Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 12:09 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So, you greet men under 40 by saying, "boy"? I find that incredibly disrespectful.
He is going to get introduced to women wearing white if he keeps that up, that is a soon as he wakes up. But hey, as Gump said; stupid is as stupid does.
Casper

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Maybe Obama should say "Yessa" and "Yes'um" whenever the GOP demands something of him. He should also be sure to hunch his back and not look them in the eye. Otherwise they might say "don't you be sassin' me boy!" Hope that makes sense
No, that was you being racist. Still doesn't make sense in the context that Lamborn was using the term tar baby. Thanks for playing.

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Acting stupid is one of their tactics, either that or they really are that dumb, hmmmmm, you pick, the first means they approve of making racist comments (guess why) or the second means they really are not all that sharp, 1st, 2nd or Both.
Casper
You all are so ridiculous.

Yes, this is all a huge conspiracy. He said tar baby, gave an explanation of what he meant by it, and now we're all denying that it was meant to be racist just so he could say "tar baby" on TV. And it was so worth it just to hear him say that.

Our mission would have been accomplished, but geniuses like yourself have uncovered our secret nationwide plot to say a racist term on TV. Maybe next time...

Old 08-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You don't seem to understand a lot in this thread.
Probably b/c I don't see racism everywhere I look.

Again, your little phrase there made no sense. Who wrestles with crackers?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He is going to get introduced to women wearing white if he keeps that up, that is a soon as he wakes up. But hey, as Gump said; stupid is as stupid does.
Casper
I don't even believe he does this; some people here are being contrary just for contrary's sake.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Yet, these would be the same people who wouldn't understand why calling a black man "boy" is insulting.
I think any grown man would be insulted to be called a boy. There's nothing racist about it. Stop turning everything into racism, it's really going overboard at this point and makes you and your cohorts look really bad.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:13 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
The amount of ring wing spin in this thread is pathetic...

Do you really expect anyone living modern day American to believe you don't know what the term "tar baby" means?

Seriously....

The amount of left wing spin is what is really pathetic. Buying into and using a term hijacked from a cbildrens book by people like the Klan. The left is the racist bunch here. Seriously .....

Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Probably b/c I don't see racism everywhere I look.

Again, your little phrase there made no sense. Who wrestles with crackers?
I didn't ask you to give an essay on why this wouldn't be possible. I just asked what your gut reaction would be if Obama said this on TV. Would you laugh at the silliness? Or would you be outraged and call it racist?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
No, that was you being racist. Still doesn't make sense in the context that Lamborn was using the term tar baby. Thanks for playing.

If you saw a white man hang a black man from the tree and say "I'm killing him because he's black," you'd say the man wasn't racist and that his statement was taken out if context.

You may think that deflecting, denying and trying to flip the truth is quite clever, but this only works in certain circles. The ones where the kids are all trying to fit the square peg in the round holes.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I think any grown man would be insulted to be called a boy. There's nothing racist about it. Stop turning everything into racism, it's really going overboard at this point and makes you and your cohorts look really bad.
So, you don't believe that a white man calling a black man "boy" can be racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies