductive organs are released back into society?

Old 07-08-2011, 06:36 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,898,387 times
I see the future...I see...an adult movie starring Casey and Octomom...

Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I see the future...I see...an adult movie starring Casey and Octomom...
I just vomited in my mouth.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:23 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,712 times
Default The way it should have been...

YouTube - ‪Casey's guilty Verdict, a redux.wmv‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies