Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 01:59 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
right because QE1 and QE2 worked wonders for the economy....snort....
The economy expanded and stock prices were raised.

I guess that small bit of good news makes Republicans sad because they are rooting for failure, which is why they are rooting for tightening monetary policy.

snort
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 02:05 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
And this sort of rhetoric is why you are going to lose both the presidency and the senate next year. We're tired of it, the lies, the name calling, the policies. You people are finished in national politics after the fiasco you've created by electing barry sotero.
And if they keep pushing .. They 'are' going to get exactly what they don't really want .. A Very Hard Push-back!

A solid majority of what these commies call Red-Neck, Right-Wing Loonies are actually, former war experienced military personnel and wouldn't mind a little hand to hand combat .. especially with loud mouth cowards!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
As entertaining as it is to watch crazy people, it's not so entertaining when you see that any one of them will become the nominee, and with a bad economy, they just might win. And that is a very unsettling thing.

What did he mean by that, I wonder? That sounded pretty threatening to me.

Treating someone "pretty ugly" is Southern slang for lying on CD P&OC forum about what someone actually said.

“If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas. Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion.”

Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
So what? I agree with what he said. Burnake is a clown who shouldve been fired long ago. He is a failure.

The treasonous remark was ALMOST spot on. He almost got it right. It should be more like: If you print money for ANY political reason, it IS treasonous. We can NOT keep doing this crap. Any future printing of money thinking this is good for America is an act of treason. It will and has damaged this country and you have to be an idiot nowadays not to realize this.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:18 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Rick Perry Wants to Get Ugly With Ben Bernanke - Yahoo! News

It didn't take long for Rick Perry to prove that he's a right wing kook, and a potentially dangerous one at that.

Straight out of the playbook of fascism, Perry goes out and suggest that his political targets are enemies of the state and that violence could be one way of dealing with them.

Christ, where does the right wing insanity end?

Interestingly enough, he did neither.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:19 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
He did not suggest violence.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Rick Perry Wants to Get Ugly With Ben Bernanke - Yahoo! News

It didn't take long for Rick Perry to prove that he's a right wing kook, and a potentially dangerous one at that.

Straight out of the playbook of fascism, Perry goes out and suggest that his political targets are enemies of the state and that violence could be one way of dealing with them.

Christ, where does the right wing insanity end?
That loon is crazier than Bush, unbelievable.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:30 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Nope; he can't be the nutbar! The mainstream (small tributary) media has relegated that role to Paul.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
That's because the lame stream media fears Ron Paul. If they aren't laughing at him, they just pretend he doesn't exist...which, considering how LAME the media truly is, is all the more reason to look closer at Paul. If the media hates him, he must be darn interesting.

Anyway, I do vote Republican but have to agree with others, except not with all the childish snark, that really, thus far, I'm not all too impressed with anyone on the Conservative ticket. Which is why I'm looking more in to Paul.

By the way, I just saw this video on Perry and am not quite sure what to make of it. As it stands, I'm not entirely sure I trust Perry not to be another empty suit.

Gov. Rick Perry - China Loves Him.mp4 - YouTube

Those of you who like Perry, your thoughts please?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:30 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
"Perry told supporters at the end of his first full day campaigning in Iowa that he wasn't a big fan of the head of the Fed, and suggested that Texans would probably beat Bernanke up if he prints anymore money before the next election."

First paragraph.

Stupid saying. He comes off way too casual with his remarks.

GREAT!

That's a quote from the article that claims he said things which he obviously did not and for which no Perry quote substantiating the claim is provided.

Guess that's good enough for the brain dead left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies