Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:00 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
1) Who is the "Man"?
2) How will an attack on Iran prevent economic collapse? If anything the opposite is true.
The MAN is .....IRONMAN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 04:51 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You don't seem aware that the budderhood are our allies now.
So THEY say. LOL.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
If Israel decides to attack Iran, the US and myself actually will be right there behind them. Iran should never have posession of a nuke, period. And their leadership needs to be assassinated.
i hope you have enlisted then.

i am glad that you can only speak for yourself, and not the country.

who are we to determine who has nuclear capability? who is israel for that matter? nobody stopped them from getting nuclear weapons, and they certainly can use them anytime they feel "threatened", but leave the US out of it.

i know that there are unpatriotic americans who would like to see ALL our wealth transferred to other countries, through wars and legislation, (and they have been doing a pretty good job of it so far) but there are those of us who will continue to try and stand in their way.

i read a thoughtful piece on possible war and, if anyone is interested, here it is:
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...els-big-bluff/

i see a bad moon on the rise.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-04-2011 at 05:19 AM..

Old 11-04-2011, 04:28 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Wars are stimulus packages.
What stimulus? Do you understand what will happen with world markets if Iran's oil exports are in jeopardy (and they may prevent other oil producers from exporting)? When gasoline at the pump is $20 or more, America is done!

Old 11-04-2011, 04:38 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Here's the message from America's #1 sugar baby:

Netanyahu to Obama: Stop Iran—Or I Will - Magazine - The Atlantic
I thought that is from today
This article dates back to March 31, 2009! Did you waste long time digging? (I found one from 2000 when Netanyahu was still in high school....).

Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
What stimulus? Do you understand what will happen with world markets if Iran's oil exports are in jeopardy (and they may prevent other oil producers from exporting)? When gasoline at the pump is $20 or more, America is done!
You seem to think Iran is a lot more powerful than I do. They import all their gasoline. We've had sanctions on them forever. Which only serves to hurt the Iranian people.

Quote:
Since then the US has all but disappeared off Iran's export map.
For the developed countries as a whole there is also a marked decline, though they remain major markets, and still account for more than 40% of Iran's exports.
So where are Iran's exports going?
Developing countries in Asia are buying a bigger share. China in particular is now Iran's biggest market of all, having bought only 1% of total exports in 1995.
BBC News - Squeezing Iran: Oil and sanctions

Old 11-04-2011, 05:47 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Israel is sabre rattling (that link from 2009 proves it). The UK is unlikely to attack or invade Iran without the US (that Guardian article says the UK, while the Daily Mail says UK & US; shoddy journalism) ,and Obama has no intentions on attacking Iran in the run up of the 2012 elections. Iran is a much larger country with much closer links to China and Russia, it would be far too risky, and Israel will not do anything to Iran without the support of the US. The world is experiencing enough problems right now, we don't need another one and I think our politicians realise this, especially in a world where all our economies are so closely linked with one another, it just isn't worth it and would do far more bad then good.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:50 PM

417 posts, read 365,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i hope you have enlisted then.

i am glad that you can only speak for yourself, and not the country.

who are we to determine who has nuclear capability? who is israel for that matter? nobody stopped them from getting nuclear weapons, and they certainly can use them anytime they feel "threatened", but leave the US out of it.

i know that there are unpatriotic americans who would like to see ALL our wealth transferred to other countries, through wars and legislation, (and they have been doing a pretty good job of it so far) but there are those of us who will continue to try and stand in their way.

i read a thoughtful piece on possible war and, if anyone is interested, here it is:
Israel’s Big Bluff by Justin Raimondo -- Antiwar.com

i see a bad moon on the rise.

I do not think it is good for any more countries than already has to have nuclear weapons. Especially a region as volitile and unstable as Mideastern nations such as Iran.

Disagree with me all you want, I respect that. The United States is the only country to have used a nuclear warhed, so I feel there is a level of hypocrisy here. I sympathize with the leftist viewpoint, but I disagree with it. No more nations need to have nuclear capabilities, especially Iran. It would serve no one any good if they do.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:57 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Smoke 'em, Brits. I really do not know why in the world that the west simply has not swatted this "fly" of Iran in the past few years. I really think that a tactical nuclear attack would shock all these petty states into a level of realization that they cannot meddle in the affairs of nuclear super powers.

Nuke 'em and get it over with. When that is done, there will not be another "Iran" that sabre rattles and threatens the west. Ignore them, and you invite others. When they know that you are serious and will actually pull the trigger, they will have fear. Otherwise, we can expect continued mayhem from Iran. Nuke 'em now, or be prepared for complications ten fold when we are forced to do so in the future.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:02 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Not exactly, and would you please wipe the sarcasm off my screen?

They will loot (and are looting) the Middle East and Russia for resources (specifically oil), keep Russia and China from becoming world superpowers, keep the USA in one piece and make it look like the East started the whole thing and that we had no choice but to destroy them.

Do you not know your history? Do you think WW2 just happened; that it was a classic good vs evil confrontation? Did you know the Great Depression itself threatened the existence of the country and could not be reversed unless we had an unfair advantage in world economic affairs? Do you know why Postwar America soared to new heights after the war?
You do know that the U.S. was solidly AGAINST getting involved in WWII, even after it had been going strong for a couple years don't you?

It took a sneak attack on Pearl to get your country motivated to get involved beyond furnishing some materials up to that point.

So all the neighbouring Arab countries are going to just sit there while Iran fires off missles at Israel and creates a radioactive cess-pool where no one can live?

Neighbouring countries cannot be convinced through diplomatic channels that IF Iran fires off these missiles the whole region would be declared un-inhabitable due to the response from the west and Britain?

India and Pakistan are alright with this scenario?

Lean on these retarded countries and demand they man up or sit back and watch it all unfold to their detriment. Iran can be pressured by others if the will is there to coerce the others with common sense being laid at their feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies