Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that carbon dioxide and other gases are leading to global warming?
Yes 24 25.81%
No 59 63.44%
Not sure 10 10.75%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Who said that? Who is "them"?
I'm assuming bucktoothed hillbilly Appalachia conservatives aka "teabaggers" is who he was talking about (even though Appalachia conservatives vote Democrat in large numbers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 05:03 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Sorry, I am not going to go for an article with a title like that. No scientist would call global warming concerns alarmist. It is a partisan screed.
Alarmism is not needed. The effects of greenhouse gases on climate are facts. The subtext of this article is that if anything is different from what is in models, the general facts no longer apply. That is just not true.

Hmmm.... looks like you cannot refute the facts in the NASA article, so you attack the "headline" ?????

Yes, I see. With a headline like that, it can't possibly be correct. Now that's creative lemming logic.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Or they just hide the data or lose the data or cherry pick the data.....

Check out this story;

AGW Hoax: The Yamal implosion « Tarpon's Swamp
Here's a write up on Briffa's response to McIntyre's work on the Yamal Study.

Briffa teaches, but will McIntyre ever learn? | Deep Climate

A snippet from near the end of the article.

Quote:

It’s a sad commentary that, as Briffa ruefully noted, he was compelled to answer McIntyre by releasing his analysis directly to the public, bypassing the normal channels of peer-reviewed science.
Make no mistake: this is not about “doing science differently” in the internet age. There is precious little science in McIntyre’s analysis. But his barely veiled insinuations of scientific fraud have been exaggerated and trumpeted by a chorus of scientifically illiterate commentators spouting ideologically driven nonsense. Briffa’s list of such commentary, which includes The Telegraph and The Register in the U.K., barely scratches the surface. In Canada’s National Post alone, Ross McKitrick claimed that “Whatever is going on here, it is not science” and Lorne Gunter asserted that Briffa “kept reducing the number of trees from … his sample of scores of trees”.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
For all the liberals in this topic this is required reading:

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News

Sorry gang. That's strike two in one week
Sorry, gang, it's Forbes magazine, and I tend to not take seriously "news" articles that refer to climatologists as "alarmists".

Old 07-31-2011, 08:01 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Here's a write up on Briffa's response to McIntyre's work on the Yamal Study.

Briffa teaches, but will McIntyre ever learn? | Deep Climate

A snippet from near the end of the article.
Briffa on Yamal Impact « Climate Audit

Response to Briffa #2 « Climate Audit

Next?

Old 07-31-2011, 08:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Sorry, gang, it's Forbes magazine, and I tend to not take seriously "news" articles that refer to climatologists as "alarmists".
I'll take that as a I admit you are right kind of response

Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
See, here's the way I got it figured...

Scientists can up with this evolution bullcrap. You know, how we all evolved from lower animals. But someone was about to come up with a solution as to why evolution is impossible. So to throw us off the track, those same scientists came up with this "global warming" gimmick. We're not going to worry about the flaws in the theory of evolution if we're worried about global warming, right? Just when enough of us figure that there's no such thing as global warming, those same scientists will come up with something else to occupy us. But we're showing those scientists that we're not a bunch of suckers. We don't believe in evolution or global warming.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Further proof American's are the dumbest people in the industrialized world.
Why do you say that when I heard today that our ozone is releasing more heat all the time. I have to wonder about people lie you and your leader, Algore.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Here's your sign.
What happened? Did you run out of snappy answers?

Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
For all the liberals in this topic this is required reading:

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News

Sorry gang. That's strike two in one week
I don't think NASA will get any grant money from the UN where all this crap originated in the first place. Telling the truth will turn them on you fast and just thin, NASA used to go along with those people although they got all their money from our government. I could name school after school who failed to get any grant money from the UN because they refused to go along the whole time.

The saddest thing of all is the Algore gets to keep all his ill gotten gains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies