Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,702,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I find this rather sad. I've always believed that it would be better if transgendered people left their bodies alone. Instead, I think is better if WE change our views to allow people to be all the gradations between male and female that are possible. No judgment, no ridicule. Some Native American communities reference a third sex for people who aren't the other two. Why can't we adopt the same philosophy? With 7+ billion people on the globe, it is unrealistic to expect everyone to fall into just one of two groups. Having grown up with gender identity confusion, my heart goes out to the child, but I think it's too young to inflict what amounts to experimental science on him/her. We just have to accept that body and gender are not always conveniently matched.
Thank you. I applaud your wise comments. I can't help but wonder if "gender identity disorder" is a result of societal rules about gender roles.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,702,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This is exactly why we need to study and eventually medically treat people with the mental disorder of homosexuality.
And that statement is exactly why we should study and medically treat people with the mental disorder of stupidity.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:46 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
How is this lunacy?
Your question wasn't directed towards me, but I will tell you why. The answer in my opinion is that these parents are not mentally stable enough to be parents. I have known WAY too many parents that try to impose their beliefs on their children and try to sculpt, mold and form their children into some walking, living concept that they always wanted to see. It's sick and it is disturbing. I know parents who apply these techniques with their political, social or sexual ideologies in mind.

THAT is why it is lunacy. It seems that it is way too easy to adopt children these days as well. Think about it, if a parent feels so passionate about something (in this example: sexuality and freedom of being able to choose) then more than likely they will inflict these opinions on their children.

It is unhealthy if you ask me. Can you imagine the conversations in the household? The implanting of ideas in this young boy about sexuality? Do we really think that if in a woman-man household that he would want to have a sex change or have "always thought that he was supposed to be a girl?" No, the parents had an effect on him and basically have jacked his brain up with these thoughts.

I see it too much: parents (or so called parents) that are forcing agendas onto little kids. I see it in person amongst associates, I see it in the grocery store and we all see it on reality shows. People who have PSYCHOLOGICAL issues are living VICARIOUSLY through their children and MOLDING them. It is a sad thing because they kids are innocent.

The whole story is just sick and stupid. I'm sorry. I don't have a problem with homosexuality in a way like some people who wish to spit on them or hate them. I DO have people that I know and love who are gay. I can't understand how a little boy would say something as silly as, "I always knew I was meant to be a girl." That was a quote from the article. I mean, are you serious? Do he nor his parents (whatever) not realize that if he was "meant to be a girl" then he would have been BORN a girl? How stupid and ignorant can they be?

I believe the parents have psychological issues and I'm sure many psychologists or psychiatrists would agree.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 PM

769 posts, read 1,008,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And that statement is exactly why we should study and medically treat people with the mental disorder of stupidity.
I second that lol

Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,053,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Boys thinking they're girls.
Still not seeing the lunacy.

Or do people not know the requirements to go through sex change, no matter what age?

Quite honestly, if (s)he does have honest-to-goodness GID, it's a good thing that they caught it before testosterone messed the body up.

This is the PERFECT time to start hormone treatment.

However, I would only support this if they do have honest-to-goodness GID, and isn't just a "phase" thing.

Which is why there are such rigorous requirements for GID.

(Extensive psychological treatment, hormones, living as the opposite gender for one full year before surgery, etc.)

Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,426,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Thank you. I applaud your wise comments. I can't help but wonder if "gender identity disorder" is a result of societal rules about gender roles.
I too am in this camp. There's nothing "disordered" about whatever gender identity someone may have. If someone with a penis feels more comfortable identifying in more traditionally female ways, well, have at it. It's that person's proper order, not a sickness to be treated.

With regard to the OP I definitely think it would be wiser to allow the child to grow up without medical intervention. Then let the adult decide. And I agree it has nothing necessarily to do with the parents' own orientation. (All the homosexuals I know were born of straight parents. It's not contagious.)

Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This is exactly why we need to study and eventually medically treat people with the mental disorder of homosexuality. I'm all for gay couples adopting but not when they allow their mental condition to spread over to adopted children. Hormone blocking at 11 years old to prevent puberty? Come the F on now.
I don't know if I can say every homosexual person is mentally ill, but I totally hear where you are coming from. So sad.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,053,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Your question wasn't directed towards me, but I will tell you why. The answer in my opinion is that these parents are not mentally stable enough to be parents. I have known WAY too many parents that try to impose their beliefs on their children and try to sculpt, mold and form their children into some walking, living concept that they always wanted to see. It's sick and it is disturbing. I know parents who apply these techniques with their political, social or sexual ideologies in mind.
Prove that these parents forced this upon their child, please.

I've heard of some transgendered knowing that they didn't feel comfortable as their gender as early as 6-7.

Quote:
THAT is why it is lunacy. It seems that it is way too easy to adopt children these days as well. Think about it, if a parent feels so passionate about something (in this example: sexuality and freedom of being able to choose) then more than likely they will inflict these opinions on their children.
OH DEAR GOD WE'RE TEACHING KIDS TO HAVE AN OPEN MIND.

THE WORLD IS GOING TO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND.

Quote:
Do we really think that if in a woman-man household that he would want to have a sex change or have "always thought that he was supposed to be a girl?"
Well, considering that transgenders don't only come from homosexual households...
with these thoughts.

Quote:
I see it too much: parents (or so called parents) that are forcing agendas onto little kids.
Like heterosexual religious parents.

Quote:
Do he nor his parents (whatever) not realize that if he was "meant to be a girl" then he would have been BORN a girl? How stupid and ignorant can they be?
Because GID doesn't exist!

Yaaaay!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,325,973 times
This boy has gender identity disorder. He needs professional mental help, not hormone blocking treatment.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
He started this at 8 years old, that is just insane, no kid thinks about this stuff without outside influence, instead of turning him into an It they should investigate why he thinks this in the first place.
Exactly ... there should be psychologists on board to decide adoption cases. Some of these same-sex couples that are adopting shouldn't have children. This is really disturbing. Can you imagine the influence they have on him?

What if the person who gave the boy up for adoption knew that this was happening? They gave their child up for adoption and THIS is what happened to the BOY that they created? What if the reason for giving him up for adoption was actually because the parents wanted to give him a better chance? How is this a better life? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies