Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:44 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,851,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'toasquarestate View Post
This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she’s worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she’s being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?

You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Now, if you have the guts - PASS IT ON...
Is it too late to get her to run for President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 01:46 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Is it too late to get her to run for President?
It's too early, she is 21 years old...hopefully she grows up and learns something about our constitution in the next 14 years before she is eligible to run.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'toasquarestate View Post
This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she’s worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she’s being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?

You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Now, if you have the guts - PASS IT ON...

And I thought conservatives were against big government intrusion into their lives. Whoever wrote this drivel wants to control every aspect of citizens' lives, right down to their housekeeping. Are the brown shirts available in the website store? A DVD on goose-stepping with style? Unbelievable and the height of hypocrisy.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:55 PM

Actually I guess it should be can we get Alfred W. Evans to run for President?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I understand, but to me "right wing" at least in this day and age tends to be authoritarian in nature. While I do have some conservative values, it does not in anyway make me a "rightie" or a "neocon!"
That is why when the extreme is the case try to use the term far right. Being right leaning is not bad in itself, some of my own points of view are more right leaning than left, the military and gun ownership being two examples. But if I point out what I consider to be far right ideas or statements or disagree with attacks on people based on falsehoods I end up getting labeled as a Left. Is what it is.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:03 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That is why when the extreme is the case try to use the term far right. Being right leaning is not bad in itself, some of my own points of view are more right leaning than left, the military and gun ownership being two examples. But if I point out what I consider to be far right ideas or statements or disagree with attacks on people based on falsehoods I end up getting labeled as a Left. Is what it is.

I know what you mean. And while I don't agree with everything you say on here, and I'm sure vice versus, it's all good. People aren't all going to agree all of the time. Hell, I'm sure you and your spouse (if you're married) don't agree on every single thing. I know my wife and I differ on certain things, though they may be small, we still have our different opinions. Debates are fine. It's when the insults start! I usually try to stay away from hurling insults unless you really p*** me off, or if it's just something completely beyond stupid!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:04 PM

[quote=Versatile;21476900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Exactly! It is crazy how people believe this crap they are fed all the time. The oldest trick in the book is to place the blame on those with no voice and no power. "Blame the poor! They're the reason for our declining economy". Uh, no how about we blame those that actually HAVE POWER and CONTROL our spending and money supply?
There is no excuse to live on welfare in this country. This country provides education for all, if anyone lacks the initiative to make the most of it they should not be rewarded with welfare for the rest of their lives. If people can come to this country without the benefit of speaking the language, without the free American education, and make a success of themselves there is surely no excuse for anyone that does speak the language and could have gotten an American education but chose not to.

Quote:
While I agree the welfare system should be revamped (especially Medical and Cash), there will be always be some type of fraud in every entitlement program.
If you are going to go after welfare fraud, Doctor's might be the biggest violators, signing off on phony disabilities just to get the "welfare client" that they can overcharge because GOVT is paying for it. But this is not the fraud we should be most concerned about.
There is no incentive for a doctor to sign off on phony disabilities just to get a "welfare client". First of all, if a patient is deemed disabled by Social Security they would not be a "welfare client" they would be a DISABLED client. There is NO profit in treating a welfare/medicaid patient. In most cases reimbursement is LESS than cost. Disabled patients have Medicare, which reimburses much better than Medicaid, but not as well as most commercial policies.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
[quote=chele123;21478349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
There is no incentive for a doctor to sign off on phony disabilities just to get a "welfare client". First of all, if a patient is deemed disabled by Social Security they would not be a "welfare client" they would be a DISABLED client. There is NO profit in treating a welfare/medicaid patient. In most cases reimbursement is LESS than cost. Disabled patients have Medicare, which reimburses much better than Medicaid, but not as well as most commercial policies.
I am not speaking on SSI individuals. In order to be eligible for Cash benefits (which include Medical benefits), you must have a disability (to show that you are unable to work) signed by a Doctor. It is a brief 1 page form that the Doctor simply signs, often not even putting end dates for the disability.

There ABSOLUTELY is incentive for Doctors to want welfare clients. They know that they are least likely to review charges, as they are not paying anyway. And they know that they will actually receive the money timely as Government pays for it. It makes up a BIG amount of fraud in the welfare system.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:08 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
And I thought conservatives were against big government intrusion into their lives. Whoever wrote this drivel wants to control every aspect of citizens' lives, right down to their housekeeping. Are the brown shirts available in the website store? A DVD on goose-stepping with style? Unbelievable and the height of hypocrisy.
Beat me to it Evenstar... this post closes the thread. As Palin says Conservatives just want the "government the hell out of our lives" ... except when it's people they hate. Then they are willing to go all Commy-Nazi on them.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:21 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times
Maybe she should, I don't know, learn about those programs first. In regards to Medicaid in Texas the biggest expenditure is on nursing home bound seniors. From her "solutions" to Medicaid I take it she doesn't know this.

Then again she could want to give bed ridden 80 year olds a tubal ligations and test their catheters for illegal drugs. Though I would be curious how she plans to find jobs for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies