Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 08:30 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan
Maybe they could air the wedding in the NYC schools and Burt and Ernie can teach them how to put on condoms.

...and then discuss the "appropriate age" for them to consummate the marriage.
Just make sure they consumate in the Bible belt, since they have the lowest age of consent laws!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 08:31 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Then there are a lot of straight people who have some explaining to do...!!
please explain this is this not willing to allow people to die to advance their agenda?
The Nevada Daily Mail - Google News Archive Search

Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
So Bert would be the 'top' and Ernie would be the 'bottom'? Or the other way around?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, it's apparently about conservative retards bashing gays and some stupid Sesame Street stunt. Therefore your bigotry is open for criticism.
Ad-Hominem attack and straw man argument.

Fi - you have a right to express your opinions as well as anyone and everyone else, but you need to pull back on the name calling. Express your argument with supporting facts to back up your opinions - don't just label those who think differently than you with stereotype labels.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Just make sure they consumate in the Bible belt, since they have the lowest age of consent laws!
If 16 and 17 year olds are watching Sesame Street they have bigger problems then learning about gay marriage.

Try 3-5 year old age group as that is the target group of Sesame Street.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:38 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Ad-Hominem attack and straw man argument.

Fi - you have a right to express your opinions as well as anyone and everyone else, but you need to pull back on the name calling. Express your argument with supporting facts to back up your opinions - don't just label those who think differently than you with stereotype labels.
Why, with all the liberal/gay bashing that goes on this board (far more than conservative bashing), it seems that's the only thing you all care about is ad hominems and strawmen.

You've even had conservative posters here bring up the AIDS thing, and basically say they hope gay people die from it.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Why, with all the liberal/gay bashing that goes on this board (far more than conservative bashing), it seems that's the only thing you all care about is ad hominems and strawmen.

You've even had conservative posters here bring up the AIDS thing, and basically say they hope gay people die from it.
I agree that is absolutely a hateful and ignorant thing to say.

As I said previously I support your right to express your position and opinions. I'm even open to changing my views if given good arguments, however when you let others provoke you into making strident statements you only impinge your own credibility.

I know, I've made more than my share of stupid comments.

Not trying to beat you up, just making an observation.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
As with the civil rights struggle for blacks, we'll need the old generation to die off before people stop being backward about gays.
even if you are right eventually their decedents will see you as backwards for nor understanding that this is a moral disaster.

homosexual relations were more excepted in the Roman Empire then they were 100 years ago and abortions (and infanticide) were seen as a birth control.

the point being even if almost the entire world (which will never happen no matter how much propaganda you use) excepts this evil, probability wise eventualy it will once again change back to what it was originally and you will be looked upon negatively by history.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
What does it do to society, per empirical data?
please tell me how we can have empirical data on the long term effect on society of gay "marriage"when it just went into effect a few years ago.

Quote:
And see if you can make the case without religion, as the U.S. is a secular nation with secular laws.
and if it's evil only based on religion (which it's not) it doesn't change the fact that its evil and in 200 years I'm pretty confident will gone in locals where it is now excepted.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Regardless, surely you have a theory about how this will damage our society. Tell me how encouraging monogamy among gays by sanctioning marriage will "damage" our youth, society, etc.
it will make people more likely to engage in homosexual relations that are bad for both society overall and the individuals themselves. (compare the STD rates of homosexuals vs heterosexual, children ext.)
people who may have had a latent desire would be more likely to act on it if the stigma (which rightfully excites) is taken away.

I could go on but I doubt it would be any different then speaking to a wall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies