Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 11:28 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Really? Got a link and some quantifiable data for that? Gay people have been murdered by Muslims for centuries, and that hasn't changed.

Regardless, I'm not talking about practitioners of Islam, I'm talking about citizens of the U.S. Your point of view is already in the minority, and it will likely only be more so, just as Jim Crow fell out of favor in the South after a mere 20 years.
http://www.jstor.org/pss/3107489

Last edited by NY Jew; 08-11-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 11:40 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Schutes View Post
There's nothing controversial about love and acceptance. If you think children should be brought up prejudiced against gay people, and continue to bully them as children of this generation do, then you have the blood of suicidal homosexual teens on your hands, IMO.

It's not FASCISM to promote acceptance. FASCISM is telling others how to live, which is what you're doing when you're telling gay people they do not deserve the same civil, fundamental rights as straight people.
Acceptance of what?

When a particular political agenda is deliberately pushed on the rest of society, especially on its youngest and most vulnerable children via the arts, media, education, etc., it definitely is a Fascist strategy. Doesn't matter whether you like or dislike what is being forced on society.

I really don't think the lefties have a clue that they have traveled so far to the left that they have come full circle and are embracing what used to be thought of as the righties territory!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
but if the amount of people who practice this goes up then it will counteract you said. What? I'm starting to think maybe you're learning-disabled.
if the odds are 3 out of every ten people who engage in a dangerous behavior get sick and there are a total of only 10 people who do the behavior then 3 people will get sick. Now if we lessen the risk factor to 2 out of every ten people but in the process increase the number of people who engage in the same behavior to 20 then 4 people will get sick.

unless you are either dyslexic or dyscalculic (or both) you should understand this

Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,896 times
What next? A beastiality wedding? How about a necrophiliac wedding? Any other sexual perversions that haven't been covered on public children's programming? How about a dendrophiliac wedding to a 100 year elm? And isn't it about time that we celebrate foot and enema fetishes on children's shows?

Guess it is not enough that they teach 1st graders about BJs, HJs, RJs, and ZJs in public school.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Schutes View Post
Acceptance of other consenting adults to live how they wish to live, within the bounds of the law. I realize that you have decrepit, 19th-century values with regard to this, but most of the rest of the world knows TOTALLY what I'm saying here.

SSM is not legal in most states. There may come a time when it is but it isn't currently. The presentation of it to young children to try and get them to embrace it and someday grow up and vote for it constitutes a political agenda where children are being used. Stinks of Fascism.

It's not an agenda. It's people, living how they want, loving who they want, harming no one. You and your bigoted friends label it as an "agenda" so you can forget that you're talking about human beings.

Not talking about whether what is being sought is good or bad. But something is being pushed on children; i.e., an agenda.

There is no "agenda". People are not trying to force anything on you or anyone's kids. Parents and children are free to ferret out what they do and do not wish to view.

See above. There is an "agenda" and my tax dollars are funding it.

Furthermore, there is ZERO evidence that, if there were an "agenda", it would result in more kids becoming gay. Most gay people were raised by straight parents, in a world that condones hetersoexuality. It defies all principles of logic and common sense to somehow believe that introducing a marginal amount of acceptance and understanding of those that practice a gay lifestyle will produce more gay children who would otherwise not be gay. You have NO evidentiary support for this, and therefore nothing to fear.

That is debatable on another thread. What is clear, is that the agenda is to gain more favor of SSM with the next generation of voters.

This is a weird statement. So you now are saying that right-wing people embrace fascism? That squares more with what I believe, but I'm surprised to hear you admit that.

Fascism is often widely misunderstood. Left leaners usually attribute it to right wingers, but if you understand it, it can be practiced by either side. The lefties are currently employing many of its tactics. I refer you to an interesting read: "Liberal Fascism," by Jonah Goldberg.
Thank you.

You're welcome.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:35 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
What next? A beastiality wedding? How about a necrophiliac wedding? Any other sexual perversions that haven't been covered on public children's programming? How about a dendrophiliac wedding to a 100 year elm? And isn't it about time that we celebrate foot and enema fetishes on children's shows?

Guess it is not enough that they teach 1st graders about BJs, HJs, RJs, and ZJs in public school.
I know I'm getting old, but what the hell is a ZJ?

Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM

253 posts, read 202,012 times
Do I care if Bert & Ernie get married or not? No.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:45 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Sesame Street | Facebook

Quote:
Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves. Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets™ do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 PM

253 posts, read 202,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
My favorite part:
they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.

For those who have gotten confused in their hysteria over this....they are puppets.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Campy joke taken too far for people to realize it's a campy joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies