Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The tea party wants their country back, and the hotel wants the money they lost on the rooms back.
Darned right! Then, once the Tea Party has its country back, it can rent hotel rooms from itself and not pay itself. Problem solved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Again. You can "imagine"? You're assuming, you're guessing, you're making a statement based on your own experiences that have nothing to do with the experiences of the parties in question...etc.? What was this about needing solid facts again?

Pgh, I'm glad you haven't changed. Popcorn?
oooh I get it.. only YOU are allowed to imagine

Remind me again, what the contract said about their cancellation policy? Ooh thats right, you DONT KNOW.. you are just IMAGENING what it says..

Tell me JerZ.. do you think you can call a hotel up and reserve 1600 hotel rooms, without a deposit? Why dont you record that phone conversation so we can laugh at your attempt.. haha

Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Darned right! Then, once the Tea Party has its country back, it can rent hotel rooms from itself and not pay itself. Problem solved!
My mama would tell me that there is no thing as a free lunch.

The tea party nation disagrees.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
I think it's funny.

They reserve more then 1,500 rooms so no one else can stay or book at that time and then skip out in violation of the reservation policy and committed contract to a private entity they signed in a written agreement, and think it's okay to give the hotel the finger and walk off like it never happened.

Irony incarnate.

You want to have the country based on private agreements, then violate it when it suits you? Tough crap partner.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I think it's funny.

They reserve more then 1,500 rooms so no one else can stay or book at that time and then skip out in violation of the reservation policy and committed contract to a private entity they signed in a written agreement, and think it's okay to give the hotel the finger and walk off like it never happened.

Irony incarnate.

You want to have the country based on private agreements, then violate it when it suits you? Tough crap partner.
Actually the hotel has 3 times the number of rooms available. To say that no one else can stay when there is 4.500 available rooms is just silly.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,433 times
Bahahaha, what a pathetic bunch of idiot hypocrites. Why am I not surprised at all.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually the hotel has 3 times the number of rooms available. To say that no one else can stay when there is 4.500 available rooms is just silly.
To not honor your debts and call yourself the party of fiscal responsibility is just as silly.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A contract is a contract, pgh. If you owe me $20 and don't pay it back, "But you already have $9,000 in the bank" is neither here, there nor anywhere.

You sign a contract, you honor it.

Well. Unless you're a Tea Partier.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
To not honor your debts and call yourself the party of fiscal responsibility is just as silly.
THIS. This this this this this. (ding ding ding) Some people are just not getting that the reason this is news is because of the irony.

If I eat a hamburger, it's not exactly news. If I campaign to become the CEO of PETA and then eat a hamburger, that's when fingers point, and of course it's worthy of note to the public, and yes, of course in that case it's worse for me to eat a hamburger, than for the next person to eat a hamburger.

Okay, folks. I've run up my Metaphor Allotment for the night, so you'll all just have to figure the rest out on your own.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
So what is the cancellation policy in the contract because a debt isnt a debt unless its violated. WHAT IS IT SAVOIR?
Quote:
A contract is a contract, pgh. If you owe me $20 and don't pay it back, "But you already have $9,000 in the bank" is neither here, there nor anywhere.

You sign a contract, you honor it.

Well. Unless you're a Tea Partier.
Thats right a contract is a contract jerZ.. want to again share with us what the contract says?

If you decide to rent an apartment and then dont move in, the landlord has an obligation to rerent out that apartment and therefore mitigate the damages. He doesnt get to keep the apartment vacant for a year and then charge you rent. Why dont you take up some type of legal education, even if its at the elementary level?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies