Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times

Advertisements

I find this rather sad. I've always believed that it would be better if transgendered people left their bodies alone. Instead, I think is better if WE change our views to allow people to be all the gradations between male and female that are possible. No judgment, no ridicule. Some Native American communities reference a third sex for people who aren't the other two. Why can't we adopt the same philosophy? With 7+ billion people on the globe, it is unrealistic to expect everyone to fall into just one of two groups. Having grown up with gender identity confusion, my heart goes out to the child, but I think it's too young to inflict what amounts to experimental science on him/her. We just have to accept that body and gender are not always conveniently matched.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:46 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default Lesbian parents allow their 11 year old adopted son to change his sex.

He started this at 8 years old, that is just insane, no kid thinks about this stuff without outside influence, instead of turning him into an It they should investigate why he thinks this in the first place.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,349,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
and people wonder how having 2 mommies could possibly harm a kid....
umm, they adopted him. many, many, many people believe that this is genetic, not something learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I find this rather sad. I've always believed that it would be better if transgendered people left their bodies alone. Instead, I think is better if WE change our views to allow people to be all the gradations between male and female that are possible. No judgment, no ridicule. Some Native American communities reference a third sex for people who aren't the other two. Why can't we adopt the same philosophy? With 7+ billion people on the globe, it is unrealistic to expect everyone to fall into just one of two groups. Having grown up with gender identity confusion, my heart goes out to the child, but I think it's too young to inflict what amounts to experimental science on him/her. We just have to accept that body and gender are not always conveniently matched.
I'll have to look for the paper, but there is a scientific study of this idea of a 3rd sex in, IIRC, Polynesia. It's discusses how a child born into a family of, say, 3 older brothers, will often identify with this 3rd sex. it's not too dissimilar to studies that suggest that birth order is complicit to sexual identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
He started this at 8 years old, that is just insane, no kid thinks about this stuff without outside influence, instead of turning him into an It they should investigate why he thinks this in the first place.
I do think he is awfully young to be going through this (personally, I'd wait till after puberty to see how the hormones may change/reinforce that idea of being born in the wrong body), but then again, who can say how young such an idea can start. I think I was around 6 or even younger when I truly realized that I, as a girl, was very different from boys. I never had any idea of not wanting to be a girl. maybe for him it was different, who knows.

I've heard of conditions where someone may feel like a body part truly doesn't belong to them and may even go as far as to amputate it. Not saying being transgendered is as extreme as this, but maybe people who feel like they were born in the wrong gender don't feel any connection to their reproductive organs or feel like their true identity matches up with their genetic identity. It's not as if he wants to be a girl so he has an excuse to ear dresses or play with dolls.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Absolutely disgusting - perfect example of WHY some don't advocate gay couples adopting.

How can this possibly be allowed to happen?

Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
The child should be taken away from his parents and they should be prosecuted.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This is exactly why we need to study and eventually medically treat people with the mental disorder of homosexuality. I'm all for gay couples adopting but not when they allow their mental condition to spread over to adopted children. Hormone blocking at 11 years old to prevent puberty? Come the F on now.
You honestly think homosexuality is a "mental disorder" that needs medical treatment????

Oh good God.....

Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
How is this lunacy?
Because ANYONE this young is too young to make a decission of this magnitude.

Would you allow an eight year old to decide if they should drink and drive, choose to have sex with or without protection, or raise children.

This decission is no less monumental, there is a reason parents are supposed to say "no" sometimes. They are supposed to have more common sense and wisdom than the twelve year old.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
You honestly think homosexuality is a "mental disorder" that needs medical treatment????

Oh good God.....
Yeah, it IS an abnormal, unnatural behavior.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:42 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,102,494 times
"Hector has TWO Mommies!"

"Oh, wait a sec; I mean, Heather has TWO Mommies!"

Old 09-29-2011, 06:43 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, it IS an abnormal, unnatural behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies