Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I was not addressing you.
Thanks for providing the link I requested.
Maybe you should read post #39 above to see who you addressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 09:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed!

"Become a dictator"?

That's hilarious!

What's he been for the past two years?

Thomas Jefferson had nightmares about a future president like Obama.
Thanks for twisting my words.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you should read post #39 above to see who you addressed.
The post you quoted by me was addressed to Calvinist.
I asked you for a link, which you so thoughtfully provided.
Would you like a recap on anything else, perhaps you would like to hear about Phelps swimming records being broken?

Old 07-29-2011, 09:08 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He doesn't need to do it since the Congress is finally started and it can get done sooner that way than the way you and so many progressive scholars believe could be done. I have read that section and read it and just can't see anything other than to cover the situation after the Civil War. Of course, you can see the arguments against him doing it in that link so thanks for asking for it.
Yes, I saw the arguments against it, as well as the arguments from legal professors from Harvard and UoC claiming he could do it. Once again, no one knows because it's never been an issue.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:13 PM

812 posts, read 595,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Bachmann warns of 'dictator' Obama

(CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said President Obama would be a "dictator" if he raised the debt ceiling by executive order, using the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution as justification.

Who ever said that the tea party is not full of fringe lunatics needs to get their head examined.

Bachmann warns of ‘dictator’ Obama – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Whoever voted for Obama needs his head examined and if it is not apparent now then that person must be in the public trough in some manner.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:14 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thanks for twisting my words.

Blah, blah, blah,...

Kucinich Sues Obama For Violating War Powers Act In Libya

White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors' - FoxNews.com

Federal Judge Vinzon: Obamacare is Void

Old 07-29-2011, 09:15 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,314,540 times
I've seen people try to compare Obama to Hitler and even Mao Zedong. Most of the dictators have similar personality traits which Obama doesn't have. Obama is just a empty suit.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:53 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You got any quotes or actions from Obama that supports your beliefs above? Or have you been indoctrinated by Rush Limbaugh?
He would love to change the system so that he could assume full control, while others have urged him to do so.

Quote:

“Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own,” the president said while discussing laws against illegal immigration. He paused.
After a slow applause, the La Raza audience began a full-throated cheer.
“And believe me, right now dealing with Congress,” Obama started to say before being interrupted by chants.
“Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can!” the audience shouted, urging Obama to become, in essence, a dictator.
“Believe me,” Obama joked. “Believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. I promise you. Not just on immigration reform. But that’s not how—that’s not how our system works.”
“Change it!” a woman begged of Obama.
La Raza members aren’t the only people that urged Obama to toss aside the Constitution and assume full control of the government. Woody Allen said it would be good if Obama “could be a dictator for a few years, because he could do a lot of good things quickly.”
MSNBC’s Chris Matthews suggested that Obama should “go in there and nationalize” the oil industry after the Gulf Oil spill, a sentiment shared by his colleague Ed Shultz, who said Obama should act like a dictator and “put the boot on the neck of BP.” Similarly, Bill Maher said Americans are stupid and Obama should ram Obamacare down their throats.
Obama can easily dismiss his comments as fantasy and jokes, but it is absolutely clear that some members of the La Raza, as well as some important people in the far left, really do want a dictatorship in this country.
La Raza Members Beg Obama to Become Dictator | Red County (http://www.redcounty.com/content/la-raza-members-beg-obama-become-dictator - broken link)

Plus all the czar appointments that issue thousands of regulations while skirting Congress and only answering to Obama. Government ownership of private business (GM) and telling Boeing where they can and cannot run their business. He hasn't submitted a budget in 3 years, which is required every year under the Constitution.
He is constantly overreaching his authority. He controls the media, cept for Fox, but they also must fear his power. He wants control over our lives, what we eat. and how we communicate on the internet.
He is a global elitist that looks to the UN, NATO, and Soros for his marching orders.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He would love to change the system so that he could assume full control, while others have urged him to do so.

He is constantly overreaching his authority. He controls the media, cept for Fox, but they also must fear his power. He wants control over our lives, what we eat. and how we communicate on the internet.
He is a global elitist that looks to the UN, NATO, and Soros for his marching orders.
Dude. The paranoia.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Whoever voted for Obama needs his head examined and if it is not apparent now then that person must be in the public trough in some manner.
as opposed to whom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies