Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Because they are one of our enemies. That and they have played a role in the deaths of American soldiers in Iraq. The leadership of Iran is evil and its an act of treason to associate with them
Really? Speak for yourself. Iranians are not my enemy...never was and i don't see how they'll ever be. No Iranian has ever done anything bad to me personally.

If they've played a role in the death of our soldiers in Iraq, then i suggest you get a mercenary group together and attack Iran in retaliation. I mean really....you're bent out of shape about that? How about our attacks on them? Like giving the Iraqi's weapons to use against the Iranians in the Iran-Iraq war? Or our participation in getting rid of a democratically elected government and installing the Shah?

In other words, they have a reason to p*ssed at us. A damn good reason. If i were them, i'd be angry too.

As for their leadership being evil, that's their business. I don't have to live under it, and they've done nothing personally to me OR you. You should mind the business of your own country and leave them to their own affairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 11:41 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so what if he does....he has the right, he is an american. I also have the right to see it. as I too am an american. you can ignore it as you too I presume are american. sen. mccarthy the paraniod you sound...well paranoid. you prefer arrest like your buddy will? just what is it about fee speech and artistic freedom you don't like
I think it's funny when people use American freedoms to support things anti-American. Yo don't see any irony there?? Here you're standing against American values and freedoms yet here you are using them.

This is also why Michael Moore is a hypocrite. In his "Capitalism: a Love Story"," he was completely blasting capitalism yet he used capitalism to promote his film.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Sean Penn is a good actor. Michael Moore makes interesting movies well worth seeing.
I'm sure if Republicans wanted to, they could too.

They just don't want to.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I think it's funny when people use American freedoms to support things anti-American. Yo don't see any irony there?? Here you're standing against American values and freedoms yet here you are using them.

This is also why Michael Moore is a hypocrite. In his "Capitalism: a Love Story"," he was completely blasting capitalism yet he used capitalism to promote his film.
So in other words, you're all for "freedom of speech", but only just so long as it doesn't offend you..?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post

Then don't watch his films. I mean really...why get bent out of shape about Mike Moore? If he's such a hypocrite, why did you watch his doc?

I've never understood the fascination that people have with people that they don't like. If you don't like him, then pretend that he's not there. That's what i do to folks i hate.

It's wierd...some of you love America the way you love your mothers. That's asenine. No one should look at their country through rose colored glasses and be non-critical just because you're born there. If something sucks, you should point it out....that's the American, not ANTI-American thing to do.

You guys have sh*t twisted.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I don't care what he does personally. I just think he is an anti-American Communist loving POS. I also think it's sad that if he does make a film about how great Iran is, that a ton of people would show up and cheer it.
yes, you do care. it bugs you he does it, what ever "it" is in the first place. bothers you more people will come watch. the idea he is successful at it as well as it not being a message you support, you denounce it.

like skateboarding, being a dissident is not a crime

Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
Hopefully its more then a visit, and he stays there.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:49 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Originally Posted by BucsLose
Because they are one of our enemies. That and they have played a role in the deaths of American soldiers in Iraq. The leadership of Iran is evil and its an act of treason to associate with them

You would be well advised to associate with your enemies because if you did, they wouldn't be your enemies anymore. Or do you like seething in rage for no reason? If Iran is your enemy because they've played a role in the deaths of American soldiers in Iraq then I guess your government and the defense contractors should also be on that list. If you get to pick your enemies, so do the rest of us.

Iran is not my enemy. I really don't have any enemies except for those people who insist I have some. Sound familiar?

And how on earth is Michael Moore anti-American? Have you seen any of his movies or read any of his books? His criticism is borne out of love for his country and a desire to bring it back to its former glory which sounds astoundingly similar to the desires of our conservative citizens. Amazing isn't it?!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Sean Penn is a good actor. Michael Moore makes interesting movies well worth seeing.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wait, you're not serious are you?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess

You didn't see the movie did you? It's so pro-capitalism it's ridiculous. He wants to redefine it so it works better for all its participants. Your view is typical of those who judge before thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies