Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 12:59 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,605,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
In 50 years all production industries will be forced to move out to China where they'll be happy polluting the environment.
I'm pretty sure we'll have different methods of producing energy in 50 years that don't contaminate the environment. There are several companies already working on new technologies and in 50 years they'll likely be more common place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 01:01 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
About thirty years ago the Scientists were saying that "global cooling" was coming and it would destroy the Earth.

Last edited by Scotty011; 09-06-2011 at 01:28 PM..

Old 09-06-2011, 01:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I'm pretty sure we'll have different methods of producing energy in 50 years that don't contaminate the environment. There are several companies already working on new technologies and in 50 years they'll likely be more common place?
50 years will be way too late. We are at the tipping point right now, and even if we quit using all coal and gas in every corner of this planet, we will still see temperatures rise.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:14 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
50 years will be way too late. We are at the tipping point right now, and even if we quit using all coal and gas in every corner of this planet, we will still see temperatures rise.
Yes, climate change is cyclical and natural. You are correct and get a cookie!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 PM

329 posts, read 267,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5
Are you going to say who started the other 6-7 ice ages???????????
Here's something you might want to think about buddy5: what caused them to end? Or am I being too deep?

Last edited by Turboblocke; 09-06-2011 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: fixing quote

Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes, climate change is cyclical and natural. You are correct and get a cookie!
Puhleese, is that supposed to be a killer argument? Don't you realise that mainstream science says that climate change is a combination of natural climate change with a man-made trend as well?

That's why the change in global temperature is not a steady upward trend. Sometimes natural variation is up and sometimes it's down, but the man made trend is always up.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:38 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryzinc View Post
those who dont believe in global warming utilize when they are forced to flee and will they still acknowledge it at that point or blame it on "cycles"?
Are you denying there was an Ice Age? And gee, it melted. Both long before 'civilization".

Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Are you denying there was an Ice Age? And gee, it melted. Both long before 'civilization".
Not quick enough. See my slightly earlier posts.

Does anyone really believe that because there is natural climate change, then man-made climate change is excluded?

Old 09-06-2011, 05:46 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yep, all of the snow I've been getting here in Texas will cool it back down.
The heavier than normal snow fall tends to reflect more sunlight back into space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
We have have 6 or 7 ice ages before. Who started them?
I think that the little ice age starting in 1315 and ending when ever (The warming trend started about 1730) should have been the next big ice age. What I think started the warming trend was the release of soot in England in the 1600’ with the start of utilization of coal for iron production. So if you want to undo man caused global warming you need to put us back into an ice age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboblocke View Post
Here's something you might want to think about buddy5: what caused them to end? Or am I being too deep?
As to the rest of them I can not speak but to my eye it looks like the soot release at the start of the industrial revolution and the time just before that is what caused man caused global warming. The clean up of industry world wide that has happened may very well undo the global warning that we have had and send us into another ice age. Or if I am correct we are 4 years into the next one.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:10 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryzinc View Post
those who dont believe in global warming utilize when they are forced to flee and will they still acknowledge it at that point or blame it on "cycles"?

In 50 years and the summer temps are in the 60's, people will look back and laugh over how stupid we were confusing a cycle with "global warming"

Last edited by Bily Lovec; 09-06-2011 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: obama is the anti-christ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies