Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 02:55 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times

Advertisements

wow the Rothschilds made an early appearance here. They usually appear, I know, but this one was quick! I'm impressed!

Those of you who claim that Israel, being a "Jew state", is a racist state (it's nothing to do with race, Israeli Jews being of any skin colour, but whatever), what have you to say about now-called Palestinian leaders, and formerly called Arab/Syrian/Jordan leaders, when they wanted an ARAB State from the start (and they wouldn't settle for a two-state solution), or democratically-elected Hamas that now want a Judenreit Palestine (including today's Israel)?

Israel is a Jewish state because it aims to preserve Jewish identity and protect Jewish people, something that's not skin-deep, and it's not even religious, Zionism being of secular inspiration. It's not as simple as that. The Jews had always been a people (linked by traditions, language and dialects and a common history and experience) without a state and had inevitably suffered the consequences of always living in de facto Christian/Western states, Muslim/Arabian states, etc. They never had full rights, and if they did it was at the expense of being assimilated or silence as a collective voice. Their survival has been both unexpected and unwanted. It's like people nowadays take for granted that they'll always survive no matter what (like cockroaches or something), so why would they want a place to call home???

And those of you who say Israel stole land should know that they paid for it, and it was neither cheap nor easy. It was sold to private individuals and organisations like the Jewish National Fund. The Jewish National Fund (the same one that is funding and helping build Palestine's first planned community north of Ramallah) used money donated by Jewish people worldwide to plant trees, improve arable land, build houses and roads, provide people with water, fund schools for both newly-arrived and already-there (PALESTINIAN, the Europeans called them) Jews. We're talking a few decades before Israel even existed.

Funny how when South Africa practiced a real Apartheid regime where negroes couldn't even vote or own property, and needless to say were never represented in public matters, nobody demanded that the state be dismantled, but Israel is always put in doubt. Funny how Syria and Lebanon refuse to give Palestinian refugees who ask for it citizenship or even the right to take a walk outside the camps (that cannot even be done, legally: they made laws against both possibilities), and yet the Israelis are the bad guys. Oh yeah, Syria and Lebanon are always saying how much they wish for the Palestinians to be free and teaching Israel lessons of democracy and human rights. It's just hilarious.

No, Israel is not perfect and there's much, and very much needed too, room for improvement. It's just a (democratic) country like any other, it's only beginning (beginnings are usually clumsy) with the added difficulty of being the only one in modern history (since statehood began) that has its right to exist perennially questioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Is Israel accountable to American politicians?
Israeli politicians have never been accountable to any American politicians, but they like America's money and military aid.
Israel will tell America what to do...and America usually obeys.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:55 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
80 American politicians flock to Israel. I bet they're staying at the Sucka$$ Hotel.
Congress members' summer trips to Israel a headache for Obama? - US POLITICS - FRANCE 24

Old 09-26-2011, 04:11 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Why should the world compare Israel to a state (or in this case just a people) to whom which it is supposedly morally superior? Israel holds itself out as a democracy and is therefore held to a higher standard. I fail to see how a state can be democratic but yet engage in both de jure and de facto discrimination. That's why people are on Israel's case more than anything. It's blatant hypocrisy.

And would it really be any surprise that the Palestinians and the Arab states would oppose a two-state solution in the beginning? That's like saying Geronimo and Sitting Bull were being stubborn when they refused to live on reservations. "Well, you had your chance to live in Arizona under U.S. domination, Geronimo. But you chose to resist. Now off to Florida you and the Apache go!"

I think most Palestinians are coming to a recognition that the state of Israel is here to stay. Just like Native Americans came to a recognition that the "white-eye" was here to stay. The hospitals, schools, and businesses won't simply be uprooted and moved somewhere else. That's the reality of it. Now the question becomes, "What do we do with the Arabs living here?" What's your answer to that question?

Old 09-26-2011, 04:31 PM

313 posts, read 284,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

The bottom line is that people feel that it's somehow acceptable to have a state (in a purported democracy) that is of an ethnic character. That was wrong in early WWII Germany. That was wrong in apartheid South Africa. And it's wrong in 2011 Israel.

I'm no fan of Israel but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a country of one ethnicity or race. This nonsense that the most White countries have been brainwashed into believing that you must have democracy and allow the rest of the world to flood in is absolute nonsense.

I see nothing wrong with people who want to maintain their race, culture and people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm against the Palestinians who attack Israeli civilians with rockets and bombs, and I really don't care what religion they claim.

Did the Palestinians begin these attacks (which have killed <30 since 2000) before or after the decades of occupation, stealing of land and subjugation?

I'm surprised the Israelis and neocons haven't claimed the Palestinians are developing nuclear weapons.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,305,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
u want to go far in politics - better be a staunch supporter of Isreal, otherwise bye bye
Nobody gets elected without the support of our "bestest friends"
Wasn't it Pat Buchanan that said congress is Israel occupied territory.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Not true at all. In 1973 during the 7 day war, Nixon was not going to resupply Isreal. They were down to almost their last bullet when Kissinger made a deal with them regarding the USA continuing support.
thats not true. Nixon said that but it didn't mean anything and Israel was not worried one bit about being re-supplied during the 73 war.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Claim what you will, but I've been a Bible teacher/preacher for 30-years and can assure you that what I reported is exactly what the Bible says (without 'spiritualizing' the 'new Israel') -- I'm not suggesting that we fully understand everything in the Bible, including the End Time prophecy, but, for whatever reason, the nation of Israel has been the recipient of God's untold blessings down through the ages ... and even today. I further believe that the U.S. has been blessed in many ways by God, as a direct result of our support of Israel (It is certainly not because we remain a 'Christian nation' ... since, the U.S. has largely become a pagan nation ... and 'Christian' in name only).
We have been blessed because of our support of Israel? We have some of the most violent scary cities in the world. Is that being blessed?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 PM

860 posts, read 2,205,508 times
America has quietly become Israel's lap dog.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
I'm no fan of Israel but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a country of one ethnicity or race. This nonsense that the most White countries have been brainwashed into believing that you must have democracy and allow the rest of the world to flood in is absolute nonsense,
You're missing the point. No one is trying to force democracy down Israel's throat. It's already a democracy. And segregation along racial/ethnic/religious lines is incompatible with democratic values. Furthermore, this is not a country such as China where 98 percent of the existing population was of one ethnicity and it becomes a nation. Israel is forcing Palestinians out so that it can be a Jewish state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies