Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Maybe you should look at worldwide standards of what luxury entails. Many would consider indoor plumbing, heating, and air conditioning to be "luxury". I see you're still denying that you're one of the rich you claim are going to hell when you take into consideration worldwide standards of living. Or do people living in squalor without shelter, food, or water not concern your entrance-to-heaven standards if they don't live in the US? Whatever helps you sleep better at night....
Like I said. That is the only valid point that you have made thus far. I may be rich in comparison to you. I am in the top 5%. I will leave it to God to Decide if I am really rich. I have to work for everything that I have. Rich people do not. That is my definition of rich is when your money works for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Like I said. That is the only valid point that you have made thus far. I may be rich in comparison to you. I am in the top 5%. I will leave it to God to Decide if I am really rich. I have to work for everything that I have. Rich people do not. That is my definition of rich is when your money works for you.
Being in the top 5% in one of the richest nation of the world and you're crying about the top 1%?? Oh, this is too rich (no pun intended). To be in the top 5%, you would need to earn in excess of $160K/year.

I don't think God cares about your definition of "rich". When do you plan to start selling off your Earthly possessions and donating them to the WORLD's POOR? I highly doubt God cares about your relative 'richness' or national borders.

If what you say is true and you truly do earn in excess of $160,000 per year, that puts you in the top 0.27% richest people of the WORLD. Yup, you're going to hell according to your own biblical standards. If you disagree, you're a hypocrite and this entire thread is a sham.

Global Rich List

Quote:
= 16,317,962
You are the 16,317,962 richest person in the world!
Out of 7 Billion people!!!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 PM

What, no comment, hotair2? What's wrong? Being in the top 0.27% of the richest people in the world not fitting well with your "the rich are going to hell" theory?

How to Repent | eHow.com

Old 11-03-2011, 11:34 AM

Okay, I guess you must be busy repenting for all of your sins.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:53 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Why are you all comparing each ideas of who is "rich?" True americans for decades have had one of the highest standards of living compared to the rest of the world, but that is not what we are talking about now is it? What we are talking about is a small group of people intrusted with billions of dollars of the working class citizenary retirement funds and it being treated like monoploy money to be lost and in many cases pocketed by the greedy and uncaring.

Comparing an out of work clothing maker who may get a couple hundred dollars a month to some third world adult making fifty dollar a year from the same company in order to increase profits (and lower prices) might be something that you want to look at also

Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,429 times
Quote:
When will this class warfare end with you liberals?
When it is actual warfare, the rich are dead, and their wealth is redistributed along with their blood.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Being in the top 5% in one of the richest nation of the world and you're crying about the top 1%?? Oh, this is too rich (no pun intended). To be in the top 5%, you would need to earn in excess of $160K/year.

I don't think God cares about your definition of "rich". When do you plan to start selling off your Earthly possessions and donating them to the WORLD's POOR? I highly doubt God cares about your relative 'richness' or national borders.

If what you say is true and you truly do earn in excess of $160,000 per year, that puts you in the top 0.27% richest people of the WORLD. Yup, you're going to hell according to your own biblical standards. If you disagree, you're a hypocrite and this entire thread is a sham.

Global Rich List

Out of 7 Billion people!!!!!
Why are you not worshipping me like so many of the peasants in the U.S. worship the rich.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
What, no comment, hotair2? What's wrong? Being in the top 0.27% of the richest people in the world not fitting well with your "the rich are going to hell" theory?

How to Repent | eHow.com

Had to do some work to support my riches. I responded to your post. I fully expect you to be worshipping me now since you believe that I am rich such as you do all of the other rich people. Be a good peasant, and I will let some trickle down.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Of the 1%'ers, how many do you think, give heavily to the charities of their choice, instead of having it taken from them to give to the Presidents buddies?
They do like their tax deductions.

Quote:
If you are in the 25% tax bracket in 2009, the actual cost of a $100 donation is only $75 ($100 less the $25 tax savings). As your income tax bracket increases, the real cost of your charitable gift decreases, making contributions more attractive for those in higher brackets.
The actual cost to a person in the lowest bracket, 10%, for a $100 contribution is $90. For a person in the highest bracket, 35%, the actual cost is only $65.
Give and grow rich with charitable deductions

Old 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
When will this class warfare end with you liberals? Many of those so-called evil 1%ers are also employers and job creators. Many also are very philanthropic with their wealth. Why are you concerned with the afterlife of wealthy people?

You know what else is in the bible?

Jealousy.
Matthew chapt. 25:41-46

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies