Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 08:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,790,157 times

Advertisements

The timeless question:

Why can a black dude call another black dude N****(they do ALOT on the rap underground channels) but yet if a white guys says, "Hey N****" to a black guy, he will suffer the wrath....

Can anyone explain that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 PM

812 posts, read 596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Deal?

After reading innumerable threads and comments regarding racial self-identification, lack of assimilation, and screeds about multiculturalism I thought to myself why is it that I've never read a thread or comment advocating the ending of the classification referred to as white? I mean if African American is so offensive because of its alleged inaccuracy then why not do a way with the term white, after all, white people are exactly white or anything close to it. So, in the hopes of bringing about that much touted color blind society, I would like to make the following offer.

Do away with the idea or whiteness and I will stop identifying myself as an African American and ask others to do the same.

What do you think?
Hey ovacatto,
Whattaya say I put on my Viking hat with the two big horns and my bear skin vest and you put on your spear chucker outfit and we,ll meet down at the mall and share a bowl of beans and some collard greens.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,748,658 times
Quote:
Deal?

After reading innumerable threads and comments regarding racial self-identification, lack of assimilation, and screeds about multiculturalism I thought to myself why is it that I've never read a thread or comment advocating the ending of the classification referred to as white? I mean if African American is so offensive because of its alleged inaccuracy then why not do a way with the term white, after all, white people are exactly white or anything close to it. So, in the hopes of bringing about that much touted color blind society, I would like to make the following offer.

Do away with the idea or whiteness and I will stop identifying myself as an African American and ask others to do the same.

What do you think?
I don't go around mentioning I am white. It is plain enough to see.

I have never refered to myself as Europe-American. Why do you call yourself African American? Can't you just be an American?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,317,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The timeless question:

Why can a black dude call another black dude N****(they do ALOT on the rap underground channels) but yet if a white guys says, "Hey N****" to a black guy, he will suffer the wrath....

Can anyone explain that?
More often than not "It's the context of the word" as opposed to the word itself. The "N' word is probably the most nuanced word in the English language. In most cases if a Black person is using the word toward another black person it's not meant to be hateful, hostile or derogatory. The same can't always be said when a White person uses it toward a Black person.

If you have difficulty understanding, relating or agreeing with that it's in all likelihood because you are not Black.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,568,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The timeless question:

Can anyone explain that?
Why do you care? This question is asked time and time again with the same answers given.

Say the N-word all you want, just deal with whatever comes your way for the pleasure of doing so.

And for the record, many Black people (myself included) not use the N-word nor condone the use of the N-word.

For once, I would like to see the same people who keep asking about the N-word ask the same question about women who use the B-word with each other yet a man can not do so. They already know the answer so why ask?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Me and my family find it offensive, we let people know when they call us African American, that we feel it is offensive and racist
Wow, that's great. It was always a wonder to me that blacks and whites together shed blood and tears for integration and immediately, spurred by the race baiters and the phony black revrunds using race to promote their own fame set about to promote segregation with terms like African American and multiculturalism.

The democrat party in particular has imprisoned black America by promoting self pity self loathing and self flagellation. One can observe such a distinction in the great contemporary black individualists of our day as role models. Thomas Sowell, condi rice, Herman Cain, any day over Jackson, Sharpton, and the many non memorables that will never outlive their funeral services that made their fame in supporting divisiveness.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,113,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Hey ovacatto,
Whattaya say I put on my Viking hat with the two big horns and my bear skin vest and you put on your spear chucker outfit and we,ll meet down at the mall and share a bowl of beans and some collard greens.
First, I believe that Vikings were known to chuck a spear or to.

Second, I would rather wear the Viking hat than eat collard greens.

Third, I avoid Malls like the plague.

But sure, I'll have a beer with damn near anybody.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:09 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,601,077 times
More so because whites identify us as black!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
First, I believe that Vikings were known to chuck a spear or to.

Third, I avoid Malls like the plague.

But sure, I'll have a beer with damn near anybody.
If that were to happen I would ask you a serious question. Why would you vote for a man just because he is black. Why are 95 percent of blacks polling as voting for Obama when all he has offered is food stamps and unemployment insurance.

Why would blacks any more than whites vote for hand outs over jobs. This is insane. If you were unemployed with your family on food stamps and 250 a week and I was black and responsible isn't it racist to vote against a man that might replace that with a job and can't black people and white people tell the difference.

Democrats are all about the collective believing if the collective is strong all are strong, the strong lift up the weak and reach for the lowest common denominator. Conservatives believe the strength of each individual makes the collective strong and the human condition of the strong will lift the weakest or at least provide. One thing for sure the greatest overall wealth is created in the latter scheme. What is so hard about this concept if it is not the eye of racism distorting the clear logic. Everyone working, greater overall production greater reward to each individual and the collective. If you live and exist from a handout you will never prosper. Dish Obama and wait for a real black and a real black leader. This ass clown must go.Hope you enjoyed the beer.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,312,419 times
Quote:
Ahhhh ... the joys of Collard greens. Add in some cornbread, black-eyed peas and tea (along with that beer) and we'll all sit down and be color blind.

A true southern delicacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies