Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 AM

11,763 posts, read 14,703,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Not if it is indigenous Norwegians having the children... sounds like a great idea. White countries need to encourage their people to have more children rather than watching themselves disappear due to low birth rates and massive third world immigration.
Most posters around here, even conservatives, are less open about their racism than you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,205,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Isn't it naturally gonna be divisive anyways? If you want to preserve your own culture, you ARE bound to ruffle someone else's feathers and cause to be divisive. There's nothing wrong about being proud of being white and of your European culture. I'm proud of being German, Spanish, and Puerto Rican but I've no plans of going postal on Mexicans or Dominicans in this lifetime.

That's what Geert Wilders is being faulted for, but I don't see how or why.
My thoughts on culture and taking pride in something one had no hand in accomplishing (race) are for another thread. But I do think people can chill out on the "my race and culture is so awesome", and this is evidenced by some people not caring and making an effort to see humans as a species and judge by character.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Like La Raza?
See above.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,922,726 times
I think the original post was a warning so we do not implement a similar welfare system in this country. Imagine giving a woman enough money to actually live on while she is raising her kids. What a radical idea. What a blasphemous idea. She wouldn’t have to keep a man around unless she wanted to.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM

995 posts, read 1,119,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think the original post was a warning so we do not implement a similar welfare system in this country. Imagine giving a woman enough money to actually live on while she is raising her kids. What a radical idea. What a blasphemous idea. She wouldn’t have to keep a man around unless she wanted to.
^ This.
Life circumstances vary. Until you walk in her shoes, don't condemn any woman for her situation.
My mother once said after her divorce, "What do I need a man for?"
(Before you jump all over that, please know she was the mother of five, and had a successful career, working full-time until she was 76.)

Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM

313 posts, read 285,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Most posters around here, even conservatives, are less open about their racism than you are.
Why is preserving your race and culture 'racism'?

We need to get past this brainwashed nonsense about every White person who wants to preserve their own people as 'racist.' Blending us all into multicultural wasteland is not some sort of higher ideal to strive for.

When White people are gone, who is going to invent everything? The Africans? Lol.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Why is preserving your race and culture 'racism'?

We need to get past this brainwashed nonsense about every White person who wants to preserve their own people as 'racist.' Blending us all into multicultural wasteland is not some sort of higher ideal to strive for.

When White people are gone, who is going to invent everything? The Africans? Lol.
Well, now you're just trollin' lol. I refuse to acknowledge people are this ignorant.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM

769 posts, read 1,015,665 times
countries with low populations have this.. encouraging people to reproduce is a good thing

Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,068,176 times
Germany has the same exact payment system for parents regardless of income. they have had it for generations now. Germany also imports virtually all of their energy from France (for the oil argument). You can't argue they are heading towards collapse or deny they aren't doing well in current economic times. Country is also pretty diverse. Dusseldorf has the largest Japanese population in the world outside of Japan for example. The German policy was well before anyone was talking about immigration or low birth rates so increasing population I don't believe is a factor. The argument it is intended to increase white children is moot. Every person/family receives this support regardless of culture or ethnicity

America has a failing welfare system where many people (especially kids) aren't getting any better and we give them less than many other developed countries. In some states it is staggering how little support children are provided. So what is the argument for the American system being superior?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,486,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
Think about it. She is defining her poverty by the lack of a vacation outside the city. Not by lack of food, clothing, housing or medical care as we would here in the US.
Yeah, the nerve of her! When over here, apparently conservatives consider poor folks even having appliances a "luxury"!

Jon Stewart Takes On Fox News' 'Class Warfare' Claims (VIDEO)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies