Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should corporations be allowed to have a no blacks hiring policy or no loans for blacks policy?
Yes 24 32.43%
No 50 67.57%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,470,896 times

Advertisements

No.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,435,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
No banker has ever been FORCED to give anyone a loan.Encouraged,yes,but ultimately it`s the banker`s call.
But ok, government encouraged to give risky loans, in the past the tax payer is "forced" to bail the banks out. Taxpayer money going to bail banks out after the government "encourages" banks to lower qualifiers is not "fair" to the taxpayer.

I hope you can figure out how to buy a home and just as important be able to afford it and keep it.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 AM

805 posts, read 1,164,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
You don't believe in the free market?

The free market is a myth and has never actually existed anywhere.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,435,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
The free market is a myth and has never actually existed anywhere.
ok, sure

Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,785,562 times
The free market would really decide the fate of that scenario.

I feel showing your true colors, does more for race relations than the curtain they hold up, to hide it.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 AM

805 posts, read 1,164,073 times
The role that the Community Reinvestment Act played in the financial crisis of 2008 has been exaggerated, to say the least. Most subprime loans were not made by institutions subject to CRA regulation.
Richard's Real Estate and Urban Economics Blog: Rub ́en Herna ́ndez-Murillo, Andra C. Ghent, and Michael T. Owyang show that the Community Reinvestment Act did not induce subprime lending.
Community Reinvestment Act had nothing to do with subprime crisis - BusinessWeek

Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,549,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
For any other race for that matter.

My question is not about what the law is right now, if you think corporations should be allowed to have a "no blacks allowed" hiring policy and for banks to be allowed not to give home loans to blacks? Meaning no government intervention and letting the free market decide where/if blacks get a job or if blacks can get home (or business) loans?

Is there anything stopping them now? I've seen Asian-owned businesses that never have any visible non-Asian employees, and if you seek to apply for a job, they never have any job openings.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,549,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
But ok, government encouraged to give risky loans, in the past the tax payer is "forced" to bail the banks out. Taxpayer money going to bail banks out after the government "encourages" banks to lower qualifiers is not "fair" to the taxpayer.

I hope you can figure out how to buy a home and just as important be able to afford it and keep it.

Government does not allow the sale of homes I can afford. Where's the free market when I need it?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:45 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,520,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, it's much more complex.....employers in the past (and now) showed racism in their hiring....they had to be forced to hire women, blacks and other minorities... complain to THEM. THEY were the ones who made mandatory hiring laws neccessary.

....don't complain about those who need a job and are discriminated against...
If you look at employment records from the late 1800s and early 1900s you will find that white employers in the north hired blacks quicker than white folk. White employees didn't like this so they formed unions to keep blacks from taking "white jobs".

Unions are the ones that made these laws necessary, not employers. Not all unions did this but the vast majority excluded blacks and other minorities. Then they turn around and claim credit for creating "equality" in hiring. lols. Biggest lie in American history.

And we are always told employers will seek any measure to cut labor costs. Then we're told the same employer will hire a white person instead of a black person. Then we're told blacks don't make as much. If the Liberal lie about employers were true then wouldn't black unemployment numbers be lower? If a company is cutting labor costs why hire a white guy when a black guy will do the same work for less money? You can't blame it on racism because these same "racist" employers hire Latinos and move to Asia to hire people.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM

87 posts, read 97,380 times
I think we need to take a step back and take a glance at history. When the "moors" africans came to europe they saw europeans divoid of culture among other things. europeans were living in shacks with farm animals they did not bathe nor did they seperate from their animals until the moors taught them that those practices were filthy, remember the black plague only hit europe they lived side by side with rats etc. the Moors taught europeans how to be self sufficient, they gave them archutecture,language,astrology,math,science,medic ine,hygiene,culture,fashion, and also showed them to clothe themselves lol. So when you say whites need to protect blacks i see it quite differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies