Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:22 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Errr, Bush cuts end 12/31/11. Even if only for the top 2%, that's enough for the jobs plan.
You mean the Obama extensions...and if we do it for the 2% it should be for everyone or none at all...

Lets see...high earners tax extension leaves about 70 billion a yr whereas those in the bottom 98% frees up about 250-270 billion a year......seems to be more money in the bottom 98%...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post

real simple analogy...

Would the lib pay for a strangers steak at a restaurant every time they went out to dinner simply becasue their income was higher than the stranger?
Heck no, they most likely don't even leave a tip for the wait staff. I know a few liberals that don't tip at all!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Spending almost $500 billion on a new stimulus when the first two (TARP followed by the Recovery and Reinvestment Act) both did jack squat.
TARP is the reason why we're not currently answering to Mexican and Arab overlords. Without it, the entire financial system would have collapsed, and that would have effectively spelled the end of American hegemony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
This guy seems intent on spending this country into oblivion. Being that Bank of America is probably going to need a bailout soon, we could very quickly be looking at another debt ceiling debate. Question is, how much can our drunken government spend before we are downgraded again? What is the point in all this spending anyways? We are worse off now than we were in January 2009.
The point in all this spending is to generate demand and thus create jobs. You see, corporations are profit-maximizing entities. They are sitting on mounds of cash and they are trying to make those mounds grow by any means necessary. They don't want to hire people because hiring people costs money. They'd rather squeeze every ounce of production out of every single worker currently on their payroll. Because companies are not hiring (instead they are paying out bonuses to guys like me), somebody has to step in and create jobs.

And that's where the jobs bill comes in. It keeps teachers, firefighters, and cops employed, and those teachers, firefighters and cops in turn spend their paychecks in grocery stores, shopping malls and movie theaters. If those teachers, firefighters and cops lose their jobs, they won't have money to spend in the grocery store, the shopping mall, or the movie theater, and then life becomes worse for the grocery store owner, the shopping mall owner, and the movie theater owner. Pretty easy to understand, huh?

Do you understand that life actually would be better if the stimulus package in 2009 had been bigger. The problem with the package was that it was too small, not too big. Think of it as trying to get a very weak car up and over a hill. We tried giving it a push, but that boost wasn't strong enough to carry it up and over. Now the car is rolling back down the hill. In order to finally get it over, we're going to need a stronger push.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 09-13-2011 at 08:33 AM..

Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Was coming here to post a similar thread.

This Lying Man had the audacity to say this "plan" was already paid for- 1st lie.

Then he says it will have to be worked out the details of paying for it at all (nothing set, agreed upon, or in his control). proving 1st lie.

Then he turns around and says tax hikes are necessary to pay for the "plan". As if the 1st lie didn't exist and was never spoken let alone used as a selling point.

Then in pushing for tax hikes calls the other party out for playing politics if they don't approve of his demand for higher taxes.
These taxes were already rejected before hand so Obama is the one playing politics but putting the blame on others in a game after he calls for "no game playing" (Obama declared, "This is the bill that Congress needs to pass. No games. No politics. No delays.") - his 2nd lie.

The tax is on "job creator"- his words, repeating another job squashing action that is damaging in the worst way.

Obama would raise taxes to pay for his jobs bill - Yahoo! News

"In a sharp challenge to the GOP, President Barack Obama proposed paying for his costly new jobs plan Monday with tax hikes that Republicans have already emphatically rejected. The reception to his new proposal was no more welcoming, setting the stage for a likely new fight with Congress.Flanked at the White House by workers he said the legislation would help, Obama declared, "This is the bill that Congress needs to pass. No games. No politics. No delays." He sent it to Capitol Hill saying, "The only thing that's stopping it is politics.""

To top it off he wants to kill deductions for charitable private contributions.

Lefties cry about anyone who complains about the government giving out other peoples money and admonishing them to give their own.

Well here's their much vaunted leader slamming his foot down on the generosity of the private citizen.

But there are those that over and over refuse to see him for what he is.

Doesn't get much sadder than that.
God help us.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:06 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
This whole entire thread is proof of why totalitarianism is preferable to the retardocracy we have today. Personally, I think the franchise should be extended to people based solely on their SAT scores and performance on Advanced Placement exams (particularly AP History and Government). The vast majority of Americans are too stupid and uninformed to vote. If unemployment is what you want, then by all means, vote Barack Obama out of office.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
You mean the Obama extensions...and if we do it for the 2% it should be for everyone or none at all...

Lets see...high earners tax extension leaves about 70 billion a yr whereas those in the bottom 98% frees up about 250-270 billion a year......seems to be more money in the bottom 98%...

Err ...

Tax Returns: A Comprehensive Assessment of the Bush Administration's Record on Cutting Taxes — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Tax Cuts Offer Most for Very Rich, Study Says - New York Times

Who benefits from the Bush tax cuts? : The Reid Report

Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 AM

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby..now there you go again...the old bait and switch.

You are trying to bring back President Bush. I like President Bush too, but let us stick to President Obama. President Obama signed off on maintaining tax rates ...so these are the Obama tax extensions....

Also, a couple of pointers...if I pay 100K in income tax, without to much thinking here...I should get more relief than the average person with any reduction. If I pay more, it is expected that any relief would benefit me more....so I would not expect tax relief to be equal.

Also, you seemed either to ignore my last comment...let me refresh..

"Thus, on the basis of current law, in 2011 the extension of the Bush tax cuts to all Americans would result in a $200 billion to $300 billion cost to the US Treasury compared to what had been expected. Extending the cuts to households making over $250,000 a year accounts for $32 billion of that."
What will deal on Bush tax cuts mean for the federal deficit? - CSMonitor.com

Huum Bobby...looks like more money is going to lower earners...alot more...

But as long as your a Gator fan it will work out...

Old 09-13-2011, 09:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
No, that's deregulation.
Nothing has been deregulated

Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Heck no, they most likely don't even leave a tip for the wait staff. I know a few liberals that don't tip at all!
Ha, ha....I know a few as well. Seems like I am always making up for their small tips....

Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Seems like I am always making up for their small tips....
Me too! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies