Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 12:02 PM

616 posts, read 856,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What's wrong with your kid? Isn't his immune system tip top? lol, poor kid.
trolling off topic. go back to page one if you need a primer on the subject.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:03 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,784,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
Common Sense is dangerous?
Huh? Nothing you have stated could be described as common sense. Anti science definitely.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:03 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,282,981 times
Quote:

it's not off topic. this is about immunization and you brought it up.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:04 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,538,251 times
Quote:
If we don't keep our eyes on this one, many people will suffer.
and if you 'opt out' and get sick. or get others sick..then what

Old 09-23-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Sorry sonny, simply quoting you. You claim a tip top immune system should be able to fight off any disease. Yet, you seem concerned about your kid getting polio from my vaccinated kid. Now why would that be?

As a reminder.

Quote:
People need to realize that a healthy Immune System IS your vaccination.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,335,950 times
Quote:
and if some idiot dolt sends their sick kid to school whose been pump fulla poison and germs passing out polio germs as they cough and gets my kid sick with Polio, they'll need burial insurance, I'm bypassing the ER.

This is why Education is so important. but some people would rather let the TV teach them and not go learn information for themselves.
Show me an example of a vaccinated person getting someone sick and we'll talk about it.

Look, you're free to bathe in your ignorance all you like, but frankly you're dangerous. I've seen this kind of thing before and it's merely a form of conspiracy theory nutiness. Truthers, birthers, moon landing sceptics, vaccinuts. All branches of the same tree of ignorance.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Show me an example of a vaccinated person getting someone sick and we'll talk about it.

Look, you're free to bathe in your ignorance all you like, but frankly you're dangerous. I've seen this kind of thing before and it's merely a form of conspiracy theory nutiness. Truthers, birthers, moon landing sceptics, vaccinuts. All branches of the same tree of ignorance.
Of course you are right. There are kids dying in California due to the type of ignorance on display here.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 PM

15,141 posts, read 8,677,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Ten infected with polio in China outbreak | Herald Sun

Interesting. I had not known of this new outbreak.

I will add that as a youth I knew several children who had suffered from polio, and in my job I still see cases of post-polio syndrome. Polio was, of course, a big problem back in the 1950s. Thank goodness for Dr. Salk.
Total Hogwash .... pure propaganda ... and since the 1950's, there has been not one case of polio in the United States that wasn't caused by the vaccine.

But what hardly anyone knows or understands is that the dreaded polio virus was in fact one of the mildest infectious diseases ever to come along ... with the vast majority of those infected never even knowing they were exposed. Symptoms included "nothing to extremely mild fever" and passed without treatment. The reality is, polio had already declined by over 70% before the live virus vaccine was invented, and the rate of decline charted suggests that if anything, the polio vaccine prolonged the life of the virus by slowing down that rate of natural eradication, through live virus vaccine re-introduction.

Just as importantly, the vaccine itself may be responsible for today's huge increases in cancers and leukemia, as the stocks of polio vaccine were discovered to contain many wild viruses from the monkeys used to culture the vaccines. This was discovered by Maurice Hilleman, chief immunologist/virologist at Merck, who identified SV40 as a cancer virus found in the polio vaccines on the shelf at Merck. The "40" stands for the 40th wild virus detected. He presented this data (which was given little media attention) at a conference where he presented his "Detection of undetectable viruses", and implicated the Sabin vaccine as contaminated. Sabin viewed this as an attack on the "live virus vaccine" to garner more support for the competing "dead virus" Salk vaccine, and called it an obfuscation due to the fact that vaccines in general were known to contain many wild viruses. Apparently, the immunological sciences were not overly aware of or concerned with the presence of wild viruses ... and according to Hilleman, this was the state of the technology of the time ... crude science.

Too bad we can't count on "Myth Busters" to do anything of real importance or truthfulness.

For those so inclined ... save the flames unless you can disprove the claims ..... these are the cold hard facts.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,670,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes a site that is pretty much "buy my books" scams

About Us
I was just wondering if this person had something to sell when I read your post!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,352,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course you are right. There are kids dying in California due to the type of ignorance on display here.
LOL!! Nice postings, well argued. How's it feel banging your head on the wall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies