Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:11 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
And here I thought Perry was going to be a formidable candidate. Read this WaPo piece by Dan Balz, who's following Perry around with a microphone. Perry comes off sounding like a complete idiot, on several subjects.

THIS guy's the GOP's best shot?

Perry warns of Fed treason, challenges Obama - The Washington Post
Not only that, Perry found out Bernanke buys picante sauce made in New York City!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 10:13 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Hook, line and sinker...

Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,636 times
Perry is accusing others of treason?
But look at what Perry is doing, flaunting national security concerns and welcoming HUAWEI into Texas.

"national security experts in both the George W. Bush and Obama administrations had concluded that the global telecom giant poses a potential cyber-security risk to the U.S. military and businesses. Three times since 2008, a U.S. government security panel has blocked Huawei from acquiring or partnering with U.S. companies because of concerns that secrets could be leaked to China’s government or military."

In fairness to Huawei, I know the company and they do some very good things. But certain aspects of their business do pose a potential threat to National Security, and they have to be watched very carefully.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
I'm not sure re-electing Obama is such a great idea. I wish there was a Democrat in the race.

But, yeah, no competition so far.
I am not sure which is further left, Obama or Romney?

Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am not sure which is further left, Obama or Romney?
Neither. Easy peasy.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
bernanki and the globalist liberals have destroyed this country

Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
I'm not sure re-electing Obama is such a great idea. I wish there was a Democrat in the race.

But, yeah, no competition so far.
I wish we could see a true democrat. these far left liberals are killing this country

we havent had a true democrat since JFK

Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
What worries me the most isn't Perry; it's the increasingly likely prospect that the Republican party is going to nominate someone who openly espouses and embraces right wing extremism. At a time when the economy is really low and could become even worse, that's very dangerous. Hitleresque.
^^This.

I can foresee a day where expression of opinions like mine are brutally silenced by "patriotic" extremist thinkers under the pretense of being treasonous or un-American. The conditions are fertile for this kind of a backlash. I already see it daily on this forum.

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-- Voltaire

People of all sides in this country used to understand that even though Voltaire was French, his quote happened to capture a key embodiment of our Constitution. Now I think we're getting farther from it every day. If Voltaire was alive and said that today, he would be derided as an enemy of our nation by patriotic xenophobes.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
What worries me the most isn't Perry; it's the increasingly likely prospect that the Republican party is going to nominate someone who openly espouses and embraces right wing extremism. At a time when the economy is really low and could become even worse, that's very dangerous. Hitleresque.

when the dems elected a left-wing extremist I predicted a hard swing back to the right.

This is the direct result of nancy pelosi and president skippy.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Quote:
There won't be any-

Why No Democrat Will Challenge Obama
Should Obama be primaried? Liberals are fed up with the president, but no Democrat is threatening to challenge him. And one reason, reports Eleanor Clift, is race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies