Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM

773 posts, read 504,025 times

Advertisements

I read so many posts and see so many reports where liberals make fun of and have absolute hatred of religious politicians. I am not religious myself, but I find that attitude disgusting.

My question is, why don't liberals do the same thing to Obama? He is a very religious man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 06:43 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Its one thing for someone to be religious (which I have no problem with). Its another thing entirely when someone's personal religious views dictate policy.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
You can be religious, that's no problem! Just don't say same-sex marriage should be banned because God says so etc.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,097 times
Having faith and guidance in your life is important, and an intregal foundation and cornerstone.

Having to splash it constantly in your conversations can be cumbersome and to the point where it turns people off.

Be proud of your religous beliefs and your faith---that is a vital part of life. I just find it unfortunate that we are going too far in splashing faith based rhetoric everywhere, especially in the political arena.

I am able to judge somebodys character by their conversations, character, and mannerisms. I dont have to hear a barrage of faith based rhetorics from them----and I certainly dont need to hear them castigating others for not matching their faith beliefs.

What I want from a political candidate is solid opinion on issues, creativity on problem solving, and common sense. I indeed also want them to have solid moral values and footing, but I dont need them to remind me of it constantly.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its one thing for someone to be religious (which I have no problem with). Its another thing entirely when someone's personal religious views dictate policy.
You mean like Obama's policy of gay marriage?

Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I read so many posts and see so many reports where liberals make fun of and have absolute hatred of religious politicians. I am not religious myself, but I find that attitude disgusting.

My question is, why don't liberals do the same thing to Obama? He is a very religious man.
The religious want to make it out that any contra to their opinions constitutes hatred. The problem is in the heads of the religious. It's their persecution complex.
BTW, Let's not use 'religious' when christianity is meant. We all know it's cool to bash muslims and no one says a word against it.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:01 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The religious want to make it out that any contra to their opinions constitutes hatred. The problem is in the heads of the religious. It's their persecution complex.
BTW, Let's not use 'religious' when christianity is meant. We all know it's cool to bash muslims and no one says a word against it.
Yes, the hypocrisy goes on. Indeps are sick of this divisive garbage. the economy and jobs are an issue? do R's have any answer?no.

gay marriage/religious wedge issue isnt gonna cut it this election

Old 08-31-2011, 07:08 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post

Religion should be a private matter, not something that is reported in the tabloid headlines. When people come up with out there stuff like Bachmann claiming that God is using hurricanes to send us a message, there is reason to be seriously concerned with their intelligence. The last thing this country needs is leadership that uses "signs" from heaven to formulate policy.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Exactly! Love when they twist the bible to help their cause.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Nobody would be mocked if they didn't say or do something mockable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies