Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

''White people scare the crap out of me.''
Michael Moore

Note to Michael, you are white.

Here is the whole quote.

“White people scare the crap out of me... I have never been attacked by a black person, never been evicted by a black person, never had my security deposit ripped off by a black landlord, never had a black landlord... never been pulled over by a black cop, never been sold a lemon by a black car salesman, never seen a black car salesman, never had a black person deny me a bank loan, never had a black person bury my movie, and I've never heard a black person say: We're going to eliminate ten thousand jobs here— have a nice day!”

99% of bad things that has happened to me in my life time (1950-) was by whites. So that must be the scarier group. Mr Moore may be right.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM

75 posts, read 60,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
"They are subsequently lapped up by the ignorant moviegoer as gospel."
are you a mind reader?
You dont need to be a mindreader. They tell you as much.

Quote:
why would you care anyway? all you guys fear free speech and expression when it is something other than your truth. pitiful
I don't know. I guess we shouldn't care when people lie and others blindly follow.
Its not free speech I fear its the lies and the people that believe them.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:58 PM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Says Who? View Post
You dont need to be a mindreader. They tell you as much.

I don't know. I guess we shouldn't care when people lie and others blindly follow.
Its not free speech I fear its the lies and the people that believe them.
do feel the same way about the conservative propagandist

Old 09-07-2011, 05:03 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
thought could be considered propaganda as well...now what. we can't express it?
I never said that he can't express his opinions. I never even said that he can't express his lies, but just because you can lie, should you lie?

Oh well, considering his last film lost quite a bit of money, it appears the market for his b.s. is drying up.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:10 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Hypocrite for sure. I wonder when he'll produce a movie on obesity in America.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
do feel the same way about the conservative propagandist
If people blindly follow, yes.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and an opinion being wrong doesn't make you a liar.
How ever what Moore does IS wrong and should be illegal. He makes movies and threatens to sue if anyone disputes what he says because, according to him, everything he says is the gods honest truth.
Then he not only lies but he lies about his lies and then lies about those lies.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I never said that he can't express his opinions. I never even said that he can't express his lies, but just because you can lie, should you lie?

Oh well, considering his last film lost quite a bit of money, it appears the market for his b.s. is drying up.
again do you feel the same way about the conservative "liars"

Old 09-07-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Says Who? View Post
If people blindly follow, yes.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and an opinion being wrong doesn't make you a liar.
How ever what Moore does IS wrong and should be illegal. He makes movies and threatens to sue if anyone disputes what he says because, according to him, everything he says is the gods honest truth.
Then he not only lies but he lies about his lies and then lies about those lies.
as does the much busted fox "news" network for it's lies. should that be illegal too?

Old 09-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
as does the much busted fox "news" network for it's lies. should that be illegal too?
Can you give me an example of just ONE thing Fox news has lied about? I'm not talking been wrong about, I'm talking lied.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

Well if the market for his "b.s." is drying up, what's there to worry about? Why even concern yourself with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies