Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:39 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Bush spent over a trillion dollars that we didn't have on wars in the Middle East. Was he a maniac too?
Don't you get tired of hearing yourself saying "BUSH", "BUSH", "BUSH"?

Everyone knows that "BUSH" was not perfect but then again .. THIS post wasn't about .. "BUSH"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 12:56 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No, Obama has an agenda.

That is the direction he is moving toward.

Better just take what you can and duck.
You know what, with Obama's agenda even the poor ducks are quacking!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:45 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Don't you get tired of hearing yourself saying "BUSH", "BUSH", "BUSH"?

Everyone knows that "BUSH" was not perfect but then again .. THIS post wasn't about .. "BUSH"!
Maybe it's because most of the problems we are facing now are a direct result of his administration. You say "he was not perfect," but that's like saying that Pearl Harbor was a "slight escalation in aggression." Before you blame the guy in office and his mishandling of the situation, you need to own up to the failures that led to the mess he inherited!

I remember on another forum, some doofus asking the question:

"Now, liberals, do me a favor: explain why our economy is such a mess... WITHOUT blaming Bush. I'd like to see you try."

My response was something to the effect of:

"Sure, moron. Now, you do me a favor, and explain to me how you cook a steak without applying any heat to it."

Never got a rebuttal.

If anyone's a maniac, it's the fools who are willing to hang one person for the same crimes they're willing to give someone else a pass for.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know what, with Obama's agenda even the poor ducks are quacking!
I know!!!!!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Maybe it's because most of the problems we are facing now are a direct result of his administration. You say "he was not perfect," but that's like saying that Pearl Harbor was a "slight escalation in aggression." Before you blame the guy in office and his mishandling of the situation, you need to own up to the failures that led to the mess he inherited!

I remember on another forum, some doofus asking the question:

"Now, liberals, do me a favor: explain why our economy is such a mess... WITHOUT blaming Bush. I'd like to see you try."

My response was something to the effect of:

"Sure, moron. Now, you do me a favor, and explain to me how you cook a steak without applying any heat to it."

Never got a rebuttal.

If anyone's a maniac, it's the fools who are willing to hang one person for the same crimes they're willing to give someone else a pass for.
Not much can be done now....

Just keep in touch with your congressman and support them blocking as they can.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
NOt that anyone actually believed it was already paid for but Obama said it adn it turns out its not paid for, it will be paid for with higher taxes on those making as low as 200k now dont get me wrong 200k is not chump change but its hardly a private jet owner.

Also i dont recall exact figures but something like 421 billion out of the 447 billion this will cost will come from HIGHER TAXES not cuts as Obama said it would

Obama knows this bill won't pass however then next year in 2012 he can say Republicans stood in the way and don't want to create jobs
Well, he's got a problem there. The American people DON'T want more spending we can't afford and certainly don't want more of the same first failed stimulus.

The guy is bereft of ideas and leadership. Instead of finding the offsets himself, he sloughed it off to the commission to find it for him. What a coward.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
As long as other people start paying their fair share, fine
Really? Over half don't pay any taxes - are they paying their fair share?

The top 10% pay over 70% of the taxes in this country - isn't that enough of a fair share?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times
Quote:
NOt that anyone actually believed it was already paid for but Obama said it adn it turns out its not paid for, it will be paid for with higher taxes on those making as low as 200k now dont get me wrong 200k is not chump change but its hardly a private jet owner.

Also i dont recall exact figures but something like 421 billion out of the 447 billion this will cost will come from HIGHER TAXES not cuts as Obama said it would

Obama knows this bill won't pass however then next year in 2012 he can say Republicans stood in the way and don't want to create jobs
No offense, but,

Of course it wasn't already paid for. Of course he had to raise taxes.
We knew this in 2007 when he started this rhetoric. We knew it when he said you could add 30 million people onto health insurance and it wouldn't raise the rates.

You cannot get out of debt by taking out loans.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:

Errr, Bush cuts end 12/31/11. Even if only for the top 2%, that's enough for the jobs plan.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really? Over half don't pay any taxes - are they paying their fair share?

The top 10% pay over 70% of the taxes in this country - isn't that enough of a fair share?
Great point. Unfortunately, when you ask someone to define fair share you will get a blank look, and then a repeat...it is the rich, if they have money thy are not paying their fair share.

I ask, how is it possible or right that those that use approximately half the govt services don't pay for it? Nada, nothing, big fat zeroe...Mooch city. Then we get,

"oh, that would be hard for them. Those folks are excused from paying income taxes, they need money to pay rent, to buy their computer, to buy their cable tv....

The higher earners can afford it..lets sponge off them some more...as we need to work for equal outcome."

So unfortunately you never actually get to an honest discusion...

real simple analogy...

Would the lib pay for a strangers steak at a restaurant every time they went out to dinner simply becasue their income was higher than the stranger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies