Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,299,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
irrelevant

it means with a razor (I'm assuming you don't know hebrew so I cant give you the limud) by the way as a chumra I never shaved even in a kosher way

show me the verse in question (I'm not sure which verse your referring too so I'll tell you where you went wrong and in addition curses means something else in hebrew then it does in english)

a few points
1. gossip and rachil are not synonymous (gossip would include rachil but rachil would not include all forms of gossip )

no such verse it says tzemer and pishtiem

once again your wrong there is nothing even close to this in there (I'm not sure if your referring to laws of tumah and tahrah or the lav)

if you don't understand what I'm talking about I suggest you don't bring up the bible with me

sorry I meant to type polygyny as you correctly noted (you have to get something right) I am a losey speller and when I misspelled it the spelling I clicked the spell check which I then hit the wrong button.

there is a minority that wants to make it legal that doesn't give them a minority status and to give them or men who have sexual relations with other men such a status is a affront to people who have suffered real persecution.

only if lose points for spelling and grammer
The sign of a failed argument is when one has to resort to semantics to even be partially correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,969,694 times
Default Once again, Intolerance rears it's ugly head

I really think these diatribes are getting tiresome.

They have been discussed to death and I do not think anyone in convincing anyone else who already holds a point of view on this topic.

My two cents:

• Gay exist in society and deserve to be treated with fairness and respect.
  • People who object to gay people have a right to hold those views, but they do not have a right to enforce prejudice, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination against gay people.
  • Oppression and persecution of people because of their sexual orientaion is wrong.
Now, what part of my position do you not understand that I might explain it to you?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:42 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,561,449 times
Quote:
The sign of a failed argument is when one has to resort to semantics to even be partially correct.
what semantics?
I'll answer your question directly yes I except the whole Torah and don't pick and choose.
2. your a complete bible ignominious for example you wrote wear blended shirts (it's only blended shirt of wool and linen) and also we keep that
Shatnez Testers of America

next time state your case logically and don't make statements you can't back up.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 PM

Default Oops!

I forgot to add:

Greetings from the City of Brotherly Love!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,789,218 times
Quote:
irrelevant

it means with a razor (I'm assuming you don't know hebrew so I cant give you the limud) by the way as a chumra I never shaved even in a kosher way

show me the verse in question (I'm not sure which verse your referring too so I'll tell you where you went wrong and in addition curses means something else in hebrew then it does in english)

a few points
1. gossip and rachil are not synonymous (gossip would include rachil but rachil would not include all forms of gossip )

no such verse it says tzemer and pishtiem

once again your wrong there is nothing even close to this in there (I'm not sure if your referring to laws of tumah and tahrah or the lav)

if you don't understand what I'm talking about I suggest you don't bring up the bible with me

sorry I meant to type polygyny as you correctly noted (you have to get something right) I am a losey speller and when I misspelled it the spelling I clicked the spell check which I then hit the wrong button.

there is a minority that wants to make it legal that doesn't give them a minority status and to give them or men who have sexual relations with other men such a status is a affront to people who have suffered real persecution.

only if lose points for spelling and grammer
Nu.....

Only you fail to take into account that the only edition that counts, to some people, is the KJV1611. That one, where I come from, is "every word true" (and considering that those words mostly make no sense, a truly pushy and devious person can make of them whatever he wants.... Posture Power + Position Power, you know). Anyway, as any good Holy Roller knows, the KJV 1611 was dictated straight from beyond those Pearly Gates, to the infallible scribes at the court of King James (who, they carefully forget to remember was a big ol' Faygeleh, himself).

Anyway, it looks like like I've gotta bring out the big guns here, and cite America's Foremost Authority on all things Biblical, Mrs. Betty Bowers. I will add that at times both she and Sister Taffy have cited biblical passages forbidding the use of blended fabrics, as in the time when Sister Taffy stole the title of Mrs. Christian America from Mrs. Pentecostal, by reminding Pageant Judges that Mrs. Pentecostal was wearing a Poly-Rayon blend.

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube

Betty Bowers' Christian Ministries NEWS: Mrs. Baptist Wins Mrs. Christian Pageant

Like so many who have waxed wealthy 'growing' the Evangelical Movement, Mrs. Bowers looks more like she goes to Beth Simchat Torah than to Landover Baptist. And I am uncomfortable with her use of the full 'G-word'... Still, she was probably the closest thing to a credible Bible Scholar to ever advise the Bush Family.

http://www.bettybowers.com/newsjeb.html

Which all leads me to a very important point. Flawless Biblical Scholarship, based on genuine ancient texts, is rather inelastic. One of the great things about Low End Religions is that sloppy interpretations of tomes translated and transcribed beyond all rational comprehension allow us to write fake Permission Slips from the Creator. Sort of like the classic "Johnny is excused from School, today. Signed, Mommy" kind of Permission Slip. Only here, it's more like "The Supreme Being says right here in this book, that I get to rob these, kill those, and disenfranchise these over here."

And it's kind of like the Nazi Death Camps being sloppily run, in order that looted valuables could be more readily stolen by the Germans who worked in them. Being sloppy lets you make up whatever you need to , as you go along.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 08-11-2011 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: and...

Old 08-11-2011, 09:51 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,561,449 times
Quote:
Greetings from the City of Brotherly Love!
you do know that Phili has a terrible record when it comes to real bigotry

Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,299,125 times
Quote:
what semantics?
I'll answer your question directly yes I except the whole Torah and don't pick and choose.
2. your a complete bible ignominious for example you wrote wear blended shirts (it's only blended shirt of wool and linen) and also we keep that
Shatnez Testers of America

next time state your case logically and don't make statements you can't back up.
I used examples from Leviticus. If you know the Bible so well like you claim then you should know them. You are good and playing a victim and attacking but not real good with backing up your hate.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:57 PM

Another big greetings from Philadelphia!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 PM

253 posts, read 202,270 times
Oh my god....please just give me a break. They are PUPPETS people, PUPPETS!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 PM

988 posts, read 1,204,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Oh my god....please just give me a break. They are PUPPETS people, PUPPETS!!!
And apparently, they are about to be filthy sexually deviant pervert puppets if this petition goes through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies