Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 09:51 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Go read your own posts.

Play this with someone else.
Play what? I asked one question and you refuse to answer it. I liked my own posts to remind you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Wow, Herman Cain is trying very hard to catch Romney for the title of Flip Flop Champion. I'm sure later on Cain will come out and say he was "confused and misspoke" regarding the first interview. Whether or not he actually did anything, he's handling this issue like he's handled every other issue during his "campaign," by bungling the facts, lying, flip flopping, evading, back tracking, and generally coming off as un-knowledgeable.

I don't think this is what is called a flip-flop... this is changing your story about three times in a 24 hr. period. That is beginning to bug me with all of this. According to reports, the Cain campaign has known for about 10 days that this was going to come out. Why did they not prepare him for how to handle it? He needed to come out with a firm statement and then let that be that. Instead, he didn't even know what they were talking about, then he did know but he wans't sure there was a settlement paid, then he knew there was a settlement paid but not sure how much???

When you are going to run for president, you know what is in your history that might rear it's ugly head and you better be ready for it. Fair or not, even if this is being blown completely out of proportion and Cain was basically innocent, it has to be dealt with.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:13 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i dont even think it happened.

one of those comments got it right, this is a high tech lynching, enter anita hill.

they will do anything and say anything to prevent cain from succeeding.

cain has been married for over 40 years, is god fearing and was even a minister at his church.
Ha Ha Ha Ha...........so?

You just described some of the worst offenders.

Cain is toast, looks like its Mittens if Cain cannot survive this latest embarrassment.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:07 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Herman Cain is history

The responses to these allegations deviate SIGNIFICANTLY from Cain's pattern thus far. About every topic, he's been forceful, strong, absolute, and unwavering. On this topic, he's the Flim-Flam man.

If there was a settlement, he doesn't know about it. Why was there a settlement if nothing happened? Why was there a settlement if the claims of the accuser were baseless? Why didn't Cain work to clear his name if these claims were baseless? Cain is deceptive in his answers, which is uncharacteristic. He has been BUSTED.

I don't feel sorry for these GOP candidates while they chase their tails and flame out. I laugh at the spins by people on the Right to try to justify the actions and behavior of these GOP candidates when the candidates themselves can't do it.

It's over for Herman Cain.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:35 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

It's over for Herman Cain.
Nooooo.......I WANT him to get the nomination.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:52 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I'm sure that someone has already addressed this, but assassination...really?
This is more like scrutinization and everyone who thinks they are good enough for political office undergoes it. Personally I could care less and would never vote for the guy due to his ideas.
Some call it "assassination" some call it "an unconscionable racially charged attacked" I call it "proper vetting for a candidate for POTUS."

Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times
The way Cain is now rapidly changing his story and dribbling out details reminds me of a guy explaining lipstick on his collar to his wife. First, he knows nothing about it, he was out with the guys last night. Then, oh yeah, there was some woman he didn't know who bumped into him. Well, yes, she did get a little too friendly, but she was drunk and he tried to push her away.

Eventually the guy reveals he's been sleeping with another woman for a year and she's having his baby.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,319,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't think this is what is called a flip-flop... this is changing your story about three times in a 24 hr. period. That is beginning to bug me with all of this. According to reports, the Cain campaign has known for about 10 days that this was going to come out. Why did they not prepare him for how to handle it? He needed to come out with a firm statement and then let that be that. Instead, he didn't even know what they were talking about, then he did know but he wans't sure there was a settlement paid, then he knew there was a settlement paid but not sure how much???

When you are going to run for president, you know what is in your history that might rear it's ugly head and you better be ready for it. Fair or not, even if this is being blown completely out of proportion and Cain was basically innocent, it has to be dealt with.
I agree...I don't like his evasiveness.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
When John McCain was rumored to have fathered a black child, was it Democrats behind it? No, it was Karl Rove on behalf of Bush.
I've heard some speculation that Rove might be behind this, too.

Personally, I think the Obama administration would LOVE to run against Cain in the general election (gee....I wonder why?). It makes no sense that this would have come from them because, as one poster mentioned, this information would be much more valuable if it came out closer to the general election (if Cain were the nominee).

I might be more inclined to believe that it's a smear campaign with no basis in truth if it weren't for the fact that Cain's being so squirrely about it. At first, he said he knew nothing about it, a few hours later he's able to recount complete conversations with at least one of the women (the one about her height). That....and the fact that one or both of the women received a cash settlement. Too bad that settlement also included an agreement that they don't speak about it.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
...i hope he (Romney) goes to hell for what he's done to cain.

Why, how very Christian of you!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies