Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Now ask yourself where is all that heroin coming from? I know where and I also know where much of these prescription pills are coming from. Afghanistan is the first and organized crime is the second who have hijacked several pill manufacturers warehouses in several states.
Yes, most of heroin has always originated from Asia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIF VET View Post
how do people get their hands on this in the first place? I got chronic back pain and my doc wont even prescribe me any pain killers for it, but instead he wants me to continue physical therapy for another 6 months [which isnt helping] before he upgrades my pain relief, right now he's got me on 600mg Gabapentin which aint doing much
I have the same questions ...... what do these people know/do that we don't?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Default Oxycontin, "oxy", "Roxie", "blues", "reds", "my script" illegal prescription addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The crime associated with drug abuse and addiction is the primary problem. All of these drugs should be available to anyone that wants them at a government operated store. The profits could pay for the rehabilitation of the people that wanted to stop using. The rest could affordably amuse themselves for as long as they lasted.
Just take oxytonin, and you'll be hugging cops within hours.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
I know one person who got hooked on oxys and he detoxed himself. No rehab necessary, it's not like detoxing from alcohol. He did take it recreationally so it's his own fault that it got to that point.

Opiates are not as dangerous as some drugs and I get why people like them but it is a weakness to feel like you have to have that high or to refuse to detox when you need them to feel normal. I have taken opiates for pain and had a pump in the hospital, being a scrawny thing I felt they gave me too much and I did feel high at a time when I should have felt upset. It was a fake feeling of well being and I would want to avoid it in the future.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not to mention the long-term effects. My late wife was on strong painkillers for bone cancer and the doc said that the dosage level would eventually wreck her organs and they wouldn't give those doses to someone that wasn't terminal.
I am sorry for the loss of your wife.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I know one person who got hooked on oxys and he detoxed himself. No rehab necessary, it's not like detoxing from alcohol. He did take it recreationally so it's his own fault that it got to that point.

Opiates are not as dangerous as some drugs and I get why people like them but it is a weakness to feel like you have to have that high or to refuse to detox when you need them to feel normal. I have taken opiates for pain and had a pump in the hospital, being a scrawny thing I felt they gave me too much and I did feel high at a time when I should have felt upset. It was a fake feeling of well being and I would want to avoid it in the future.

Where are you getting this information? Some people detox more easily than others , but opiates are extremely dangerous -- not to detox from, but to use. Even used exactly as prescribed, they can kill you. There is hardly anything I would consider more dangerous to have in your body.

And detoxing is usually so mierable that the fear of detox alone is what keeps most people using opiates.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,814 times
OK old thread but I do have a comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
Don't care about the big "pain clinic" issue in FL. Have read about it for years, how it's supposedly a big "problem" there. DEA are the bad guys to me, as usual. Nobody put a gun to these drug addicts head and made them scoff down drugs. They did it to themselves.

If their addicted state has made them negligent in some way such that they are not fulfilling a legal obligation (e.g. child neglect, engaging in crime, perhaps embezzling away the families money to support their habit, etc...), then legally address it on that end since that is where the actual wrong is insofar as imposing negative externality [harm] on others.
The DEA is just rounding up people for the private prison system. Yes, most prisons today are privately run Corps. They need to be full to make a profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Where are you getting this information? Some people detox more easily than others , but opiates are extremely dangerous -- not to detox from, but to use. Even used exactly as prescribed, they can kill you. There is hardly anything I would consider more dangerous to have in your body.

And detoxing is usually so mierable that the fear of detox alone is what keeps most people using opiates.
You sound like you haven't a clue of what you say. Did you read about that from some internet site?

As a person who had to drop down from a 80 milligram dose of Oxy last year after major back surgery's(3), I can assure you if someone wants to be rid of them it isn't that hard. The person just has to have the will to do it. But we are so conditioned to "taking a pill" to make it all better that they don't.

On the pain mills, shut them all down before they make a necessary drug unavailable to those who really need it.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 PM

438 posts, read 947,143 times
I cannot see the appeal of opiates. I got a prescription for hydrocodone last week to treat pain from an animal bite. Never taken an opioid before and never will again! I took half a tablet and spent the rest of the day messed up and sick as a dog. Not to mention it made my nose itch to the point of madness, which apparently happens with opiate based drugs. Cannot imagine what oxy or other strong drugs would feel like!

Old 03-29-2015, 05:39 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I know several people hooked or were hooked. The struggle they go through is almost unbelievable for a substance that can technically be obtained legally.

I on the other hand don't see the hype. I always just get sick or nauseous from it.
Not to mention constipation.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
I cannot see the appeal of opiates. I got a prescription for hydrocodone last week to treat pain from an animal bite. Never taken an opioid before and never will again! I took half a tablet and spent the rest of the day messed up and sick as a dog. Not to mention it made my nose itch to the point of madness, which apparently happens with opiate based drugs. Cannot imagine what oxy or other strong drugs would feel like!
i was given a script for oxycontin when i had my fistula installed, never even filled it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies