Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
The OP was a Felon & brags about it. He lied to the Medical licensing board.

If he was never caught and convicted, please enlighten us as to how he was a felon and lied to the Licensing board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I have many friends that are doctors.

They all seem to agree that the med salesmen give them any drug they want.

Pills for everything.

This was in med school too.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I find the OP very truthful.

You worked in a morgue???

One of my little jobs over the years was a cemetery sexton.

If I had to pick one for my favorite that work be it.

It was SO VERY peaceful and relaxing.....

Of course, I had to talk to people in pain but, still they were so nice.
The true title is 'diener' german for servant.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
If he was never caught and convicted, please enlighten us as to how he was a felon and lied to the Licensing board.
No he didn't. The licensing board asks about arrests and convictions.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
No he didn't. The licensing board asks about arrests and convictions.
My point exactly.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
The true title is 'diener' german for servant. And it was the university hospital morgue, so mostly patients, not a ton of violent deaths from trauma.

It was a job. It paid well. It was rough. Not the place to be with a hangover (it was college). But I never thought it was beneath me or I was better than the job. I learned alot. Got my emotions in check. And learned to use a bone-saw. Course the diener is the one who gets to sift through the stool in the 40 odd-foot of intestines looking for pills and what-not. If they were cold- the stool was hard- if it was a rapid post- the stool was hot and would go from warm liquid to solid stool as you made your way down. And at the end I got to clean and mop up. Still beat working in the cafeteria.

So I had little sympathy when my 16 year-old cousin quit his McDonald's job because 'people didn't give him his respect'.
Oh, I sold lots and keep the gounds pretty.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I find the OP very truthful.

You worked in a morgue???

One of my little jobs over the years was a cemetery sexton.

If I had to pick one for my favorite that work be it.

It was SO VERY peaceful and relaxing.....

Of course, I had to talk to people in pain but, still they were so nice
I didn't have to talk to people then!
Yes - peaceful, not so relaxing though.

That was much better than when I was doing lectures.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:23 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post

So I had little sympathy when my 16 year-old cousin quit his McDonald's job because 'people didn't give him his respect'.

When you flip hamburgers, your neighbors don't give you respect either.

In Ann Arbor, minimum wage workers were priced out of the housing market unless they were students subsidized by parents or financial aid.

So the Salvation Army wanted to open a rooming house on the edge of downtown so that these minimum wage workers could live within walking distance of their jobs.

The proposal had to first pass the city council, and Republicans raised the NIMBY banner and threatened to use it to bash Democrats in the upcoming election. The wimpy Democrats all caved and the burger flippers were stuck commuting from Ypsilanti or further out.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
there's an unexpectedly large numbers of Americans becoming entrepreneurs within months of qualifying for Medicare (over and above those you would expect to become entrepreneurs because they were fired, forcibly retired, etc.) The reason: They now have the security of healthcare, so they can take the risk of starting private companies. It's just one of the MANY, MANY ways in which a vigorous public and private sector support each other to create a successful economy that can't occur when there's only one or the other.
I guess you aren't taking into consideration that those people might have worked at jobs all those years that they didn't prefer, out of a sense of responsibility and after retirement created jobs out of what had had to be just hobbies or pasttimes up until then?
Maybe if I publish an article people will take it as fact?
The article you quoted contains papers that.........
"
[LEFT]They have been approved
for circulation by the RAND Institute
for Civil Justice but have not been[/LEFT]
formally edited or peer reviewed."

Sounds like an opinion piece to me.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
He has admitted here to committing a felony - i.e. selling illegal drugs to minors.
Whether convicted or not, the fact is he did commit a felony.

That is information that is relevant to the licensing of a physician. His failure to disclose that should have disqualified him.
Maybe he did not lie Technically, depending on the precise question asked, but he was less than honest by not disclosing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies