Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Oh, that's too bad. If the wedding would have happened, I was excited for my 18 month old and 4.5 year old to also learn about pre-marital sex and pregnancy from puppets. You know, when Elmo knocked up Abby.

Since both topics would have been completely appropriate for preschool television.

/sarcasm
So, is it appropriate for the "straight" puppets to have relationships on-screen? What about Miss Piggy and her insatiable lust for Kermit? I don't hear people crying over that, and it's probably more explicit than Bert & Ernie's wedding would have been... guess it's only "inappropriate" depending on the puppet's nonexistent genitals. Gawd, what a strange debate this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Suddenly it all become clear... the irrational love of imaginary mammoths, the cookie addiction, my strange need to count objects in a room upon entry, those Tuesday nights when I climb naked into my garbage bin at 3:00 AM just to feel the warm, wet refuse against my skin, and now the secret homosexual feelings for my roommates... Sesame Street is to blame!! Who do I sue?
LMAO... I blame them for my weight problem and OCD too!! Those puppets are evil, I tell ya.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
what part of JEW did you not understand
I'm a Jew too, and you must have missed the teachings about tolerance and kindness... but perhaps you're Orthodox or Hasidic, which would explain your views a little better. I'm Reform, and we wholeheartedly support the fight for equality - I've even had a lesbian Rabbi, for goodness sakes!

Quote:
calling gays a minority is insult to all true minorities in this country.
Oh, but it's okay to marginalize them for the sake of YOUR arguments, and say "the minority shouldn't dictate what the majority should/can do." You know how many times I've heard that on here? So make up your minds already!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,079,106 times
I don't care if they have a gay couple on Sesame Street but it should be a human couple and leave Burt and Ernie alone

Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
I'm a Jew too, and you must have missed the teachings about tolerance and kindness... but perhaps you're Orthodox or Hasidic, which would explain your views a little better. I'm Reform, and we wholeheartedly support the fight for equality - I've even had a lesbian Rabbi, for goodness sakes!
then let me give you a authentic Jewish teaching (which describes modern day Reform-Judaism in a nut shell)
he who's merciful to evil people (that is Judaism definition of of one who practices the said behavior) will eventuality be unmerciful to the righteous

Quote:
Oh, but it's okay to marginalize them for the sake of YOUR arguments, and say "the minority shouldn't dictate what the majority should/can do." You know how many times I've heard that on here? So make up your minds already!
do you consider people who want to legalize Polygamy and Polyandry a minority?
should we make special laws for those that want practice these behaviors?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
then let me give you a authentic Jewish teaching (which describes modern day Reform-Judaism in a nut shell)
he who's merciful to evil people (that is Judaism definition of of one who practices the said behavior) will eventuality be unmerciful to the righteous

do you consider people who want to legalize Polygamy and Polyandry a minority?
should we make special laws for those that want practice these behaviors?
Fail spelling.

Well, in Leviticus it says that you aren't supposed to shave, curse, gossip, wear blended shirts, even talk to women when they are on their period. I'm sure that you do all of those.

You also fail because polyandry is polygamy, it just means to have multiple male spouses. Polygamy, on the other hand, just means multiple spouses.

What does plural marriages have to do with gay marriage?

Hint: You can't win this.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Fail spelling.

Well, in Leviticus it says that you aren't supposed to shave, curse, gossip, wear blended shirts, even talk to women when they are on their period. I'm sure that you do all of those.

You also fail because polyandry is polygamy, it just means to have multiple male spouses. Polygamy, on the other hand, just means multiple spouses.

Wha..what?!! We're gonna do polygamy again? Sweet.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,775,588 times
Well, at least Bert & Ernie won't be "Living in Sin", anymore!

But what I really want to see is Big Bird getting hitched to Elmo. Would that be considered Interracial Marriage? Bestiality? Straight-Purple-Thing/Tranny-Bird Love? (I figure Big Bird is one of those Transexuals).

Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Fail spelling.
irrelevant

Quote:
Quote:
shave
it means with a razor (I'm assuming you don't know hebrew so I cant give you the limud) by the way as a chumra I never shaved even in a kosher way

Quote:
curse
show me the verse in question (I'm not sure which verse your referring too so I'll tell you where you went wrong and in addition curses means something else in hebrew then it does in english)

Quote:
gossip
a few points
1. gossip and rachil are not synonymous (gossip would include rachil but rachil would not include all forms of gossip )

Quote:
wear blended shirts
no such verse it says tzemer and pishtiem

Quote:
even talk to women when they are on their period
once again your wrong there is nothing even close to this in there (I'm not sure if your referring to laws of tumah and tahrah or the lav)

if you don't understand what I'm talking about I suggest you don't bring up the bible with me

Quote:
sorry I meant to type polygyny as you correctly noted (you have to get something right) I am a losey speller and when I misspelled it the spelling I clicked the spell check which I then hit the wrong button.

Quote:
there is a minority that wants to make it legal that doesn't give them a minority status and to give them or men who have sexual relations with other men such a status is a affront to people who have suffered real persecution.

Quote:
only if lose points for spelling and grammer

Old 08-11-2011, 09:28 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,493 times
So stupid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies