Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 03:40 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,965 times

Advertisements

We had an awesome opportunity 150 or so years ago to cut that mess loose. Nope! The idiots fought to keep the south.

That just goes to show ya. Be careful what you wish for.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:41 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
When Dems said "God is dead"..........

........or at least started acting and legislating as if it were so.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The South is more bible-belt, God, country and apple Pie, sort of thing, seems to me. Isn't it that the faith in God and extreme Patriotism for our country, "as founded" what has made the South be more GOP?

I'm a proud (not in a bragging way) Native Texan and yes, most of my family, if not all, is conservative and GOP, though by default, lately. Friends-I have some Dem. friends but they are the old-time, Dem, more of a liberal way of doing business, and they do hold some of my values, at the same time.
As founded...so I guess the 3/5 compromise, delays in legislating the slave trade and giving states the right to deny basic rights to their residents was okay with you? Ponder that for a minute.

It's obvious that southern politics always revolved around race:

1. The South hated the Republicans for keeping them in the union and freeing the slaves and passing the three Civil War amendments.

2. In 1948 the "Dixiecrat" party broke with northern democrats to rail againstt he pro-civil rights platform that Truman supported.

3. In 1964 LBJ ceded the South to the Republicans when he signed the Civil Rights act. Meanwhile the Former Party of Lincoln pandered to racist southern whites with the "southern strategy" by talking all about states' rights and smaller government. By the 90s, the south--at the national level--had largely gone Republican, and that has only continued and intensified in recent years.

Is the current generation of southerners racist? I don't really think so, and many southerners are good people, but racism and anger over segregation was what started the trend in the first place. And the GOP sold out Lincoln's values for worthless segregationist votes. Disgraceful.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Amazon.com: The Emerging Republican Majority: Kevin P Phillips: Books

Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
We had an awesome opportunity 150 or so years ago to cut that mess loose. Nope! The idiots fought to keep the south.

That just goes to show ya. Be careful what you wish for.

Try to get a sensible answer and this is the garbage you get. Do I detect a little hatred for the South here? I bet you are the first to yell racists when anything about the South is brought up.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Try to get a sensible answer and this is the garbage you get. Do I detect a little hatred for the South here? I bet you are the first to yell racists when anything about the South is brought up.
I'm not sensible because I don't like brain-dead rednecks having a say in how I have to live my life up north?

Uggh.......

Don't get me wrong, I know some good people down south. Most moved from up here.

However the natives? I've found them to be among the most politically dishonest, integrity deprived individuals I've ever met.

I honestly can't figure out why we haven't split the country yet. Things would be so much easier.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:04 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,531,260 times
"I'm not sensible because I don't like brain-dead rednecks having a say in how I have to live my life up north?"

Wow, I know how you feel, here! I can't say I agree, but I know this feeling.

I found it more than disgusting that mindless numbnuts were allowed to vote Obama into-power and affect MY freedoms down south! This is the proof of what I speak of.
(warning about potential, four-letter words perhaps being spoken here, I can't remember if so, or not...)

Stupid Obama Voters - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not sensible because I don't like brain-dead rednecks having a say in how I have to live my life up north?

Uggh.......

Don't get me wrong, I know some good people down south. Most moved from up here.

However the natives? I've found them to be among the most politically dishonest, integrity deprived individuals I've ever met.

I honestly can't figure out why we haven't split the country yet. Things would be so much easier.

What about your brain dead rednecks? Are you so ignorant to think that all of the people in one region of the country has a monopoly on them? Rednecks exists in every part of this country. You need to read more.
People are good no matter where you live. You seem to be a person that is stuck in the past. You are still blaming the people of today for the treatment of your people over one hundred fifty years ago.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What about your brain dead rednecks? Are you so ignorant to think that all of the people in one region of the country has a monopoly on them? Rednecks exists in every part of this country. You need to read more.
People are good no matter where you live. You seem to be a person that is stuck in the past. You are still blaming the people of today for the treatment of your people over one hundred fifty years ago.
My people? lol

(unzips fly, checks)

Nope, sorry Hoss, I'm not black. Wish I was some days, but no, I'm not.

...but I can see how you might think I am, being that I'm not a racist and you're from the south.

Those two qualifications alone down there mean I must be a minority

Old 11-10-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
My people? lol

(unzips fly, checks)

Nope, sorry Hoss, I'm not black. Wish I was some days, but no, I'm not.

...but I can see how you might think I am, being that I'm not a racist and you're from the south.

Those two qualifications alone down there mean I must be a minority

I must have you mixed up with someone else. I thought on another post that you said you were black. Oh well. You may not be a racists, but your ignorance shows big time when you say that people from the South are all racists. I would be willing to bet everything I have that as much racism exists in the North as it does in the South. It is no longer the 1800's in case you missed that. Perhaps you should do a little more reading of history and find out about racism in the North.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies