Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
and if some idiot dolt sends their sick kid to school whose been pump fulla poison and germs passing out polio germs as they cough and gets my kid sick with Polio, they'll need burial insurance, I'm bypassing the ER.

This is why Education is so important. but some people would rather let the TV teach them and not go learn information for themselves.
But, how can that happen? Isn't your child's immune system, oh, excuse me, your child's IMMUNE SYSTEM, going to beat up those nasty polio germs?

I mean, that is what you have been posting for 20 pages or so, right? Why should you fear your child getting ANY disease?

Old 09-23-2011, 03:05 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
I'm always somewhere between amused and disgusted at the people who screech about the alleged evils of a vaccine that costs a buck fifty while happily buying "supplements" at fifty dollars a bottle.

BTW, guess what? Your body has formaldehyde right now. That's right. Even without vaccines. Your precious body is producing formaldehyde as we speak. The chemical is a by product of your metabolism.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:20 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Total Hogwash .... pure propaganda ... and since the 1950's, there has been not one case of polio in the United States that wasn't caused by the vaccine.

But what hardly anyone knows or understands is that the dreaded polio virus was in fact one of the mildest infectious diseases ever to come along ... with the vast majority of those infected never even knowing they were exposed. Symptoms included "nothing to extremely mild fever" and passed without treatment. The reality is, polio had already declined by over 70% before the live virus vaccine was invented, and the rate of decline charted suggests that if anything, the polio vaccine prolonged the life of the virus by slowing down that rate of natural eradication, through live virus vaccine re-introduction.

Just as importantly, the vaccine itself may be responsible for today's huge increases in cancers and leukemia, as the stocks of polio vaccine were discovered to contain many wild viruses from the monkeys used to culture the vaccines. This was discovered by Maurice Hilleman, chief immunologist/virologist at Merck, who identified SV40 as a cancer virus found in the polio vaccines on the shelf at Merck. The "40" stands for the 40th wild virus detected. He presented this data (which was given little media attention) at a conference where he presented his "Detection of undetectable viruses", and implicated the Sabin vaccine as contaminated. Sabin viewed this as an attack on the "live virus vaccine" to garner more support for the competing "dead virus" Salk vaccine, and called it an obfuscation due to the fact that vaccines in general were known to contain many wild viruses. Apparently, the immunological sciences were not overly aware of or concerned with the presence of wild viruses ... and according to Hilleman, this was the state of the technology of the time ... crude science.

Too bad we can't count on "Myth Busters" to do anything of real importance or truthfulness.

For those so inclined ... save the flames unless you can disprove the claims ..... these are the cold hard facts.
Please cite your reference.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:56 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,105,282 times
Quote:
and therefore, you believe you didn't catch smallpox or antrax because you took the vaccine? as if the vaccine saved you? notice the mental conditioning here. ??
We notice it in you. Brainwashed into paranoia?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Total Hogwash .... pure propaganda ... and since the 1950's, there has been not one case of polio in the United States that wasn't caused by the vaccine.

But what hardly anyone knows or understands is that the dreaded polio virus was in fact one of the mildest infectious diseases ever to come along ... with the vast majority of those infected never even knowing they were exposed. Symptoms included "nothing to extremely mild fever" and passed without treatment. The reality is, polio had already declined by over 70% before the live virus vaccine was invented, and the rate of decline charted suggests that if anything, the polio vaccine prolonged the life of the virus by slowing down that rate of natural eradication, through live virus vaccine re-introduction.

Just as importantly, the vaccine itself may be responsible for today's huge increases in cancers and leukemia, as the stocks of polio vaccine were discovered to contain many wild viruses from the monkeys used to culture the vaccines. This was discovered by Maurice Hilleman, chief immunologist/virologist at Merck, who identified SV40 as a cancer virus found in the polio vaccines on the shelf at Merck. The "40" stands for the 40th wild virus detected. He presented this data (which was given little media attention) at a conference where he presented his "Detection of undetectable viruses", and implicated the Sabin vaccine as contaminated. Sabin viewed this as an attack on the "live virus vaccine" to garner more support for the competing "dead virus" Salk vaccine, and called it an obfuscation due to the fact that vaccines in general were known to contain many wild viruses. Apparently, the immunological sciences were not overly aware of or concerned with the presence of wild viruses ... and according to Hilleman, this was the state of the technology of the time ... crude science.

Too bad we can't count on "Myth Busters" to do anything of real importance or truthfulness.

For those so inclined ... save the flames unless you can disprove the claims ..... these are the cold hard facts.
Ok, so here are the cold hard facts.

Polio History

"For the next hundred years, epidemics of polio disease were reported from developed countries in the Northern Hemisphere each summer and fall. These epidemics became increasingly severe, and the average age of people affected rose. The increasingly older age of people with primary polio infection increased both the severity of the disease and number of deaths from polio. In 1952, polio reached a peak in the United States, with more than 21,000 cases of paralytic polio.
In the immediate pre-vaccine era, improved sanitation allowed less frequent exposure and increased the age of primary infection. Boosting of immunity from natural exposure became more infrequent, and the number of susceptible people increased, which ultimately resulted in the occurrence of polio epidemics, with 13,000 to 20,000 paralytic cases reported annually."

"In order to eliminate vaccine-associated paralytic polio from the United States, it was recommended in 2000 that inactivated polio vaccine be used exclusively in the United States. The last case of vaccine-associated paralytic polio acquired in the United States was reported in 1999."

Ok, so now for sv40.

Simian Virus 40 and Human Cancer - National Cancer Institute

*****"Using data from the Danish Cancer Registry covering the period from 1943 through 1997, the researchers compared the cancer incidence in people vaccinated with SV40-contaminated poliovirus vaccine as infants (i.e., those born from 1955–1961) or children (i.e., those born from 1946–1952), to those not exposed to SV40 (i.e., those born from 1964–1970). Those exposed to SV40 had a lower overall cancer risk than those not exposed. Furthermore, they did not have an increased incidence of mesothelioma, brain tumors (including ependymoma and choroid plexus tumors), osteosarcoma and other bone tumors, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, or testicular cancer, compared to those not exposed to the virus."

Old 09-23-2011, 04:15 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Please cite your reference.
It's a case of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. He takes bits of valid information and draws erroneous conclusions.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
If we don't keep our eyes on this one, many people will suffer.
I had to run through that title sentence a couple of times. There's a couple of double negatives in it.... no wait, there are a couple of lone negatives that become double negatives when you put them together... yeah, I think I said that right. Anyway, you're right, universal vaccines are the way to go. I mean, there are places in poor old sub-Sahara Africa that still have problems with polio. A few days ago I clumsily slipped off a step and to hide my embarrassment I joked that my polio had kicked in. I actually joked about polio because nowadays it is has been made irrelevant in industrialized nations.

But on a serious note, I suppose if it is shown that someone's kid might have a negative reaction to some vaccine the kid could decide against it, but other than that we need to vaccine, like you said. Heck, just last week I got a shingles vaccination (yeah, I'm an old dude). The thing cost me $80 out-of-pocket after insurance. But I felt I had to do it, mostly for myself, but for others too. Shingles can be nasty. Thank God for a vaccination, huh?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:47 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
This has been disproven, time after time, for years.
Millions of children receive vaccinations with no ill effects.
Just a thought.
That is how the odds work.

If one person gets a disease while 1,000 do not. and you let that multiply out 100,000 fold; the end you can say "Thousands did not get it" true. you can also say that "Hundreds did".

So?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:48 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ok, so here are the cold hard facts.

Polio History

"For the next hundred years, epidemics of polio disease were reported from developed countries in the Northern Hemisphere each summer and fall. These epidemics became increasingly severe, and the average age of people affected rose. The increasingly older age of people with primary polio infection increased both the severity of the disease and number of deaths from polio. In 1952, polio reached a peak in the United States, with more than 21,000 cases of paralytic polio.
In the immediate pre-vaccine era, improved sanitation allowed less frequent exposure and increased the age of primary infection. Boosting of immunity from natural exposure became more infrequent, and the number of susceptible people increased, which ultimately resulted in the occurrence of polio epidemics, with 13,000 to 20,000 paralytic cases reported annually."

"In order to eliminate vaccine-associated paralytic polio from the United States, it was recommended in 2000 that inactivated polio vaccine be used exclusively in the United States. The last case of vaccine-associated paralytic polio acquired in the United States was reported in 1999."
Not that I agree or disagree with those figures .... nor want to marginalize those who suffered paralysis ... but the truth is, within those figures, any manifestation of paralysis, to include mild numbness in a limb was counted. The debilitating and severe cases of paralysis (as is the mental image people have of EVERYONE who was ever stricken with polio) was rather rare, encompassing a small percentage of the cases.

Now, to put those numbers into perspective, it is said that 36,000 people D I E each year from seasonal flu.

Like I said, Polio is recognized (by honest virologists) as one of the milder infectious diseases, that most people contracting it cleared without even knowing they'd been infected. Some suffered mild fevers, others respiratory issues like the flu, with paralysis affecting a small number of the overall cases ... and severe paralysis being very rare. This image most people have of polio as akin to the bubonic plague is simply a myth created by the ghouls cooking up these potions for profit. And there is not a lick of hard evidence that polio vaccine or any other vaccine has ever prevented one case of the disease ... let alone, eradicated any. That's the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ok, so now for sv40.

Simian Virus 40 and Human Cancer - National Cancer Institute

*****"Using data from the Danish Cancer Registry covering the period from 1943 through 1997, the researchers compared the cancer incidence in people vaccinated with SV40-contaminated poliovirus vaccine as infants (i.e., those born from 1955–1961) or children (i.e., those born from 1946–1952), to those not exposed to SV40 (i.e., those born from 1964–1970). Those exposed to SV40 had a lower overall cancer risk than those not exposed. Furthermore, they did not have an increased incidence of mesothelioma, brain tumors (including ependymoma and choroid plexus tumors), osteosarcoma and other bone tumors, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, or testicular cancer, compared to those not exposed to the virus."
Your assumption that what the National Cancer Institute claims is true would be your first error.

Why not just ask Merck if they caused a few million cases of cancer from their cancer virus contaminated vaccines? I'm sure you'd get the straight scoop from them too ... wouldn't you? Love those warm fuzzy answers!

Yeah baby, that makes sense to you doesn't it? The people who were casually administered vaccine with cancer viruses didn't get cancer ... but those that got the cancer free vaccines were he ones that keep getting the cancers? %&$*^ &%^*&$%% ^**^$*^$

Hate to break the bad news to you, but DOWN is not UP.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:49 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The hell with the opt-out clause. Parents who opt out of vaccinations should be forced to home school their children.

Diseases that have essentially been eradicated are on the rise. Is it going to take another polio epidemic for you nitwits to see the light? Keep your unvaccinated kids the heck away from mine.
'Force' a parent to be responsible?

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies