Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:58 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry Wants to Get Ugly With Ben Bernanke - Yahoo! News

It didn't take long for Rick Perry to prove that he's a right wing kook, and a potentially dangerous one at that.

Straight out of the playbook of fascism, Perry goes out and suggest that his political targets are enemies of the state and that violence could be one way of dealing with them.

Christ, where does the right wing insanity end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

It didn't take long for Rick Perry to prove that he's a right wing kook, and a potentially dangerous one at that.

Straight out of the playbook of fascism, Perry goes out and suggest that his political targets are enemies of the state and that violence could be one way of dealing with them.

As entertaining as it is to watch crazy people, it's not so entertaining when you see that any one of them will become the nominee, and with a bad economy, they just might win. And that is a very unsettling thing.

Quote:
"If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas."
What did he mean by that, I wonder? That sounded pretty threatening to me.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
What worries me the most isn't Perry; it's the increasingly likely prospect that the Republican party is going to nominate someone who openly espouses and embraces right wing extremism. At a time when the economy is really low and could become even worse, that's very dangerous. Hitleresque.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:

Isn't that the question of the decade.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Can someone provide me an actual quote from him where he is advocating violence?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
I'm not really reading into this the violence that the journalists have. To me, he sounds like a typical right wing Texan or Okie speaking in the way they speak. I agree it probably isn't the normal D.C. politico-washed talk that people are use to hearing, but I think, he's just a mouthy Texan. >>yawn<< Texans trend toward big mouths, big boo bs, and little water. (I should know, b/c they're trying to steal Oklahoma's water)

Sigh, they're Texans, what can you say?

Keep'm rollin' you little right-wing doggies......the further we get into the election the better this is looking for centrists and left of center. You guys are putting out some real wing-nuts, and that only makes this a much easier win for our man, Obama. Thank Friggin' God.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 AM

898 posts, read 828,061 times
The desperation from the left is rather telling.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:

so after reading the quote all I can say is the linked story is a lie and the OP has lied here....

here is the quote:

“If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas. Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion.”

Nope. No direction of physical violence toward BB.

and I agree with Perry on both particulars.

Us Texans would treat him pretty ugly. We tend to take a dim view of those who try to hurt us. That doesnt mean we would "beat him up".

It is almost (but not litterally) treason to do what BB and BHO and little Timmy have been doing.

That doesnt mean we wish harm or seek state sanctioned execution for these people.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:

And here I thought Perry was going to be a formidable candidate. Read this WaPo piece by Dan Balz, who's following Perry around with a microphone. Perry comes off sounding like a complete idiot, on several subjects.

THIS guy's the GOP's best shot?

Perry warns of Fed treason, challenges Obama - The Washington Post

Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I'm not really reading into this the violence that the journalists have. To me, he sounds like a typical right wing Texan or Okie speaking in the way they speak. I agree it probably isn't the normal D.C. politico-washed talk that people are use to hearing, but I think, he's just a mouthy Texan. >>yawn<< Texans trend toward big mouths, big boo bs, and little water. (I should know, b/c they're trying to steal Oklahoma's water)

Sigh, they're Texans, what can you say?

Keep'm rollin' you little right-wing doggies......the further we get into the election the better this is looking for centrists and left of center. You guys are putting out some real wing-nuts, and that only makes this a much easier win for our man, Obama. Thank Friggin' God.
I'm not sure re-electing Obama is such a great idea. I wish there was a Democrat in the race.

But, yeah, no competition so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies