Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 AM

306 posts, read 355,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
WNBA Sheryl Swoopes Engaged To A Man

Some People try to argue me down that people are "born" gay. That it's not a choice. I guess they are wrong.
Thank you sweetie for clearing that up for everybody in the world.

We are so lucky to have such a brilliant poster informing us here on City-Data that homosexuality is wrong and that it's all settled and done!

No need to debate and discuss and exchange personal stories!

You've found a link to an item on some website where someone you don't know with questionable credentials says what you already believed so it must be true! It was on the intertubes!

It must be true!

It's so much easier to believe whatever you're told to believe than to actually try and reason it out for yourself!

Thank you for clearing this up for the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 06:37 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
How about equal rights for necrophiliacs too?
As long as the corpses aren't complaining...

Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
How about equal rights for necrophiliacs too?
Hey, if that's your thing, I'm not going to judge you. As far as I am aware the push for marriage equality supports the legalization of marriage between to 2 unrelated, consenting adults. It's really pretty simple.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Would you care to give us your definition of sexual orientation?
I'm not going to define it because it is imaginary. It is a term recently fabricated for use as a social engineering tool to serve an agenda and again, that was implicit in the sentence I quoted from the other poster.

Asking me to define it is like asking an atheist or agnostic (which I am) to define God.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm not going to define it because it is imaginary. It is a term recently fabricated for use as a social engineering tool to serve an agenda.
Amazing. Whenever tea party/right-wingers don't like something, they just say it's "imaginary", or that there's a political agenda behind it. Everything is based on a conspiracy in their strange world.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 PM

269 posts, read 255,956 times
1) It's not a choice.

2) If gay people say it's not a choice, than it isn't. They're the ones in the know.

3) Whether it is or isn't a choice is irrelevant, as it's a perfectly legal and valid choice to make.

4) Bisexuality doesn't=gay.

5) Straight people have no say in the matter, as they don't feel what gay people do.

Anything else?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:29 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
I don't give a rats behind. Let people have sex with same-sex partners if it pleases them. What's it to me why people have this attraction?

Really, I don't get it! The ONLY reason this could possibly be of importance to anyone is because concluding that it is a choice rather than a disposition would allow for discrimination. I have no idea why anyone would get off by wanting to discriminate against another person who just wants to live his/her life in peace and quiet with the same rights as everyone.

That, in turn, makes it quite clear who is "sick in the head..."

I do think that many people confuse "homosexual orientation" with "homosexual behavior." For example, every single man on this forum can chose to give another man a BJ (I don't mean to be graphic, sorry). You'd probably have to put a gun against my head or use some other "incentive," but when it comes down to it and my life were at stake (just as an example), I am sure I could chose to engage in this act.

However, no matter how many guns you'd point at me, you could NEVER make me feel any attraction toward the man I would be pleasing. I cannot chose my attraction and neither can you.

Why would you think that anyone can?

Last edited by vamos; 08-14-2011 at 06:10 PM..

Old 08-14-2011, 06:16 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so no fear, just think it's icky and maybe catching, after all these gays have an agenda
Your words not mine

Old 08-14-2011, 06:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So it's both. You are unable to understand the science and you don't want to know anyway.

And you don't know how to spell prostate. So you don't really expect people to take your view seriously do you.
You have no room to talk being you have no clue what the prostate does LOL

You always jump to the spelling bee when you fail so poorly and i can care less if you take me seriously I'm having fun making you look so foolish.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:09 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101flyboy View Post
1) It's not a choice.
Probably true. I think there is a strong chance that it is a genetic defect of some kind, like schizophrenia.

Quote:
2) If gay people say it's not a choice, than it isn't. They're the ones in the know.
So then it is a compulsion that they cannot control, probably caused by a genetic defect of some kind. Or maybe homosexuality is a mental disorder? Like anorexia nervosa or cutting?

Quote:
3) Whether it is or isn't a choice is irrelevant, as it's a perfectly legal and valid choice to make.
So is abortion? Case closed?

Quote:
4) Bisexuality doesn't=gay.
No bisexuality is another, but related, behavioral disorder characterized by perverted deviant sexual behavior.

Quote:
5) Straight people have no say in the matter, as they don't feel what gay people do.
Absolute rubbish.

Quote:
Anything else?
You lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies